26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so glad to read about all the approved petitions here. We are a same-sex couple too and we're still waiting for our NOA2. It's already over 60 days since they received our response to the RFE. No decision yet. Everybody keeps on saying be patient and hold on and I appreciate all the words of support from everybody. But to be honest, I am on the verge of losing hope. I still cannot understand what's keeping their decision so long. Congratulations again to all who were approved. I wish we could be happy too like all of you.

I am so glad to read about all the approved petitions here. We are a same-sex couple too and we're still waiting for our NOA2. It's already over 60 days since they received our response to the RFE. No decision yet. Everybody keeps on saying be patient and hold on and I appreciate all the words of support from everybody. But to be honest, I am on the verge of losing hope. I still cannot understand what's keeping their decision so long. Congratulations again to all who were approved. I wish we could be happy too like all of you.

There's nothing that you can do on this part other than waiting; your fiance can seek help/assistance from his Cong/Sen for his petition.

I know this stage will test your patience; but do not loose hope. After this part you will still have to wait for your case to be sent to NVC and have your case number in MANILA; so really; have faith and who knows, maybe tomorrow you'll have the answer :)

Ralph

Timeline

Ralph,

Thank you for your swift response. If we only have the official approval coming from them, we would not mind waiting again for the case number.

You're right, tomorrow we might get it.

Filed: Other Timeline

Congratulations guys.

I filed in February and still no news. I was getting ready for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting to see so many people getting approved in reasonable amounts of time. So, the patience I thought I had, is completely being shattered with worries and "what if's" they don't approve our visa in 3 or 4 more months.

I love this forum, but we don't get enough s/s visa posters. I wish we did. Congrats to all of you, and good luck to the ones that are waiting.

Congratulations guys.

I filed in February and still no news. I was getting ready for a long wait, but I wasn't expecting to see so many people getting approved in reasonable amounts of time. So, the patience I thought I had, is completely being shattered with worries and "what if's" they don't approve our visa in 3 or 4 more months.

I love this forum, but we don't get enough s/s visa posters. I wish we did. Congrats to all of you, and good luck to the ones that are waiting.

I am very sorry but hey; never loose hope and patience. there's really nothing you can do but wait. :)

let me know if you have questions.

Ralph

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations guys.

I hate those "what ifs". It's an uncertain enough process without the whole same sex factor involved. It's always good to see approvals! Hang in there, that approval will come and this will all seem like a bad dream. Keep your head up. :)

A journey of 2855KM begins with a single step.

-NOA 2 9/26/2014 Finally

• 5 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Very Cool... Congrats Kerry and Ralph.... This is very encouraging... My fiance in transexual and of course she is still considered same sex so we certainly have been a bit nervous about the interview and other processes etc...

We wish you all the best and much happiness... Happy Holidays too...

Also Good luck to everyone else here on this thread.... Thanks for sharing...

Chris and Kris

Edited by ChrisnKris

Timeline

Hello guys,

Guess what....I am already here in the US and we got married last October. We are doing the adjustment of my status and next Tuesday, I am doing my biometrics for the work permit. I have been busy after I got my K1 visa approval last September. I arrived here 2nd week of October. Thank you and best wishes to all who are also in the same situation. God bless!

• 4 weeks later...

Hello guys,

Guess what....I am already here in the US and we got married last October. We are doing the adjustment of my status and next Tuesday, I am doing my biometrics for the work permit. I have been busy after I got my K1 visa approval last September. I arrived here 2nd week of October. Thank you and best wishes to all who are also in the same situation. God bless!

that's good... congratulations... just have patience... waiting for your work permit and green card take some time but don't worry about that... what matters most is you are with your hubby now...

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Probably this would be of help to those people who is of the same situation: same sex k1 visa filer with one partner currently a Philippine Citizen.

Share your status guys. Updates & suggestion would really be helpful since this is the first year that this visa will be available to us.

>> My partner filed my petition this month through an immigration lawyer as we do not want to make mistakes and also we do not want to risk it for ourselves. We are waiting for our NOA2 which hopefully we can get early next month hopefully :-)

Good luck to all of us...!

Hi, was browsing and i saw your post though i know it was 3years ago, just wanna know how it went?

my partner and I is on K1 too and i am scheduled for interview last week of this month

a bit worried for you know after the US elections results

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.