isadoramd

Pending completion of background check - then RFE

4 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi,

I had my N-400 interview on Wed (4th Sept) all went smoothly but she gave me an WR 821 saying I needed to take no further action but a decision was pending a background check... is this normal? I thought that was completed before the interview. Between filing and the interview I had been given a speeding ticket - I declared it at the interview she looked at my payment receipt and that was that... could this be the cause of the pending approval?

Lastly before I had even got home my case updated online and moved me back two spots saying they issued a RFE. I have geared that this sometime indicates the application is in a holding pattern and the rarely ask for RFE after an interview especially if they didn't have any missing documents in the room.

I would love to hear people thoughts... I was so excited when she had said I had passed....

Isadora

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

If your interview is way before the anniversary then they will say they sent you an RFE but actually they are holding your file until after the anniversary.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

That's weired. I want to know what's going on with yours so please when you hear something let me know. Did your fingerprints go normal on AOS ,and ROC? It could be that they having a problem running your fingerprints.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.