I AM NOT THAT GUY

Cell phone robbery suspect caught after his saggy jeans take him down

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Lesson learned: Don't rob someone if you aren't wearing good getaway clothes. A Brooklyn man was arrested Tuesday after tripping on his saggy jeans during an on-foot police chase. The man, identified as Joel Donaldson, 21, reportedly punched a woman in the face before grabbing her cell phone and taking off. Unfortunately for him, his choice of pants proved to be a bad one. "He was zigzagging all over the place, but he couldn't run because his pants were falling down," witness Arlene Williams told the New York Post. A cop spotted Donaldson and chased after him. Donaldson only made it a block before his pants found themselves around his ankles. He was promptly arrested.

http://now.msn.com/cell-phone-robber-trips-on-saggy-pants-arrested

I was watching an episode of Cops last night where the same thing happened. I think the suspect could've outrun the cop, but his baggy pants kept getting in the way. Dude got caught with an illegal handgun too.

I don't get cell phone robberies. Cell phones are cheap, and many free in Japan. Is this not so in the States?

Japan, much like Vermont, is irrelevant.

I don't get cell phone robberies. Cell phones are cheap, and many free in Japan. Is this not so in the States?

Buying a phone that is not linked to a ridiculous contract is generally not cheap, no.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Japan, much like Vermont, is irrelevant.

True. But seriously , are phones that expensive ? I don't know. , as I have never tried to buy one in the States. Cell phone thefts are high in the UK too. Please explain. How much does a phone cost in the States?

True. But seriously , are phones that expensive ? I don't know. , as I have never tried to buy one in the States. Cell phone thefts are high in the UK too. Please explain. How much does a phone cost in the States?

A new I-Phone 5 is around $200, and that's with a 2 year contract from Verizon.

So how much is the average contract? Surely if one's phone was stolen , one would report the theft ASAP. I don't get it.

I pay about $150 per month for Unlimited talk and text including 1000 minutes to Canada and with 2GB of data, for 2 phones.

Edited by Teddy B

That is not so expensive is it ? Cool clothes, and good food cost more. Some people's priorities are screwed.

I think it is. When you grow up with nothing but a land line for $25 per month, making the jump to $150 permonth plus $200 per phone is pretty steep. That's $4,000 every two years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I think it is. When you grow up with nothing but a land line for $25 per month, making the jump to $150 permonth plus $200 per phone is pretty steep. That's $4,000 every two years.

I will take your word on that. But many people spend far more on clothes and "entertainment " . And as I said before , if the phone was reported stolen the theft would not make sense. I guess there are lots of stupid people out there. Sad.