Yagisama

I-751 October 2013 Filers

524 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline

Biometrics at Chula Vista Office today was very smooth and fast:)

It was not crowded at all, and I ended up finishing even 30 minutes before my appointment time...

Everyone there was so friendly~*

My left thumb was a little bit scraped and rough, from grabbing Bass by the mouth last weekend, but it wasn't a problem. Haha :D

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Filed: Timeline

Hello I am new here, I will join October filers and if somebody can update info for me would be appreciated. We were trying to do everything ourselves before, we filled for I -751 on start of October with CA. They received it on October 7th(receipt date), got my I-797 on 15th or so. After that I got my biometrics appointment for Nov.1. It was easy walk in and out in 5 minutes no waiting at all. Today I received weird form which I don't know what to think of , the form is G-56 States that I have an appointment on Dec.10 at the local office where my biometrics appointment was held.

Reason: Complete I-751(Application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

Bring: This letter , you gov. issued ID, your passport, and other travel documents. If FAMILY BASED adjustment of status: your spouse or other relative who has petitioned for you . ( which is my case and I will have my spouse with me )

If any of you know what this G-56 is? can it be an interview ? or what is that status adjustment ? should not it be removing conditions? they are not asking any bona fida marriage documents just my IDs as I mentioned before. (Online case update states:Initial review)

Thank you for your help.

Edited by Just_two

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Hello I am new here, I will join October filers and if somebody can update info for me would be appreciated. We were trying to do everything ourselves before, we filled for I -751 on start of October with CA. They received it on October 7th(receipt date), got my I-797 on 15th or so. After that I got my biometrics appointment for Nov.1. It was easy walk in and out in 5 minutes no waiting at all. Today I received weird form which I don't know what to think of , the form is G-56 States that I have an appointment on Dec.10 at the local office where my biometrics appointment was held.

Reason: Complete I-751(Application to register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status)

Bring: This letter , you gov. issued ID, your passport, and other travel documents. If FAMILY BASED adjustment of status: your spouse or other relative who has petitioned for you . ( which is my case and I will have my spouse with me )

If any of you know what this G-56 is? can it be an interview ? or what is that status adjustment ? should not it be removing conditions? they are not asking any bona fida marriage documents just my IDs as I mentioned before. (Online case update states:Initial review)

Thank you for your help.

Probably they messed up your finger prints and need to redo again. Don't worry, just go and complete the process - take your GC and NOA1 and this letter along with a Picture ID like a Driver License.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

Probably they messed up your finger prints and need to redo again. Don't worry, just go and complete the process - take your GC and NOA1 and this letter along with a Picture ID like a Driver License.

One thing happened on my biometrics appointment , when she took my finger prints and took picture somehow computer stuck and she restarted it. I was worried asked her if everything went through and she assured me that it did. So can it be that they messed up it and are asking to come just for that? and if it was interview, the letter must say so ? and would not be then different letter not G-56 ? I am just worried heard so many horrible stories about interviews ...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

One thing happened on my biometrics appointment , when she took my finger prints and took picture somehow computer stuck and she restarted it. I was worried asked her if everything went through and she assured me that it did. So can it be that they messed up it and are asking to come just for that? and if it was interview, the letter must say so ? and would not be then different letter not G-56 ? I am just worried heard so many horrible stories about interviews ...

I checked for some potential G-56 related old threads and all relate to an interview either due to a divorce or lack of sufficient evidence. But if you case doesn't fall into a divorce case, then it would probably be some issue with your application or the fingerprints.

USA

01/08/13 - Approved and GC is order for production on 1/8/14

09/12/13 - Case transferred to CSC. NOA2 received on 09/18/13

08/30/13 - Biometrics Done - No walk ins allowed at this LSC (received on 8/16/13).

