casiperuano

Retrieving Vaccination Records

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Good Day to All, My wife came through originally on a fiance visa and when she originally came through Immigration, they took her sealed envelope for her I-693 medical exam and vaccination document. Now we don't have a copy of her vaccinations, and she needs the for a job, is there any way to get a copy of that document now after the fact? Anybody else have this issue?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

She did not get her own copy of the DS-3025 when she had her K-1 medical? There was no I-693 from a K-1 medical overseas. The medical forms are DS forms. Have her check her documents for the DS-3025. What did you send as proof of her vaccinations for her AOS? Did she not bring past vaccination records with her? You can try requesting a copy from wherever she had her vaccinations done. If that doesn't work, she could get titer tests to prove she had the vaccinations and has immunities in order to provide to her employer.

~Moved from K-1 Process to Working & Traveling During US Immigration- topic is not K-1 or AOS immigration process related and is about requirements for working ~

Edited by Jay-Kay

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

She did not get her own copy of the DS-3025 when she had her K-1 medical? There was no I-693 from a K-1 medical overseas. The medical forms are DS forms. Have her check her documents for the DS-3025. What did you send as proof of her vaccinations for her AOS? Did she not bring past vaccination records with her? You can try requesting a copy from wherever she had her vaccinations done. If that doesn't work, she could get titer tests to prove she had the vaccinations and has immunities in order to provide to her employer.

~Moved from K-1 Process to Working & Traveling During US Immigration- topic is not K-1 or AOS immigration process related and is about requirements for working ~

Thank you for your response. From what paperwork we have either she never received a copy or she didn't keep the copy of the DS-3025. As far as the AOS we did not need to provide these because we filed within 1 year of her medical exam.

I suppose that we can check with the Civil Surgeon where this was completed.

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Thank you for your response. From what paperwork we have either she never received a copy or she didn't keep the copy of the DS-3025. As far as the AOS we did not need to provide these because we filed within 1 year of her medical exam.

I suppose that we can check with the Civil Surgeon where this was completed.

11. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status.I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. If you are a K-1, K-2, K-3 or K-4 visa holder the I-693 instructions state that you are not required to have another medical examination as long as your Form I-485 is filed within one year of your overseas medical examination. If you are missing any shots from your overseas medical a I-693 vaccination transcription is required to be completed by seeing a Civil Surgeon to have certain portions of the I-693 completed and have the Civil Surgeon certify the form (sealing the original in an envelope and giving you a copy).

Ok, so she never saw a civil surgeon and received an I-693. This means all her immunizations were good to go and they had all the forms they needed from the packet she turned in at her POE.

It is a panel physician overseas. They do the K-1 medicals. I really doubt they will be able to provide it for you now, but it will not hurt to ask.

The only way I can think of to get proof without having any vaccination records is to get the titer tests done to prove immunity. See if her employer would accept this if she cannot get her records.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.