CalgarySteve

DV Lottery Winners in Canada

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi there,

I am DV selectee numbered 2014AS000129xx, living in Vancouver, Canada, too.

As my number will be cut in September (asia cut-off is up to 13,350), I wondered if I still have a chance to interview in September.

Can everybody assist me to post your time line, like cut-off month, scheduled interview date for my reference?

Thanks so much for your time.

Hi there,

As my number will be cut in September (asia cut-off is up to 13,350), I wondered if I still have a chance to interview in September.

Can everybody assist me to post your time line, like cut-off month, scheduled interview date for my reference?

I'm a bit confused by your question. If you are current for September why are you worried that you may not have a chance to interview? Do you have all your documents other than medicals ready?

You should get notification of your interview date within the next week or so.

Edited by SusieQQQ

Filed: Timeline

Thanks, Susie

Actually I have no idea how I will receive the notice and what the next step is for me, like by a e-mail or a letter, when and how to pay. :) I just started googled about the DV process this week.

Somebody told me that if I get interview in Montreal, and the embassy doesn't finish the procedure by the end of September, I will miss my chance. They also recommeded me to go back to my country as the August cut-off is scheduled in July for interview already.

Just wanted to confirm, if my number is cut-off in September, that means my interview will be held in September, and everything will be done by the end of September. Is that right?

Thanks for all your help.

Thanks, Susie

Actually I have no idea how I will receive the notice and what the next step is for me, like by a e-mail or a letter, when and how to pay. :) I just started googled about the DV process this week.

Somebody told me that if I get interview in Montreal, and the embassy doesn't finish the procedure by the end of September, I will miss my chance. They also recommeded me to go back to my country as the August cut-off is scheduled in July for interview already.

Just wanted to confirm, if my number is cut-off in September, that means my interview will be held in September, and everything will be done by the end of September. Is that right?

Thanks for all your help.

Ok.. It's a bit worrying that you are only finding out about the process now. I am assuming that you read the links from your notification letter, sent back your DS122 and DS230 forms, and have collected so far all your required civil documents other than the medical? You need to make absolutely sure you have everything ready because with a September interview, you do not have time to waste to get hold of missing documents. It is absolutely correct that if you do not have a visa issued by 30 September you lose out. So a qualified answer to your question is: if your interview is scheduled in September everything should be finalized by the end of the month IF all your documentation is in order.

The bit about going back to your country is not only misinformed (it makes no difference which consulate you interview at as the interview date is dependent on *your* case number), it is also really BAD advice at this stage, because you do not really have time to arrange a different interview location - this can lead to a delay of up to two months and you do not have two months to waste given how soon September will arrive.

Keep an eye out on your email, that will tell you when the esc page (the same page you checked originally) is updated. When it is, it will have replaced your original selection letter with a new one, with details of your interview, including where to get your medical done and how you will pay (at time of interview). If you don't get an email just check the page anyway to see if it updates, in case the email has gone into a spam folder or something.

Just one more thing, you are not from Nepal, right?

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi there,

If the cut-off number is 13,350 and your number is 12,9xx that means you're in. If it's still not clear to you then I suggest you pass on.

"Somebody told me that if I get interview in Montreal, and the embassy doesn't finish the procedure by the end of September, I will miss my chance. They also recommeded me to go back to my country as the August cut-off is scheduled in July for interview already."

I'm amazed by those people that still rely on the word of mouth in the Internet Era.

We all Live in a Yellow Submarine...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.