JAYANN & JAY

Proof of Address

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Anyone had a civil marriage and was asked to provide proof of address for the fiance/fiancee?

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

03.05.13: I-129F Sent
03.12.13: I-129F NOA1 (Vermont Service Center)
07.12.13: I-129F NOA2 (Petition approved)

08.27.13: Interview - APPROVED

09.23.13: POE to JFK

10.08.13: WEDDING DAY

AOS PROCESS

11.02.13: AOS/AP/EAD Sent

11.08.13: NOA1

12.11.13:Biometrics

01.06.14: EAD/AP combo card received

02.07.14: Received an interview waiver letter

04.18.14: Green Card received

ROC PROCESS

03.08.16: ROC Sent

03.12.16: NOA1

04.04.16:Biometrics

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did that happen to you, in the USA?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

When we filed for our marriage license here in New Jersey they asked my fiance to provide a proof of address and the only thing he had was his Philippine ID with his address and they also want a proof of address for our civil ceremony.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Timeline

what news of SSN ?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

we haven't filed for the ssn yet since we are waiting a couple more of days just to make sure he is in the SAVE system already.

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nothing in the requirements state the ID needs to show New Jersey residence, the requirements state a passport is adequate. Maybe you need to speak to a supervisor and bring a copy of the requirements along... looks like that office has one more graduate from the Forrest Gump school of - Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Requirements for entering into a Marriage:

For two persons to establish a Marriage in this State, it shall be necessary that they satisfy all of the following criteria:

1. Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this State or recognized by this State;
  2. Be of the opposite sex ; and
  3. Be at least 18 years of age, except that applicants under the age of 18 may enter into a Marriage with parental consent. Applicants under the age of 16 must obtain parental consent and have the consent approved in writing by any judge of the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family part.

Where to apply:

1. The marriage license application is to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
  2. If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.

Please contact the Local Registrar to determine if license applications are handled during business hours or by appointment.

Required documents when applying for a marriage license:

1. Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
  2. Proof of your residency. (visa & I-94 should satisfy this)
  3. Your social security card or social security number.*
  4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
  5. The $28 application fee.

*Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.

Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/forms/reg-d30.pdf

Edited by Hank_

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

we haven't filed for the ssn yet since we are waiting a couple more of days just to make sure he is in the SAVE system already.

ah. apologies - i have studied yer timeline since posting that question to you.

IMO, you should rethink your list of things to do and when to do them.

Timeline

Nothing in the requirements state the ID needs to show New Jersey residence, the requirements state a passport is adequate. Maybe you need to speak to a supervisor and bring a copy of the requirements along... looks like that office has one more graduate from the Forrest Gump school of - Stupid Is As Stupid Does

Requirements for entering into a Marriage:

For two persons to establish a Marriage in this State, it shall be necessary that they satisfy all of the following criteria:

1. Not be a party to another civil union, domestic partnership or marriage in this State or recognized by this State;
  2. Be of the opposite sex ; and
  3. Be at least 18 years of age, except that applicants under the age of 18 may enter into a Marriage with parental consent. Applicants under the age of 16 must obtain parental consent and have the consent approved in writing by any judge of the Superior Court, Chancery Division, Family part.

Where to apply:

1. The marriage license application is to be made in the New Jersey municipality in which either party resides and the license is valid throughout the State of New Jersey.
  2. If neither applicant is a New Jersey resident, submit the application in the municipality where the marriage ceremony will be performed, the license is only valid in the issuing municipality.

Please contact the Local Registrar to determine if license applications are handled during business hours or by appointment.

Required documents when applying for a marriage license:

1. Proof of identity by presenting your driver’s license, passport or state/federal I.D.
  2. Proof of your residency. (visa & I-94 should satisfy this)
  3. Your social security card or social security number.*
  4. A witness, 18 years of age or older.
  5. The $28 application fee.

*Social security number is required by law for US citizens and will be kept confidential.

Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation.

http://www.state.nj.us/health/forms/reg-d30.pdf

I told the person who was doing our marriage license that he just arrived on 9/23 and he doesnt have a proof of address yet luckily they accepted the things I provided (our NOA2 & his visa since it had my name as the petitioner but not the full address. I had assumed I was the one who needs a proof of address since it stated that one of us had to be a resident of NJ. As for the SSN we will file the next day after we get married since it will be 2 weeks next week :)

JAYANN & JAY

K1 VISA PROCESS

AOS PROCESS

ROC PROCESS

Today i filed a Change of address for my fiancee at the post office,,so now she has an official address,,

so they know where to send her SS card,,you need to go to the PO and do the same

I just put "no previous address" in the "old" address line

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Today i filed a Change of address for my fiancee at the post office,,so now she has an official address,,

so they know where to send her SS card,,you need to go to the PO and do the same

I just put "no previous address" in the "old" address line

Unnecessary, as a COA is only for a person in the USA having a previous mailing address. USPS cannot change address from a foreign country.

SSA will send her card to wherever you list on the SS-5.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Unnecessary, as a COA is only for a person in the USA having a previous mailing address. USPS cannot change address from a foreign country.

SSA will send her card to wherever you list on the SS-5.

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Agreed! Total waste of time, paper and energy...

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

good.gifgood.gif

Agreed! Total waste of time, paper and energy...

Thanks for the support Dave 'ole Buddy,, you just made Hanks day at least! LOL!!

it took all of abou 1 minute to fill it out,,so it doesn't matter none,,but she has an address na,,

Hank,,you should put that in your checklist,,,,

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Thanks for the support Dave 'ole Buddy,, you just made Hanks day at least! LOL!!

it took all of abou 1 minute to fill it out,,so it doesn't matter none,,but she has an address na,,

Hank,,you should put that in your checklist,,,,

Not saying you can't do that... but what document do you have showing her official address? Did you just print out your confirmation letter with her name on it? Did they accept it?

When we did ours, they wanted to see a mortgage statement, utility bill (with HER name on it as well as mine), or a bank statement (which wouldn't work cuz she didn't have SSN yet)... not sure how a USPS COA would help (having just done one 2 weeks ago for us). I ended up using DEERS enrollment cuz I had nothing else.

her passport w/a visa in it and maybe the affidavit of support,,,I dunno,,I will enjoy seeing the look on the persons face

when I ask them how I can provide proof of address

the PO will send a conf letter to the house with her address on it,,,

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.