Jamaica10

Ready to Administrative Processing

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So as of this morning, my status update date changed to todays date and on top of the screen it finally says Administrative Processing instead of ready. I am so excited I just had to log on to share this information with you all. I will do my best to keep you posted each time something new happens. The embassy finally responded to one of my 4 million emails this morning tell me my case was undergoing AP as usual. I am just praying for a positive outcome. I try not to get too excited but I must say it's hard because in 3 days it will be a year since I started this whole process.dancin5hr.gif I am trying to not share the news with my friends and loved ones as it's hard to explain things especially when you have no explanation as we stay in the dark until further notice. Thank God for VJ as it consist of people who are going through petitioning for a loved one or has done so.

I have been on VJ more frequently and I must say that I am happy to see many people helping out with questions that are asked.goofy.gif Have a great day, and again, I will keep you posted if I hear anything else pertaining to my case

Timeline

Awe, I can emphathize. Don't worry, continue to pray and the best is sure to come. When you log into CEAC does it say immigrant or non-immigrant visa on top of the pop up box. Ours went from immigrant to non-immigrant with a status of "Ready". Then a couple of working days later went to administrative processing, and the next day issued. I'm keeping my fingers crossed sista I hope you hear the good news soon.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I contact the Kingston embassy regarding the status of my daughter's case and receive this response Dear Sir/madam,

This case is currently undergoing administrative processing.

Regards

Visa Unit

US Embassy

I contact DOS this morning and was told i wil be hearing from the embassy very soon she said she did not have the rxact date but it is soon,should i br happy ?interview was on July 30,2013 additional documents submitted and update 8/7

Timeline

Awe, I can emphathize. Don't worry, continue to pray and the best is sure to come. When you log into CEAC does it say immigrant or non-immigrant visa on top of the pop up box. Ours went from immigrant to non-immigrant with a status of "Ready". Then a couple of working days later went to administrative processing, and the next day issued. I'm keeping my fingers crossed sista I hope you hear the good news soon.

Thank You! heart.gifOnce I put my case number in it says Nonimmigrant Visa. It just changed to Administrative processing today so I will check it consistently for updates. I don't know what lyes ahead, i'm just glad they are working on it. I hope I hear good news as well and will keep you all posted. This has been a long journey and i'm ready for it to come to an end so I can move to the next phase. I hope if he is able to come, the process won't be as frustrating...

Timeline

I contact the Kingston embassy regarding the status of my daughter's case and receive this response Dear Sir/madam,

This case is currently undergoing administrative processing.

Regards

Visa Unit

US Embassy

I contact DOS this morning and was told i wil be hearing from the embassy very soon she said she did not have the rxact date but it is soon,should i br happy ?interview was on July 30,2013 additional documents submitted and update 8/7

DOS told me something similar last Thursday. They said my case was in the final stages so to contact them in a few days. I check the CEAC website daily and I've noticed changes up to this morning. The website is below:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?

This will help you keep track of the activity taking place with your application. I'm hoping for the best for you and will be praying for a positive outcome.

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks. Check the website and it was last updated on 8/23 the same day i receive the email response from the embassy. Iwill keep checking and praying for each other as we go through this long and frustrating process

Timeline

Thank You! heart.gifOnce I put my case number in it says Nonimmigrant Visa. It just changed to Administrative processing today so I will check it consistently for updates. I don't know what lyes ahead, i'm just glad they are working on it. I hope I hear good news as well and will keep you all posted. This has been a long journey and i'm ready for it to come to an end so I can move to the next phase. I hope if he is able to come, the process won't be as frustrating...

This is very similiar to how our case was processed. Its looks really good, likely issued any day now. dancin5hr.gif

Timeline

This is very similiar to how our case was processed. Its looks really good, likely issued any day now. dancin5hr.gif

I hope so, I am praying for a positive ending. It's not over until the fat lady sings...lol Jovel will have to have the visa in his hands before I can jump for joy, I have learned that this process comes with many ups and downs, I have rejoiced many times only to run into another disappointment, so I am trying to take things one day at a time and accept each day for all that it brings. Its good to look ahead, but we should never look past anything that lyes in between what we are trying to accomplish and the finish line...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.