08/05/13 - NOA1 (received on 08/10/13)

08/01/13 - Mailed I-751 (received on 8/2/13 - check cashed on 8/5/13)

12/28/11 - Received SSN (applied on 12/20/11, as we didn't get based on DS-230 options)
11/28/11 - Received Green Card (Expires on 10/30/13) - Welcome Letter on 11/17/11
10/30/11 - POE - Houston, TX

Chennai Consulate (40 days)
10/28/11 - Received Visa papers and Passport at VFS
10/25/11 - Interview Cleared Successfully (Spouse was not allowed in)

NVC: (90 days from NOA2 to Consulate)
08/31/11 - Case Completed (Interview 10/25/11) - Received at Chennai on 09/19/11
07/22/11 - NVC Case Number

USCIS: (92 days)

6/21/11 - NOA2 (NOA1 on 3/25/11) - took a month to get to NVC
3/21/11 - I-130 sent to USCIS Lockbox, Chicago.

I checked for some potential G-56 related old threads and all relate to an interview either due to a divorce or lack of sufficient evidence. But if you case doesn't fall into a divorce case, then it would probably be some issue with your application or the fingerprints.

I thought they have to send you an RFE before they ask you for an interview....??

I am an october FILER, pls i need a candid evaluation of the evidence i submitted for my case if its sufficient and the chances of getting an RFE :

Joint Bank Account [2011-2013] : transaction page for end of month for 2011, mid month 2012 and current month 2013 at time of submission]

Joint Tax returns [2011 only, i didn't file 2012 due to financial reasons and plan on doing it this year :(]

Lease Agreement with both our names [2011-present]

Medical Insurance card with spouse as dependent

Statement of 401(K) stock options with a LETTER from company stating spouse as beneficiary for my Life Insurance, stock options , and AD&D insurance

2 Letter of Affidavits [ I know this carries minimum priority]

To be honest, if this is not sufficient enough then i don't know what is. And can i mention i was on H1-B before adjusting my status after marriage.

Edited by LANCE_ORACLE

From what I am reading and seeing it is normal due to backlog!

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

pls can anyone kindly address my previous post? I'm a bit worried my evidence might not be sufficient!

Do you both have any utility bills on both of your names? What about cell phone bills, mutual credit cards, copy of ID's where mutual address is showing things like that.

11/03/2011 ~ We got married heart.gif in Toender, Denmarkheart.gif

02/09/2012 ~ Arrived in the US ~ Port of entry Dallas Forth Worth, TX

03/02/2012 ~ Received Welcome Letter

03/14/2012 ~ Received Green Card in the Mail

11/18/2013 ~ Mailed I-751 Removal of conditions

11/22/2013 ~ Check cashed

11/25/2013 ~ NOA 1 receipt date 11/20/2013

12/02/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment 12/26/2013

12/26/2013 ~ Biometrics appointment done

09/12/2014~ Approved - Card in Productioin

09/15/2014~ Letter of approval received

09/20/2014~ Card received....yipiiiiieeeee

qap2exyw.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

pls can anyone kindly address my previous post? I'm a bit worried my evidence might not be sufficient!

I think the things you submitted are way better than ours.

We only included our tax returns, and some pictures.

We might get a RFE, but we will go from there, if we did get one.

I personally think that when you get a RFE, that's what they have to do, because that's their job... Haha :)

Anyways...

Good luck to you LANCE_ORACLE! :D

neko

as1cJQvwEa20810MDAwMHw1ODRsanxXZSBoYXZlIGJlZW4gbWFycmllZCBmb3I.gif

Do you both have any utility bills on both of your names? What about cell phone bills, mutual credit cards, copy of ID's where mutual address is showing things like that.

Utility bills is lumped with our lease agreement and paid to the landlord directly.....basically its in the Landlords name.

We are credit card free [hard to believe i know :)] ...The only bill i have addressed to both of us and shows mutual address is a medical bill for my wife...I guess i can add copies of our ID's also. [if we do get an RFE...oh well]

Timeline

Utility bills are some of the weakest forms of evidence and I wouldn't worry about them. In fact, we didn't send any kind of utility bills. We have two residence in two states and all the utilities are under my name. We just sent copies of both leases which are under both our names.

I kind of overdid the evidence, and I'm pretty sure most of it was not needed, but I always like to go ALL THE WAY. Except for utility bills, that's where I draw the line. laughing.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.