Valliy

Never Recieved Packet 4 now showing no appointments mtrl

12 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey Guys,

We applied for the K1 back in November of last year. Almost a year and we are still waiting.

I received my NOA2 and sent in packet 3 it arrived at the Montreal consulate July 31st.

I called several times and was told that they could tell me nothing about my case .

After about a month of calling, I emailed them and they got back to me about 3 weeks later.

They told me that my packet 4 had been sent back in August! AUGUST the 5th. 6 days after they received packet 3, meanwhile I've been calling and they tell me that there is no changes to my case! That packet 4 has not been sent!

OK so this was Sept 26....and every single time I check to see if I can schedule my interview, as it is stated in the email I received that I can...it says ...

NO APPOINTMENTS ARE AVAILABLE AT THIS TIME....

Help *cries*

I suppose the real question I am asking is How often does montreal assign blocks of interviews? Anyone know? or any idea when? I've been checking for about a week and it always says the same thing.

And as for packet 4... do I need it? Do I need a hard copy of packet 4? Should there be an inquiry as to why I never received mine?

All I have is an email with the details of packet 4 and when it was sent to me. Its not the actual Packet.

Timeline

The email is your packet 4, you will not receive a hard copy from MTL. I received my packet 4 via email on September 19. I booked my appointment the following morning and then rescheduled on Tuesday September 24 for an earlier date. Keep your eye on it constantly!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

I think I'm in the same boat with you as we were notified September 30th of our appointment and given packet 3 before that via email. I believe our "packet 4" including appointment letter was an e-mail from them telling us our medical and interview dates (october 16th). The problem is I want to confirm this as they never mentioned packet 4. Seems like we'll just need to print off the e-mail and bring it to the consulate.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~Moved from K-1 Process to Canada Regional Forum~

~Inquiry is embassy/consulate-specific~

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Timeline

I think I am also in the same position. I looked online and it said I am ready to book an interview. I haven't received anything in the mail or email. How soon after the consulate receives packet three do they tell you to book a medical exam and appointment. I called today and they can't tell me anything but online it says book interview (online it says none available at this time)

I'm so stressed because I'm pregnant and due in February :(

Timeline

For specific inquiries regarding your immigrant (or fiancé) visa application, please send an email to montreal-iv-dv@state.gov. Please be sure to put your case file number in the Subject line.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey I have a question for you Valliy. They never sent you an email announcing packet 4 release right? Did you include in your packet 3 an email address for them to send it to?

We've been waiting a three weeks and today they finally told us packet 3 was logged and packet 4 "should" be going out soon, but now I'm wondering if we'll get it.

Timeline

Hey I have a question for you Valliy. They never sent you an email announcing packet 4 release right? Did you include in your packet 3 an email address for them to send it to?

We've been waiting a three weeks and today they finally told us packet 3 was logged and packet 4 "should" be going out soon, but now I'm wondering if we'll get it.

Yes I included my email in packet 3 but I never received packet 4.

It was only after I emailed them that they told me packet 4 had been sent by mail almost 2 months prior.

The best advice I can give is email them and wait...and wait...and wait some more...and then after you get permission or packet 4...develop OCD from checking the website to see if there is any appointments available cray5ol.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.