you&meforever

flight plans

39 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my sputum result last Sept. 12 (negative results hurraayyyy!) and i came back to SLEC Sept. 13, had a shot of vaccine and went home with my CD. my interview date is Oct. 16.dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

my fiance works with an airline company so he enrolled me under his flying benefits, thus we don't need to purchase a plane ticket going to the US, hopefully at the end of Oct when he's back to get me. however, we are planning to fly from DMIA Clark, Angeles going to Hong Kong for the main reasons that it will be hard for us to get a seat if we are flying from NAIA since we are chance passengers and Clark is just 30mins away from my place. we just have to purchase Air Asia tickets for that trip. and from Hong Kong, we will board a trip of United Airlines going to SFO as my POE. my question is, won't there be any problem if i won't be flying from NAIA? do you think the flight plan will be fine as long as i have all my docs, CFO stickers and paid any necessary tax/ fee at DMIA airport? i know we need to pay a tax fee at the airport before the departure. i just want to make sure i won't have any hassles at the airport in going out of the country. TIA

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Philippines regional subforum -- not a K-1 process issue. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I don't think you will have a problem since you all have the proper documents to bring and show them! You are good to go girl! Bon voyage!

"God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect."

- Hebrew 11:40

I've only flown in/out of Clark once, but I imagine the requirements would be the same. I would call ahead and make sure you can pay the exit fee & airport tax there.

Timeline

my fiance flies in/out of Clark too every time he comes to visit me. he flies from SFO to Korea or HK (united airlines) then to Clark (Asiana/Air Asia). he finds it more convenient since the airport is not too busy not unlike Manila and it's near my place. i'd rather fly from there too but i'm just wondering it i can exit from there having my K1 visa. i know flying to HK doesn't need a visa though but i don't really have any idea what can be the scenario at the Clark's immigration since i am not flying from NAIA as my exiting airport. perhaps i should call the airport ahead so as to know if i can exit from there. tahnks to all your reply.

I have been going to Clark for 25 yrs,,I would not recommend going from there,,as the immigration there

assumes every Pinay w/foreigner is a bar girl,,,and they will do anything to block your exit if possible,,just my 2 cents

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

i got my sputum result last Sept. 12 (negative results hurraayyyy!) and i came back to SLEC Sept. 13, had a shot of vaccine and went home with my CD. my interview date is Oct. 16.dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

my fiance works with an airline company so he enrolled me under his flying benefits, thus we don't need to purchase a plane ticket going to the US, hopefully at the end of Oct when he's back to get me. however, we are planning to fly from DMIA Clark, Angeles going to Hong Kong for the main reasons that it will be hard for us to get a seat if we are flying from NAIA since we are chance passengers and Clark is just 30mins away from my place. we just have to purchase Air Asia tickets for that trip. and from Hong Kong, we will board a trip of United Airlines going to SFO as my POE. my question is, won't there be any problem if i won't be flying from NAIA? do you think the flight plan will be fine as long as i have all my docs, CFO stickers and paid any necessary tax/ fee at DMIA airport? i know we need to pay a tax fee at the airport before the departure. i just want to make sure i won't have any hassles at the airport in going out of the country. TIA

Edited by OfficerD

Timeline

I'm assuming your spouse work for UA, I believed UA has agreement with CX, you can fly out from NAIA via CX to HKG

I believe UA leaves 11am so you need the first fly out from NAIA, you can also try MNL-GUM-HNL- SFO or IAH via UA

This is low peak season, you and your spouse should be able to get out there easily, flight are good until last week of October for non-rev

Another thing when I pick-up my wife and since we are holding U.S. issue ticket I didn't have to pay travel tax, but I did paid for terminal fee

I may be wrong on travel tax to play safe bring 1700pesos

I have been going to Clark for 25 yrs,,I would not recommend going from there,,as the immigration there

assumes every Pinay w/foreigner is a bar girl,,,and they will do anything to block your exit if possible,,just my 2 cents

If she has her visa, DNO packet, and CFO stamp in the passport, she should have no issues.

CX may have an agreement,,but the UA employee is not married to her, thus he will be using a companion pass, which I doubt CX will honor,,

BUT I could be wrong,,CX doesnt even like letting its own employees on their planes,,nust less employees of other Airlines.

I cant believe the guy is not going to just buy a ticket,,sure is a lot of hassle,,I know,,I worked for a major airline for 8 yrs!! and hab non-reved into MNL more times than I rememberdancin5hr.gif

If she has her visa, DNO packet, and CFO stamp in the passport, she should have no issues.

And you know this for a fact??? have you traveled out of Clark w/your fiancee??

if she has all her documents she SHOULD pass yes,,but this is the Philippines here Dave,,, If the immigration officer

doesnt feel like letting her through,,she's not going. period

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

No, I don't know for a fact, that's why I said it shouldn't be an issue. I also recommended calling ahead. It's not like they are trying to do anything illegal, just want to depart from a local airport.

Timeline

yes, my fiance works for UA for 24 yrs so his seniority level is good. he already enrolled me under his flying benefit as enrolled friend since we aren't married yet. he can buy us tickets if we want to but why do you have to spend if you can have it for free or even paying a lesser price for my fare with just a few hassle. that's is why we want to board UA from HK since there will be a greater chance to have a seat from there than boarding from Manila because the flights from there are usually full. we can also buy tickets from other airlines going to HK from NAIA if exiting from Clark won't work. i was just hoping that Clark is possible since i have all my docs with me anyway. the only difference is im getting out of the country from another airport besides NAIA. i don't know for sure if somebody with a K1 visa have ever tried it that's why i was asking.

Timeline

I don't think she's coming as a companion pass, I believed she is a register guest

I was able to take my wife with me via CX to KHG almost every 2months without issue (before we got married she's under my register guest), I'm not sure about UA agreement with CX since UA is under Star Aliance, I work for AA and CX is under One World

To play safe get a confirm flight from MNL-HKG, I'm 100% sure your fiance can get you on UA easily,

MNL-HKG to US mainland is my regular route via CX I hardly take UA since they still use the old 747-400 and they won't allow me to JS

P.S. if HKG route doesn't work, try MNL to GUM to HNL to either SFO or IAH via UA, this is 100% free with possible upgrade to first class

Edited by OfficerD

Timeline

I don't think she's coming as a companion pass, I believed she is a register guest

I was able to take my wife with me via CX to KHG almost every 2months without issue (before we got married she's under my register guest), I'm not sure about UA agreement with CX since UA is under Star Aliance, I work for AA and CX is under One World

To play safe get a confirm flight from MNL-HKG, I'm 100% sure your fiance can get you on UA easily,

MNL-HKG to US mainland is my regular route via CX I hardly take UA since they still use the old 747-400 and they won't allow me to JS

P.S. if HKG route doesn't work, try MNL to GUM to HNL to either SFO or IAH via UA, this is 100% free with possible upgrade to first class

thank you so much for those infos. we will definitely look for better flying options like the ones you mentioned.smile.png

Timeline

just thinking, maybe i will be allowed to exit from Clark since i have a US visa (K1) on my passport by then and we can also show a copy of our connecting flights from HK-SFOdancin5hr.gif. im sure those facts will make a difference from those that doesn't have a US visa on hand.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.