B&L

Administrative Processing...

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

So I had my interview in London on the 5th September, got approved. I just checked my CEAC status and it says AP. Now, I've done a search on the forums and read about what generally leads to this, but I was wondering if this is now common with the recent changes at the embassy? I've got absolutely no ties to any MENA countries, never visited, no parents from there, name sounds very British.

My interview went fine, I had all of the documents required + more that I didn't even need. Anyone have any ideas? Kinda worrying me now.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Apparently, it's very normal to get AP at this point. You should have that for a couple days before it goes to Issued.

Congrats on getting approved!

Spoiler

CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London:

July 01, 2013 Married in Wolfeboro, NH (before returning to U.K.)

July 10, 2013 I-130 sent

July 12, 2013 Notice of Receipt (NOA1)

July 22, 2013 NOA2 approved (10 days)

August 8, 2013 Packet 3 sent but never received.

August 15, 2013 Received case number after enquiry. Booked medical and sent packet 3 forms.

August 31, 2013 Medical

Sept 18, 2013 Packet 3 forms logged into the system

Sept 24, 2013 Packet 4 received (dated September 19)

October 4, 2013 Interview *approved*

October 9, 2013 Passport received

November 12, 2013 POE Los Angeles

November 22, 2013 Social Security Number received

December 20, 2013 Green Card received.

Removal of Conditions:

September 4, 2015 I-751 sent

September 8, 2015 NOA

October 8, 2015 Biometrics

April 22, 2016 Approved

N-400 Naturalization Application:

July 5, 2018 N-400 filed (online)

July 7, 2018 Biometrics appointment letter mailed

July 23, 2018 Biometrics Appointment

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Everybody goes through AP, most people do not notice it, sometimes it takes a little longer.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Ah, alright, Thanks for easing my mind. I did try to do some searching before making a topic, but couldn't find much that said it's common for everyone. I guess I just saw it and panicked after going through this entire process and then seeing something I didn't recognise. But thank you.

K1 Timeline:

15th Feb 2013 - Mailed I-129F to CSC
21st Feb 2013 - NOA1

4th Jun 2013 - NOA2

7th Aug 2013 - Medical

5th Sep 2013 - Interview

4th Dec 2013 - POE SFO

Ah, alright, Thanks for easing my mind. I did try to do some searching before making a topic, but couldn't find much that said it's common for everyone. I guess I just saw it and panicked after going through this entire process and then seeing something I didn't recognise. But thank you.

It stands for Administrative Processing and means it's in a paperwork stage following interview, most often sending the file to the visa printing queue and waiting. If it says AP for several weeks, then it's not a normal case and something else could be holding it up like security issues.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

So I had my interview in London on the 5th September, got approved. I just checked my CEAC status and it says AP. Now, I've done a search on the forums and read about what generally leads to this, but I was wondering if this is now common with the recent changes at the embassy? I've got absolutely no ties to any MENA countries, never visited, no parents from there, name sounds very British.

My interview went fine, I had all of the documents required + more that I didn't even need. Anyone have any ideas? Kinda worrying me now.

Hi There,

Congratulations on your approval!!

As a few people have said, AP is quite normal right after the interview. It usually sits that way for a few days.

My interview was on Friday August 30th. Monday 2nd September was a public holiday. My CEAC status went to AP on September 4th and changed to "Issued" on September 9th!

You will be fine!

Good Luck!

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Hi my case has been in ap since aug 16th I've applied for a b2 visa but got email last Wednesday saying to send passport in, I got approved on the day, but had to have a medical which was ok, phoned embassy this morning and they said it should be back either Friday this week or by Tuesday next week

Nothing to worry about. I was approved September 3rd, Case Creation date changed on September 4th, AP on September 5th, then "Issued" September 9th.

AOS posted - 02/18/2014

NOA1 - 03/04/2014
Biometrics - 03/28/2014
EAD in post - 5/5/2014

EAD in hand - 5/10/2014
Interview waiver letter received - 6/9/2014

Card production notice - 1/10/2015

ROC mailed - 10/11/2016

ROC received at CSC - 10/18/2016

Interview Notice Received - 3/30/2017

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.