5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Am I able to substitute banks statements for the bank letter? What should be stated in the bank letter?

Thanks for any clarifications...One more thing, it is kind of silly. I am a naturalized USC and I will be forwarding my naturalization certificate to my fiance for the interview but do they need to see my passport as well or only a copy of same? Thank you.

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline
Am I able to substitute banks statements for the bank letter? What should be stated in the bank letter?

Thanks for any clarifications...One more thing, it is kind of silly. I am a naturalized USC and I will be forwarding my naturalization certificate to my fiance for the interview but do they need to see my passport as well or only a copy of same? Thank you.

I had the bank write a letter. It stated the date my account was opened, how many deposits had been made, and what my current balance is. The directions on the I-134 stated those were the things to be in the letter, so that's what I did. If I were you, I would also send a copy of your passport along with the naturalization certificate. Not sure if you'll need it, but it wouldn't hurt to have it. Maybe someone who's experienced with that will pipe up soon. :) Good luck!

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I am not sure if you can substitute bank statments for the bank letter. But I just recieved a letter from my bank at my request and a fee of $10. My letter is on bank letterhead and it shows Type of account, account number (last 5 digits) current balance, average balance and date account was opened. Thats it.

Just contact your bank, there is really nothing to it. I can tell you that the bank statments are still a positive, so both would be even better. Maybe someone else at VJ can give better advise abour substitution.

K1____Timeline

California processing center

Consulate: HCMC

I-129F sent ----------------------------------09/20/2005

NOA 1 (receipt)------------------------------09/27/2005

NOA 2 (approved)----------- ---------------12/12/2005

Package received by NVC------------------12/23/2005

Package left NVC----------------------------12/30/2005

Received by consulate----------------------01/04/2006

Recieved instructions (pkt 3)---------------01/27/2006

Date completed instructions (pkt 3)-------02/28/2006

Date recieved appointment letter (pkt4)--03/23/2006

Interview Date-------------------------------04/24/2006

Recieved visa--------------------------------04/27/2006

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Thank you guys...I will see what can be done...appreciate your help

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Read the I-134 instructions, it tells you exactly what they want you to put in the bank letter (just so you know you have exactly what they want).

Naturalization

=======================================

02/02/2015 - Filed Dallas lockbox. Atlanta office.

02/13/2015 - NOA received

03/10/2015 - Biometrics

03/12/2015 - In-Line for Interview

04/09/2015 - E-notification for Interview Letter

05/18/2015 - Interview - passed!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.