LoveLife2

Can the Petitioner pay Visa fee's, set Med and Embassy appointments?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

You don't need to send the I-129f package to your fiancée but if you the USC is a divorcee I would strongly suggest to scan your divorce papers to you fiancée, she can print it out so she can read the papers and have a copy when she will attend the CFO seminar. Tell her to bring photos of you together, with her family especially with her children and you during the USEM interview.

Yup, I do agree with that, CFO will ask to see a copy of the divorce decree if there is one.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

you may also contact CFO and see if u can make an arrangement with them re. ur plan.

email

directory

the option u have is to register in CFO NAIA1 desk if ur fiancee can't really get back to CFO office before her flight.. as long as the flight is within CFO NAIA's operating hours then she can register there.. she has to be at the airport atleast 3 hrs before her flight. and call CFO NAIA1 desk 1-3 days before her flight to inform them about her plan of registering there. the CFO officer at NAIA will be asking some of her flight details too as well as her and the kids's info..

Timeline

Thanks again for everyone's help on trying to figure out the best way to plan the stay in Manila. I'm most troubled by Hanks real life response that it may take up to 2 weeks before we can get Visa and go to get CFO sticker. Sorry but a Girl and two young kids just can't fly back to Manila or Cebu before departure to USA for the sticker so we may have to arrange a CFO sticker on visa at departure. ARGG...Not all of our loved ones live in close by to Manila.

Question to Hank and all, If after Visa approval from Embassy, Can the Passports of the Fiance and children be securely sent to CFO office for sticker and pay for the return of the visa's to the Fiance? Much cheaper than plane tickets and hotel stay.

Any advice?

No one can predict visa delivery, everyone has a different experience, for some its very quick for others not so.

As for sending the passports to CFO to get the stickers, I have never heard of anyone doing that.

In your situation I can understand getting the CFO sticker at the airport. Just make sure to call a couple days ahead of time.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Yes, the petitioner can pay the visa fee. Transfer the money to her bank account or a cash pickup, and then she can withdrawal it, pay BPI, and get a receipt number.

'Tis what I did.

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

If it only were that easy, but it has to be paid in pesos so without having a Philippine based account at BPI it will be difficult.

Like you I wired the money to my fiancée.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

If it only were that easy, but it has to be paid in pesos so without having a Philippine based account at BPI it will be difficult.

Like you I wired the money to my fiancée.

My fiance has an account with another bank which I sent the money to. She just withdrew the cash from there in pesos, then went to BPI with it and the receipt. Edited by Leon & Mylen

barata-gif-3.gif

Timeline

Yes! Very good advice and I planned on sending all of the items and them some. Of course my I-134 will be Fed ex too with lots of supporting docs and probably way more than needed.

Thanks again.

A suggestion: Review the instructions for the I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

At some places they talk about "bank statements," but the instructions are specific for accounts:

See where it says that for each account:

A statement by a bank officer....

....date account opened

....deposits over past year

....current balance

Such a letter/statement can be hard to get on short notice.

Also I've heard over and over BEWARE of USPS and FedEx if you're on a tight schedule. Though DHL is far, far more expensive, from what I have heard is that they are the only shipper who can get things there reliably in three working days. Better to pay $100 (2lbs) or $85 (1lb) and have it arrive, then pay much less....and have it arrive a week to late. From my experience USPS simply...in a word---sucks at reliability. Of course if you have a few weeks the less expensive USPS or FedEx makes sense.

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

A suggestion: Review the instructions for the I-134 at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-134instr.pdf

At some places they talk about "bank statements," but the instructions are specific for accounts:

....date account opened

....current balance

Also I've heard over and over BEWARE of USPS and FedEx if you're on a tight schedule. Though DHL is far, far more expensive, from what I have heard is that they are the only shipper who can get things there reliably in three working days. Better to pay $100 (2lbs) or $85 (1lb) and have it arrive, then pay much less....and have it arrive a week to late. From my experience USPS simply...in a word---sucks at reliability. Of course if you have a few weeks the less expensive USPS or FedEx makes sense.

All of that supporting info is only needed if you don't meet 100% of the current poverty level for household size. (Note: Some will say you need 125%, but USEM said only 100% in a recent email answer to me. Feel free to prove 125% if you are able.)

If you don't meet the minimum income as verified by last years' ITR, then and only then would you need to provide all the account info. And, said info can just be scanned and emailed, no need to waste $$$$ sending via DHL or UPS. (I read that FedEx no longer delivers to PI)

Realize: The ONLY original document that needs to be shipped over is the signed I-134. ALL OTHER docs can be emailed.

Edited by DavenRoxy

Timeline

....date account opened

....current balance

Don't need bank statements if the income meets or exceeds the poverty guidelines of the I-864P.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Good point.

I'm unemployed so things are not so cut and dry and I'm covering all bases.

09/29/2012 - Met Online

11/22/2012 - 11/28/2012 - Steve's 1st Visit

02/08/2013 - I129F Submitted

02/12/2013 - NOA1

02/13/2013 - 03/07/2013 - Steve's 2nd Visit

02/14/2013 - Officially Engaged

06/21/2013 - Case transferred from VSC to TSC

07/24/2013 - NOA2

08/21/2013 - File sent to NVC

08/28/2013 - MNL Case Number received through phone

08/30/2013 - Visa Fee Paid

09/04/2013 - Medical Exam at SLEC (Done in 1 day)

09/25/2013 - Interview Appointment (Under AP with 221G)

10/01/2013 - Additional Document dropped at 2GO SM Cebu

10/08/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to READY

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status Updated to AP

10/30/2013 - CEAC Status ISSUED

11/06/2013 - VISA Received

11/11/2013 - CFO Done

11/15/2013 - POE Detroit

Timeline

Thanks for all the advise,

Fed-ex or DHL I will choose one that can deliver my financial paper safe. Thanks for the advise of what may be needed but I'm going to play on caution side and send Fed Tax-W2 with my Pension and stock market value along with other savings as I'm applying for my Fiance and her two young kids. I want no question that I can provide.

Thanks again.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

Timeline

Thanks for all the advise,

Fed-ex or DHL I will choose one that can deliver my financial paper safe. Thanks for the advise of what may be needed but I'm going to play on caution side and send Fed Tax-W2 with my Pension and stock market value along with other savings as I'm applying for my Fiance and her two young kids. I want no question that I can provide.

Thanks again.

OOps! I see I responded to another VJ post. Sorry but I feel good about my action to respond.

Good luck to you too.

event.png

11/01/2012 - Met online
04/01/2012 - Met in person
04/02/2012 - Became engaged
04/19/2013 - I-129F sent
04/24/2013 - NOA 1
08/14/2013 - NOA 2
00/00/2013 - Packet 3
00/00/2013 - Packet 4
00/00/2013 - Medical
00/00/2013 - Interview
00/00/2013 - Visa in hand
00/00/2013 - CFO Completed
00/00/2013 - Arrived in Minnesota
00/00/2013 - Married in Minnesota

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.