NickD

What gives us the right to invade Syria?

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

And why Syria when the supporters of that regime are Russia, Iran, North Korea, China, and Venezuela. These are the countries we should be going after!

And no information about the number of people in Syria that are supporting the regime. Population of Syria is approximately 27 million and from all indications the number of rebels is just a small percentage. So if we do take out their regime, we will be making a lot more enemies and can add to these numbers, the countries that are supporting this regime.

All of this BS started at the end of WW II when our key allies, the Soviets and China turned against us. We were never fighting the North Koreans, but the Soviets and China instead. Same BS with Viet Nam, and Iraq, only God knows about Afghanistan, really no regime whatsoever, just thousands of war lords to deal with, not just one small group of people.

And if we do take out the regime in Syria, who would take over? Another equally corrupt regime? This won't solve anything, they will still be supported by these other countries!

And what difference does using chemical weapons make, they all kill and wound. My God, my family was attacked in this country by Land O' Lakes mixing sodium hyper chloride with ammonia forming chlorine gas, couldn't do a damn thing about that except take huge losses and move, by DNR approved dumping.

Can only view this action as making even more enemies, more terrorists groups wanting revenge, and more danger to us. And just can't believe MY country is going to start, yet another war. From every poll I have read so far, the vast majority of Americans are against this action, so why isn't our president listening? If Syria attacks us, this would be an entirely different story. This action would not only cost us millions of dollars, but will be creating more enemies as well. And nothing will change afterwards.

Another thing that bothers me, not fighting an enemy in uniform anymore, really putting our troupes in an awkward position. And with any war, air power never worked, need ground troupes. Can only wonder what Obama learned in college, but really only have to open your eyes and see for yourself exactly what all these wars gained us. Nothing, except a VA hospital loaded with troupes.

Putin states any attack will be a violation of international law.

U.S. argues Syria's use of Chemical Weapons permits attack.

I can't see any benefit (coming from a surgical strike) other than - prevent & contain future chem use. & Imo - This should be Russia's responsibility.

If O needs to save face = make a lot of noise at UN & pull a Pontius Pilot. Let the Arab world & the countries they have treaties (with) police themselves.

Oh but...who will sell the weapons.....never mind. The God of War has a voracious appetite.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Obama is under pressure from the very powerful Zionist lobbyists in Washington. They represent a very powerful, rich group of people and are difficult to ignore, coz as we know elections cost money

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

All I could do on this issue is to send letters to both my senators and congressman. Not for my, but for my grandkids. Hope you all will do the same.