jgoodman

September 2013 Filers

1,034 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Got an email yesterday that B's EAD is on it's way. No news about the AP or AOS, expecting us to be an interview waiver case since we've heard nothing after biometrics on May 2.

When did you send in your EAD? and when was your biometrics? O.o

Jess & Mohamed

Our NOA1 is April 9. We had biometrics on May 2. EAD will be delivered today!

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

Hey guys!

Just a brief update on our case!

We sent in our AOS, EAD and AP on June 18th.

Today we recieved correspondences via email and text stating our case has been accepted and routed to USCIS National Benefits Center for processing.

It also indicated our Receipt # was provided and Official Receipt Notice (Form I-797) to follow in mail within 7-10 days.

Following checking our case status on uscis.gov it states our EAD is under Intial Review stating "On June 20, 2014, we received this I765 APPLICATION FOR EMPLOYMENT AUTHORIZATION, and mailed you a notice describing how we will process your case.

We are anxiously awaiting the AOS & AP correspondence for Biometrics appointment.

Hope everyone is doing great!.

Our NOA1 is April 9. We had biometrics on May 2. EAD will be delivered today!

Hey we live in Bossier too!. We recently submitted our forms, recieved info on EAD nothing on AOS or AP.

Were you guys able to apply for State ID or DP yet?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey we live in Bossier too!. We recently submitted our forms, recieved info on EAD nothing on AOS or AP.

I asked about drivers licences at the DMV they said he couldn't get it until he received his green card..

i dont know......

Jess & Mohamed

We just applied for his social security number today with his EAD. The DMV said he couldn't get his permit until he had his EAD, so that's our next step. Weird that we live so close! Hope everything is going well.

TIMELINE

I129F Sent: 16/09/13

NOA1: 23/09/13

NOA2: 28/10/13

Interview: 15/01/14 | APPROVED

Visa In Hand: 28/01/14

POE: 09/03/14

We just applied for his social security number today with his EAD. The DMV said he couldn't get his permit until he had his EAD, so that's our next step. Weird that we live so close! Hope everything is going well.

I have my SSN we applied for it when we were getting married. I was told when K1 turns to K3 then can issue respective ID's i.e State & D.P.

Oh yea what a coincidence! All is well rainy past days. Keep good!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just an update for me. Filed AOS package on Tuesday and checked the tracking which says it was delivered. Yay. Filed a bit later than I wanted to, we were going to file the day after we got married but we didn't have time to collect the certificate from a different office across town on the day of the wedding (which is a great service if you can pick it up there and then) but had to wait for it to be posted instead. Anyway it got here and I sent in a photocopy (which I'm hoping is ok) and I sent it off the next day.

Hoping this stage goes quickly and smoothly for us all, I am very eager to start working too.

K-1 Process:

09/03/13 - NOA1

10/22/13 - NOA2

02/25/14 - Visa Interview - Approved!

03/03/14 - Visa Received

04/08/14 - US Entry

06/05/14 - Wedding

AOS Process:

07/02/14 - NOA1s received for I-485, I-765 and I-131

07/23/14 - Early walk-in for Biometrics

09/04/14 - EAD Card Approved!

09/11/14 - EAD Card Received

02/27/15 - Greencard Approved!
03/12/15 - Greencard Received!
ROC Process:
02/07/2017 - NOA1
03/09/2017 - Biometrics
02/15/2018 - Extension Stamp in Passport at Local Office
...currently waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Approved and issued!

Quick update. Ruby received the requested documents about 2 weeks ago and sent it all in to the embassy the same day. Status was updated 2 days later indicated it was touched and still in administrative processing. Status switched to issued last Friday and she received everything back from the embassy on Tuesday. She's back in Manila today for her CFO seminar. So glad to finally be through this part of the process and she and her daughter will be here on 7/15. Not a moment too soon, I'm drowning in wedding planning... ;)

I-129F Sent - 9/12/13

NOA1 - 9/16/13

Alien Reg # changed - 10/8/13

NOA2 email - 2/24/14

NOA2 hardcopy - 3/1/14

NVC ship to Consulate - 3/13/14

Consulate received - ?

Packet 3 Recd - never

DS-160 Filed - 3/6/14

Called and received appointment time - 3/27/14

Medical - 3/28/14

Interview - 4/4/14 requested additional documentation

Receive additional documentation - 6/18/14

Approved! - 6/27/14

Visa in hand - 7/1/14

Arrive in the US - 7/15/14!! :)

Wedding date - 9/13/14

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Congratulations!

