7 posts in this topic

Hi ! I am asking this for my mom who petitioned my sister. Anyway we are about to send in AOS packet. She only have filed tax in 2011 and 2012 because she arrived in the US in Oct. 2010 and did not work yet unil the year ended . So should I just put 0 in year 2010? Will I get an rfe for this? Thanks!

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

Hi ! I am asking this for my mom who petitioned my sister. Anyway we are about to send in AOS packet. She only have filed tax in 2011 and 2012 because she arrived in the US in Oct. 2010 and did not work yet unil the year ended . So should I just put 0 in year 2010? Will I get an rfe for this? Thanks!

Put zero. Include a signed statement by her that she was not a LPR in 2010 and therfore was not required to file a US tax return for 2010.

She is greencard already in 2010 because I petitioned her and she arrived in Oct. 2010 and she got her green card 2 weeks after that

I130 for mom

NOA1 March 1,2010

touched April 8,2010

email approval 6/23/10

NOA2 received 6/28/2010

NVC case# assigned 7/2/2010

aos fee bill&ds3032 received 7/8/2010

aos fee paid and emailed ds3032 7/8/2010

iv bill paid 7/12/10

iv packet mailed 7/13/10

aos packet scanned 7/20/10

iv packet scanned 7/22/10

case complete 8/18/10

Timeline

She is greencard already in 2010 because I petitioned her and she arrived in Oct. 2010 and she got her green card 2 weeks after that

Then put that her income was zero in 2010 and therefore she was not required to file a US tax return for 2010.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

All they want to see is the most current income which was for 2012. But it's optional to include your mom income for 2010 and 2011. Don't forget to include the employment letter and 6 months pay stubs to prove her income. Good luck!

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

When we filled up our I-864, the income we only put was for the last two years (2011 and 2012) because we forgot to request our tax transcript for 2010. I believe that all they want to see is the most current tax return. If you read the instructions or I-864 forms itself, it says there that it's optional to include your last two years tax returns.

"Have faith in God, Jesus answered. I'll tell you the truth. if anyone says to this mountain, Go, throw yourself to the sea, and that does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen. it will be done for him. Therefore I'll tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer, believe that you have received it, and it will be yours" (MARK 11:22-24)

Timeline

All they want to see is the most current income which was for 2012. But it's optional to include your mom income for 2010 and 2011. Don't forget to include the employment letter and 6 months pay stubs to prove her income. Good luck!

Not so.

She needs to provide 3 years of tax returns or a reason why she was not required to file. It is not just this year's income. It's also about how steady her income has been over the years. The last tax year could be an anomoly.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.