Penny Lane

Montana teacher gets 30 days in jail in rape of 14-year-old student who later kills herself

61 posts in this topic

but 18 year olds are certainly better equipped than 14 year olds.

under what circumstances do you think a fourteen year old girl can give consent to allow her teacher to manipulate her? how is it okay? because her perception of the situation is positive?

so we let kids determine if they're ready to have sex with their adult teachers. how does a public school's hr department handle such nonsense?

Val you are correct on this one. A 40 year old teacher having sex with a 14 year old should be slam duck no questions asked, I don't care if she climbed in his window buck naked. Big big. Wrong he should have been given many years and put on the sex offender list. Period. No questions asked .

There are a lot of registered sex offenders who spent a lot more time in jail who did less

We're talking about trickery being as bad as rape? I think, though, that adults can trick each other into sexual relationships just as easily. If I lie to an 18 year old at a bar and say I'm a millionaire, and I own companies, and they want to sleep with me because of that, I tricked them into sleeping with me. They didn't want to sleep with the real me. Why isn't that rape, then?

The key word is adults. The girl in this story was not an adult and the man was in a position of authority over her. Grooming a 14 year old into sleeping with you when she didn't want to is rape. And it's highly different from two adults lying to each other about their professions.

Are you kidding me with this?

The key word is adults. The girl in this story was not an adult and the man was in a position of authority over her. Grooming a 14 year old into sleeping with you when she didn't want to is rape. And it's highly different from two adults lying to each other about their professions.

Are you kidding me with this?

I started to type a reply to that too, but the comparison was so ridiculous, I just shook my head and did one of these.

4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10

We're talking about trickery being as bad as rape? I think, though, that adults can trick each other into sexual relationships just as easily. If I lie to an 18 year old at a bar and say I'm a millionaire, and I own companies, and they want to sleep with me because of that, I tricked them into sleeping with me. They didn't want to sleep with the real me. Why isn't that rape, then?

because an eighteen year old is considered an adult capable of making decisions, such as: joining the army, signing a lease, consenting to sex for money, believing a dude at a bar that says he's a millionaire, voting..etc

you keep bringing up 18 year olds as if their mental and emotional standing is the same as a 14 year olds. there is certainly a percentage of 18-25 year olds that still operate cognitively on teen/preteen levels, but that doesn't mean that there are 14 year olds that are capable of operating cognitively as adults. you should read up on brain development.

There are a lot of registered sex offenders who spent a lot more time in jail who did less

i don't know about that..i mean, in my experience..sentence time isn't really that excessive, if there's any jail time served at all.

I started to type a reply to that too, but the comparison was so ridiculous, I just shook my head and did one of these.

4db26bb112d790b56fcaa934bad0b78808828b10

The Vandelay industries episode was on last night. The one with Keith Hernandez!

The Vandelay industries episode was on last night. The one with Keith Hernandez!

Lol, That's the one with the spitter re-enactment to mimic the JFK assassination with Kramer and Newman too, isn't it?

Lol, That's the one with the spitter re-enactment to mimic the JFK assassination with Kramer and Newman too, isn't it?

YES. :lol:

"There must have been a second spitter... but who?!"

The American football player?

Baseball player.

YES. laughing.gif

"There must have been a second spitter... but who?!"

That's one magic loogey! laughing.gif

When you sit back and think of all the side splitting comedy wrapped into every episode and it went on for over 10 years, that's comedy genius.

There were a lot of future stars that got some of their first roles on Seinfeld too.

Edited by Teddy B

Filed: Timeline

because an eighteen year old is considered an adult capable of making decisions, such as: joining the army, signing a lease, consenting to sex for money, believing a dude at a bar that says he's a millionaire, voting..etc

you keep bringing up 18 year olds as if their mental and emotional standing is the same as a 14 year olds. there is certainly a percentage of 18-25 year olds that still operate cognitively on teen/preteen levels, but that doesn't mean that there are 14 year olds that are capable of operating cognitively as adults. you should read up on brain development.

I keep bringing up 18 year olds because that is the age where people in California, anyway, are considered old enough to have sex. So, in California, you can groom an 18 year old into having sex with you when they didn't want to, and, hey, it's their problem. Other states put that at 16. In California, if you groom a 16 year old to have sex with you, you are a sleazy pedophile and deserve to be locked up and placed on a sex offender list. Cross the border into Nevada, and you can do the same while being an upstanding citizen. Take a flight to Germany, and you can do this to a 14 year old and still be considered an upstanding citizen.

If several European countries say that 14 is the age (Spain says 13) where they can choose to have sex with adults, who is right?

Again, in this case, I find it extremely likely that it was rape, but I don't think that all cases of teenagers (especially 15 or 16 and over) and adults are necessarily rape. I also think that it should be proven in court that it was, in fact, rape and was not consensual in these cases.

The age of consent in Japan is not 12! Complete tosh!

As for sexual desires, if both the people in the relationship are around the same age. But if one of them is a lot older and in a position of power, the older person should be more responsible and control their desires.

You're right. It was 13.

Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

The national age of consent in Japan is 13 as specified by the Japanese Penal Code Articles 176 and 177.[36][dead link] However, prefectures can have ordinances that prohibit sexual activities with any minor under 18.[37]

However in April 1999 the Japanese parliament wrote into law The Child Welfare Act which changed the age of consent to 18 and the age of majority to the age of 20. (The Child Welfare Act [1999] Articles 2 and 3 respectively) It also restated that the legal age of marriage to be no less than 16 for females and 18 for males but only after parental consent.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ages_of_consent_in_Asia

mvSuprise-hug.gif

I keep bringing up 18 year olds because that is the age where people in California, anyway, are considered old enough to have sex. So, in California, you can groom an 18 year old into having sex with you when they didn't want to, and, hey, it's their problem. Other states put that at 16. In California, if you groom a 16 year old to have sex with you, you are a sleazy pedophile and deserve to be locked up and placed on a sex offender list. Cross the border into Nevada, and you can do the same while being an upstanding citizen. Take a flight to Germany, and you can do this to a 14 year old and still be considered an upstanding citizen.

confusing the issue. no one in nevada is an upstanding citizen.

seriously, what is right is whatever the law is where your kids go to school. this isn't about dating or relationships or whatever, this is about teachers and students.

Filed: Timeline

I hate to think what Duuraa was upto when living in Japan! 13, my a¥¥!

I wasn't up to all that much when I was in Japan, actually. The women at the age I prefer were generally already married. Although there is one I remember wishing she wasn't, and she recently went through a divorce... but I'm happy with my wife.

I'm still not convinced it isn't 13 in some prefectures/situations, though.

Edited by duraaraa

What would Xenu do?