Approved and issued!

Quick update. Ruby received the requested documents about 2 weeks ago and sent it all in to the embassy the same day. Status was updated 2 days later indicated it was touched and still in administrative processing. Status switched to issued last Friday and she received everything back from the embassy on Tuesday. She's back in Manila today for her CFO seminar. So glad to finally be through this part of the process and she and her daughter will be here on 7/15. Not a moment too soon, I'm drowning in wedding planning... ;)

I-129F Sent - 9/12/13

NOA1 - 9/16/13

Alien Reg # changed - 10/8/13

NOA2 email - 2/24/14

NOA2 hardcopy - 3/1/14

NVC ship to Consulate - 3/13/14

Consulate received - ?

Packet 3 Recd - never

DS-160 Filed - 3/6/14

Called and received appointment time - 3/27/14

Medical - 3/28/14

Interview - 4/4/14 requested additional documentation

Receive additional documentation - 6/18/14

Approved! - 6/27/14

Visa in hand - 7/1/14

Arrive in the US - 7/15/14!! :)

Wedding date - 9/13/14

Annie's 14 and 17 year old daughters arrived here early Wednesday am. So nice to finally have them here with us.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi September filers!

It's been awhile - hope you're all doing well! Reading through recent posts it looks like most of you have already filed and, for some, received, EAD/AP/etc. My fiancé and I were on the slow track, if you remember, but he's finally arriving in the US in a few weeks!

We're in the process of gathering his AOS documents, and we're a bit confused re: vaccination records. He had his medical exam for the visa interview back in mid-April but didn't receive any results/records (except those turned into the Embassy in a sealed envelope).

This makes me think that the vaccination record is in the sealed envelope that he will present at POE when he arrives in the US in a few weeks. Is this correct? If so, will he be able to keep this copy after the immigration officer has looked through the packet, in order to submit it with the rest of the AOS packet?

Any insight from those of you who have already been through the AOS submission would be greatly appreciated!

Hi September filers from one of the slow-pokes among you. I think my fiancée and I were the last tone approved but anyway thank Goodness we finally we last month! Turns out, the long wait proved worth it because our NVC process went very quickly . They received our case within 4 days and sent it out to the embassy in about the same time. However, now we seem to be stopped. We did the DHL tracking thing that we've seen on this site and it seems our embassy received the petition on June 26th but they still haven't updated the ceac site to ready or have they contacted me to let me know next steps. It still says "in transit". Why wouldn't they update it? Now I'm not sure what to do next. I've started the ds160 but have not submitted it and I'm considering trying to schedule the medical for some time in the next two weeks but I'm worried about doing something wrong. I've called the embassy and they say they can't tell me anything over the phone :/ WHAT? I've tried emailing them on more than one occasion and never received a response. I'm so frustrated. The most frustrating thing too is that there arent any VJ members from the Bahamas to consult. I feel like I'm all alone here.:/ UGH. So close yet so far.

I'm the Beneficiarydancin5hr.gif

Sept 7th, 2013 = K1 Visa Application Submitted

Sept 18th, 2013 = NOA 1 via e-mail - Case Accepted and Routed to Texas Service Center

Sept 27th 2013= Received NOA1 hard copy

Oct 5th-12th 2013 = Had an AMAZING week together and now back to waiting...ClockWatch2.gif

February 12th 2014 = Five month mark passed. Service request ordered. They said in 27days we should have an answer.

March 15th 2014 = ALIEN REGISTRATION NUMBER CHANGED! FINALLY! dancin5hr.gif

May 31st-June 11th 2014 -Spent a Beautiful week and a half together and got a huge surprise on the day before she left. :D

June 10th 2014 = PETITION APPROVED!!! Hallelujah! :dance:

August 8th 2014 = Medical. Results: Passed

September 23rd 2014= INTERVIEW: APPROVED! so happy!!!!!!!

September 25-28th 2014 = System Error prevents VISA from being issued. :cry:

September 29th 2014= VISA in hand :dancing:

September30th 2014= Entered the USA :thumbs:
December 22nd 2014=MARRIED :)

March 18th 2015 = Filed AOS

April 3rd 2015 = Received NOA1 hard copies

June 20th 2015 = Received EAD/AP card in mail :)

July 28th 2015 = Received Notice of Potential Interview waiver :mellow:

Feb 29th 2016= FINALLY! RECEIVED MY GREENCARD! :dancing:

January 26th, 2018: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions 

Feb 2nd 2018: Received NOA1

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.