Buxton babe

Ongoing relationship

20 posts in this topic

I plan on flying to the UK over the holidays to see my Buxton Babe. Three days after I get back she will arrive for a visit with her daughter. She has been given a letter from her boss and will be carrying certain goverment ID that should help in case she is questioned.

Her trip ws booked and paid for before we read the warnings, hence the letter.

My Fiancee landed in florida this afternoon and went through immigration with only a minor hitch. All those who listed hotels as place of lodging went through without further questioning, those with private addresses were asked a couple of questions. In her case "Who are you staying with? Ans; A friend" (Engagement ring on finger) What is your occupation?, Ans; A nurse. Welcome to Florida.

I was in England over the Christmas period. We have plenty of Airline tickets, but will have to start taking more photos.

Thanks for the re-assurances.

04-17-2007 Married using K1 Vusa
04-27-07 Filed for AOS, EAD, AP.
06-28-07 Green card arrived in mail

April 2009 Filed for removal of conditions.
May 09 2007 Biometrics
Aug 31st Congratulations letter, no interview needed
Sept 21st 2009. New green card with conditions removed arrived.

N400 Status
07/26/10 N400 mailed via UPS. Three year rule
08/03/10. Check cashed.
08/06/10 NOA letter received, but "Request for evidence" showing on the status website.
08/08/10 NOA #2. Biometrics appointment letter. Scheduled for 08/31/10
08/09/10 Biometrics completed. Walk in.
11/01/10 Touched. Transferred to local (Tampa) office
12/06/10 Interview . Passed
01/11/11 Oath ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My fiance is visiting right now with me in the USA and he's from the UK. He had no problems whatsoever at the POE in Dallas, TX. He had brought a letter from his employer and heaps of other evidence of ties to the UK but was not asked for any of it. He even said the guy was so nice to him and grinned from ear to ear and was only interested in how we met (he'd asked purpose of visit and Peter said to see his fiancee, so the guy thought that was so cute) and was very jolly about us seeing each other again. And my fiance also pointed out how he loved the guy's Texas accent. We're having a lovely time together:)

Edited by MairzyDoats

Hi...well cannot guarnatee anything but....i went to USA to visit my fiance during Nov - i was going to Seattle - I also was aware of the potential problems but i got a letter from my employer - also return tickets - return train tickets with itenery - and a very very minimal amount of baggage ( 1 small case - it was for 9 days only). I was asked a few questions..who was i visiting - how long had we known each other - what does he do .. I was honest and told him i was visiting my fiance. Good Luck - you seems to have as much as you can have as proof but hey who knows - but i hope you can take comfort in knowing quite a lot of people enter sucessfully for a visit -

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
Thanks for all the positive feedback. If it was against the law to travel, I would really be worried. But the need for my fiancee to make an informed choice overides any fear of a POE officer having a bad day.

From what I have read over the months, just make sure she has plenty of proof that she is returning (lease copy, bank statements, the letter you already have, anything you can think of that proves ties to her country and that she will return). Then you have done all you can and it's up to the CBP. Some people are let in and others aren't. It's just a chance you take. Good luck.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Before our K-1 was approved I also visited my now husband a number of times in Georgia (we alternated - I flew down there, then he flew up to to see me in Canada). We crossed at the land border in Detroit. I always carried a packet of proof of my ties to Canada each time I crossed and usually had no problem. I always said I was flying to see my fiancee for (insert the number of days) or to pick him up at the airport. I was sent to secondary inspection twice - including once early on when I was crossing the border to go to the Detroit airport to pick him up. I didn't have my file of information with me that time, but fortunately I did have a copy of his printed out flight itinerary so they allowed me to go, reminding me that I should carry the proof of my ties to Canada with me even if I was just picking him up at the airport. When I was flying down and was pulled into secondary they went through the package of information. Among the documents I included a complete photocopy of our I-129/K-1 submission with the NOAs. It was after he saw that copy and leafed through it that he closed my file and handed it back to me, telling me I could proceed. You may wish to include a copy of your file with you as proof that your intent is to observe the proper immigration process. Good luck:-).

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.