CalgarySteve

DV Lottery Winners in Canada

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline

Thanks,

Do you think its enough to have printed one page from my bank that shows just account balance of 10000$? not to show all bank statements from month to month, because i did temporary jobs, nothing on contract, but i still managed to save some money...

I 134 is on Montreal Consulate interview checklist:

http://montreal.usconsulate.gov/visas/visas/diversity-visa-lottery/appointment-checklist---diversity-visas.html

• Evidence of Support (form I-134, bank statements, etc.).

So im not sure about that, do you think account balance and job offer from some company in USA is enough?

Or it would be good if my friend from USA send me just some letter saying that im staying with him first 2-3months just to help me, or something like that...

• 2 months later...
Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I got selected for DV2015 (born in SA region, but live in Canada) and have a pretty low case number 03xx so I'm assuming I should get an interview in October or November. Just wondering if anyone can share their interview experiences in Montreal. Thanks!

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys,

Need some understanding as I don't know much about the US DV Lottery, I'm Canadian my wife just won DV2015 CN is AF92xx I have couple questions about the DV process:

1- sending the application ds260 sooner make any difference in the process timeline?

2- with that number when do you think we should expect an interview?

3- just wondering if the supporting documents can be in French since the interview will take place in Montreal according the the section below from the US DV website:

Translation Requirements

All documents not in English, "or in the official language of the country in which application for a visa is being made", must be accompanied by certified translations. The translation must include a statement signed by the translator that

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I have a question!

When I filled out the DV 260 for the DV2015, Vancouver and Montreal was the 2 options for the interview. Now reading your comments... it looks like there is only Montreal which is available for an interview... I don`t understand why the online form 260 would give vancouver as an option to pass the interview... if it is not possible.

Please help!

Timeline

Hey guys,

I have a question!

When I filled out the DV 260 for the DV2015, Vancouver and Montreal was the 2 options for the interview. Now reading your comments... it looks like there is only Montreal which is available for an interview... I don`t understand why the online form 260 would give vancouver as an option to pass the interview... if it is not possible.

Please help!

I can't remember if the DS-260 mentioned Vancouver, but I know some pages on the "if you are selected" instructions (for example, the page which mentions additional consulate instructions) still list Vancouver.

The Vancouver Consulate used to do immigrant processing such as the DV but hasn't been doing so for a few years now. They just haven't properly updated all the instructions to reflect that yet. Montreal is currently the only consulate in Canada that will do the interviews for the DV.

DV-2015 Selectee - Case Number SA03xx - Born in Trinidad, WI / Grew up in Canada - Successful interview: Oct 2nd, 2014 @ Montreal

I can't remember if the DS-260 mentioned Vancouver, but I know some pages on the "if you are selected" instructions (for example, the page which mentions additional consulate instructions) still list Vancouver.

The Vancouver Consulate used to do immigrant processing such as the DV but hasn't been doing so for a few years now. They just haven't properly updated all the instructions to reflect that yet. Montreal is currently the only consulate in Canada that will do the interviews for the DV.

ok... thank you Zuroma!

So now what am I supposed to do, because DV260

WELL.... Thank you Zuroma.... I am a bit confused now... cause my form dv260 said Interview location Vancouver. (I chose vancouver which was an option) so do you think they will send me an email changing my city from Vancouver to Montreal?

Then do you think this would make me lost time... cause my CN is pretty low and based on the previous year I am supposed to have my interview in October 2014.

And with the new variable... I dont understand what to do now... call/ email KCC?

I tried already to call Montreal us consulate and Vancouver to confirm ... but obviously they are not taking any calls...

what is my next step?

(Pretty mad at the moment.)

Timeline

WELL.... Thank you Zuroma.... I am a bit confused now... cause my form dv260 said Interview location Vancouver. (I chose vancouver which was an option) so do you think they will send me an email changing my city from Vancouver to Montreal?

Then do you think this would make me lost time... cause my CN is pretty low and based on the previous year I am supposed to have my interview in October 2014.

And with the new variable... I dont understand what to do now... call/ email KCC?

I tried already to call Montreal us consulate and Vancouver to confirm ... but obviously they are not taking any calls...

what is my next step?

(Pretty mad at the moment.)

I'm not sure what you mean by "DV260".

Do you mean the page you initially got which starts "You have been randomly selected for further processing..." on that page do you mean next to "Post:" it says Vancouver?

Or do you mean the form that you have to fill out called DS-260? If so, which page are you talking about?

There is nothing called DV260.

Do you mean the page you initially got which starts "You have been randomly selected for further processing..." on that page do you mean next to "Post:" it says Vancouver?

Or do you mean the form that you have to fill out called DS-260? If so, which page are you talking about?

oh excuse me I am taling about the form DS 260

Im talking about the DS260, at the question interview location: vancouver, canada. The last question before the Security and Background information on the form.

Timeline

oh excuse me I am taling about the form DS 260

That's very weird that on the DS-260 it says Vancouver. Did you already submit the DS-260? If you have not, then you can update it on the first page to show Montreal.

If you have already submitted it, then I would suggest calling the KCC and discussing it with them. Unless something has changed recently, I am pretty sure Montreal is still the only consulate in Canada that does interviews, so you should call KCC as soon as possible.

Timeline

Im talking about the DS260, at the question interview location: vancouver, canada. The last question before the Security and Background information on the form.

The last question before "Security and Background" on my online DS-260 form is only related to Work/Education/Training and asking "In which occupation do you intend to work in the US".

Not sure why your DS-260 is different. Make sure you are on the right DS-260 (at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ ). But you should call KCC and confirm your interview location and discuss with them.

The last question before "Security and Background" on my online DS-260 form is only related to Work/Education/Training and asking "In which occupation do you intend to work in the US".

Not sure why your DS-260 is different. Make sure you are on the right DS-260 (at https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/ ). But you should call KCC and confirm your interview location and discuss with them.

This is scary... :-(

I have the ``in which occupation do you intend to work in the u.s

then my previous employers

then educational institutions

and: have you ever served in the military

then interview location...

then security background

I double check on the link that you gave me and my status shows :completed.

So yeah I am going to call the KCC to confirm everything.

Thank you for your help!

At the end of this section (

That's very weird that on the DS-260 it says Vancouver. Did you already submit the DS-260? If you have not, then you can update it on the first page to show Montreal.

If you have already submitted it, then I would suggest calling the KCC and discussing it with them. Unless something has changed recently, I am pretty sure Montreal is still the only consulate in Canada that does interviews, so you should call KCC as soon as possible.

I don't think this is an issue at all... They will assign the interview to Montreal, being perfectly aware of which consulates do DV interviews, and I can't see it leading to any delays at all.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.