kayG

filing i-129f

3 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hey everyone,am Isaac from Ghana and my fiancee and i planning on filing for k1 visa so i could go to u.s and be with her.

have the forms alright but wana know what supporting documents are good to go please? we met in person in Ghana 2011 and she came back in december 2012 to visit and stayed with me for 6 months she is a student and 21 yrs and her parents have agreed to co-sponsor us since she isnt working to sponsor me.

Also i have been refused an F1 visa on 3 occassion all with no conceret reason and a B 2 visa too , is that a red flag for us?

ThanksClockWatch2.gif

Edited by kayG

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Did you already file the I-129F with USCIS here in the states? THAT is your first step in obtaining the K-1 fiance visa to enter the US.

If I have misunderstood, and you have already been through USCIS, DOS/NVC, and your file is at the embassy in Accra and you are just waiting on the interview- some of your supporting evidence would be all of your contact with each other since you have met (phone logs, chats, skype history, text messages, emails, letters, evidence that she has actually been in Ghana with you-photos, passport stamps/visa, boarding passes for flights). As for the co-sponsor TAX TRANSCRIPTS FROM THE IRS ARE A MUST FOR ACCRA. This has been stressed to me from my fellow Accra VJers numerous times and posted in some of the embassy reviews. It also helps to have most recent pay stubs and letter from employer in US stating the co-sponsor is still employed/stable.

Not sure about the F-1 situation but from browsing the forums it doesn't seem to be a big deal AS LONG as you did not lie on any application materials or make any fraudulent attempts at obtaining a visa. Same for the B-2, as long as you haven't lied on any State Dept. documents or applications you should be fine. Keep browsing the forums or enter in search terms and lots of things will come up, this website is a gold mine and you will likely find answers/reassurances from many of the wonderful people on here, I know I have. Good Luck!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

The guide here on VJ lets you know what is required and what supporting documents to send > http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.