tringuyen

obama did it again

61 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I get it, attention to detail isn't your forté. The OP stated that "...Obama is wrong/illegal sending these memos instructing DHS who to deport". Problem is that there is no memo that Obama sent to DHS instructing them not to deport parents of US citizen children. The President does issue directives from time to time to the executive branch - those are known as executive orders. There isn't one here. Thus, unless you can point to an executive order that Obama has issued directing DHS not to deport illegal immigrant parents of US citizen children, the OP was incorrect in making that statement.

Just as you were incorrect the other day when you falsely claimed that the debt increased more under Obama's watch than under all previous presidents combined. wink.png

I see reading comprehension is not your strongest point. Let me help you. It's the first line in my post:

While Obama himself didn't write or sign the memo

If you want to talk about Obama spending money we don't have, why don't you post about it in the other thread? I'd figure with all those hearts, you'd have figured out how this discussion forum thing works by now.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Filed: Timeline

Just wondering what body of government can override the president's directive's to DHS. Obama is bypassing the senate and the house and passing his own laws.

The branch with the most guns. So, unless you are suggesting a military coup, the President can do anything he wants to.

I read what you wrote. You wrote that as a rebuttal to my post specifically dealing with the false claim that "Obama is wrong/illegal sending these memos instructing DHS who to deport". Again, Obama has not sent any such memo to DHS. That's all I am saying and that does remain true. Has nothing to do with whether or not Obama approves of the DHS enforcement - I'm quite certain that he does. That's not news, though. The Obama administration has focused detainment and deportation efforts on those illegal immigrants that have committed crimes in the US. Deportations among that population is up some 80%.

In my business as in most - if not all - others, we have limited resources with which we are asked to accomplish more than is humanly possible. What we do to ensure that the resources that are available are put to best use and to maximize the benefit we derive from them is a process called prioritizing. That's in all essence what DHS is doing. Prioritizing. Just as any sound business would. Isn't that what we expect from our government? To make the best use of limited resources? I suppose we do unless Obama does it.

time to beef up more ice agents or go with self-deportation. The cost for illegals taking up welfare, education, and health benefits would out-cost to deport them.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I see you're new here. It's Obama's policy when it's a policy people like. When it's not, it's some bureaucrat's policy or it's Bush's fault. Hope that clears it up.

Yeah, that doesn't work both ways ................. rolleyes.gif

time to beef up more ice agents or go with self-deportation. The cost for illegals taking up welfare, education, and health benefits would out-cost to deport them.

Call your Republican members of Congress and tell them to put up the funding. Good Luck with that! :)

Annoying conservatives is what I do for fun. It's easy to do. Just throw some facts into a debate and they'll go nutz.

you can't handle the facts. fact is it cost more to offer amnesty than deport so you divert the debate by being a nuisance. you're wasting people's time.

you can't handle the facts. fact is it cost more to offer amnesty than deport so you divert the debate by being a nuisance. you're wasting people's time.

I'm handling facts just fine. It's a fact that legalizing those here illegally costs more than deporting them? Are you sure about that? By all means, substantiate the math behind that claim.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm handling facts just fine. It's a fact that legalizing those here illegally costs more than deporting them?

It also encourages the next round of illegal immigrants.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

It also encourages the next round of illegal immigrants.

We've deported some 4 million people since 1990. We've amnestied about 3 million in that same time frame - Clinton in the 1990's did a few rounds of amnesty. Either way, more people are deported than amnestied. Following your line of thought, people should thus be discouraged from coming here as their chances to get deported are grater than their chances to benefit from some from of amnesty. And yet, they've been coming. What's up with that?