Bernard123

Embassy requesting documents

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I was hoping if anyone has encountered this and can give me their experiences.

Last month I was at the US Embassy in Manila applying for my son's CRBA and passport.

We made it all the way to the interview with the officer. The officer told me that everything is okay, it's just that he wanted more evidence of me living in the US. All I had with me were my high school diploma and my expired and current US passports.

The officer told me it wasn't enough, as he wanted exact dates of me being in the US or my school records. He also asked if I had other expired passports and I told him that I had expired Philippine passports but I didn't have them with me.

He gave me a form which tells me to submit the requested documents and mail them to the embassy via Air21. I asked a couple of questions and after that, he left the interview room without saying anything else. We left the embassy after that thinking all I needed to do was mail in the documents.

I read here: CRBA experiences that they headed over to Air21 and to window 1 afterwards.

Should I have left the embassy after that? Did I need to wait to go to another window? Has anyone encountered this? The form is requesting for original expired passports, will the embassy return them afterwards?

Very simple, submit the requested documents the officer asked for your all most finished. I would suggest you include your high school transcript as well, you should receive your expired Philippine passport back.

“Should I have left the embassy after that?”

Yes! Your CRBA was not approved unlike what you are referring to CRBA experiences "I will approve this application. Just go to Air21 and fill up the form for the shipment and drop it in window 1. you should expect the passport and the certificate of CRBA"

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.