Mr&MrsA

Met only once , is this a red flag?

103 posts in this topic

I never suggested that it was a red flag. All I said was that the "Why?" is something to think about. Not sure why that would be a problem...

K1 aside, you can best believe his Fiancee and her family are wondering the same thing. Wouldn't you if it were your daughter?

No1 suggested you suggested it was a red flag...and let's not attempt a thread hi-jack by changing conversation into a moral "we all care what others think" kind of thing...intended or not... your post made a good point...like a boss. star_smile.gif

You DaMan!

Let's be real.... An older American male marrying a younger Pinay is a red flag all by itself. Do we care? no. We go ahead and do it anyway, if said Pinay makes us happy, or if we perceive that life with her will do so.

I was fortunate in that we had met multiple times, bot in and out of the PI, so I wasn't worried. But I took a "less is more" approach with the paperwork, cuz a) There is already enough required, and 2) my Pinay (and I suspect many of them) go overboard on providing documentation. 91.2% of which is not even looked at.

Both points are valid. One meeting is not a red flag by itself. Ensuring you have sufficient evidence of an ongoing relationship is wise. The question is... HOW MUCH is enough? For our CO, a coupla pics, and my spouse telling her she talked to me daily on skype while apart was more than enough. So the many emails, convos, and pics that she took was (unnecessary) insurance. I told her not to take so much, she didn't listen. Such is our life. Sometimes she takes my advice, sometimes not.

To the OP... no problem, hundreds before you were in the same boat. You'll be fine. Follow the rules, don't try to get away with fraud (I know you're not, cuz you're here asking), and just be as patient as possible. You will do great.

I just cancelled my cable service. No need for daytime drama TV now that I am back on the forums!! rofl.gif

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiance and I met only once and then decided to apply for K1 visa after..please check my timeline below, my concern is how much percentage do applicants for K1 have when they have only met their fiances once yet within the 2 year requirement? Any couples out there that were approved with this kind of situation?

I met my wife only once and filed for K-1 visa. She just got approved for 2 year conditional green card without an interview - yippee.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Nope. I am not Filipino, and I don't have an "American dream", I am living it.

If this is your idea of living a dream, good for you...

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Darnell is a respected & trusted knowledge resource - let's take a look at one of his "red flag" posts...

"7. number of visits to meet her. This varies, but even that one trip is useful, if carefully documented. MANY PEOPLE do not have issues with just 1 visit, but have other documentation to show an ongoing , evolving relationship. BUT. If the ConOff finds the casefile scant, might decide to USE the concept of 'just one trip' to DING HER for 'Not a BonaFide Relationship' ."

Here's the link for further review - http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/234971-red-flag-list-for-visa-denial/#entry3601415

The entire list Darnell laid out is worth review. (but) I don't know...Darnell has only been around VJ since 2008 (more than 5 years) star_smile.gif but....Hank is "yet to see" rolleyes.gif and has been a member since Oct..2011 (almost 2 years) whistling.gif ...but I suppose he has "seen" more than Darnell..? Bonk! headbonk.gif NOT!

As for me & my house - We will trust the prudent VJs like - Darnell, The Patriot (almost 5 years) & ourselves since we too have been around (as H&L) VJ almost 5 years & other veterans - like Tahoma..& HAVE SEEN many different reasons for xtra scrutiny.

(wow...I actually got to circle back & tease Hank about his tenure smile.png - that set up nicely & just kinda fell in my lap - isn't Karma wonderful? star_smile.gif )

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Gonna dodge my Q's huh?

I'm not doubting you are serious. I'm taking issue with - inferring meeting only once will unequivocally be "Zero Issue". That = Doo-Doo. wink.png Reckless begging for a RFE doo - doo. yes.gif

Perhaps we need to skin the cat a different way = A 1 time meeting & no other ongoing relationship evidence will increase probability of additional scrutiny & possible fraud unit review & worse case = denial. Multiple trips to PI for the purpose of visiting fiancée decreases potential for increased scrutiny.

Does that phrasing suit you better? Stated differently but = the same.

Your idea = you build the poll. idea9dv.gif

ETA: Ah..you edited & answered. I need a moment to review.

Answering #2 - My op = Meeting just 1 time could draw extra scrutiny re; bona fide relationship. The solve = Build a good evidence of ongoing relationship packet & have it ready for interview.

Notice the word - COULD..? Any1 Any1..? (Ferris Buehler)

I will say it. Having met one time will have a zero percent chance of being the cause for someone to get turned down. And trying to convince these rookies it could is a disservice

As I have said many times as long as you are legal to get married, have clean records, you meet income requirements , in other words as long as you comply with all requirements you will not get turned down. Dragging to the interview itch 200 pictures and three notebooks of chat transcripts is absurd. My 2 cents

I will say it. Having met one time will have a zero percent chance of being the cause for someone to get turned down. And trying to convince these rookies it could is a disservice

As I have said many times as long as you are legal to get married, have clean records, you meet income requirements , in other words as long as you comply with all requirements you will not get turned down. Dragging to the interview itch 200 pictures and three notebooks of chat transcripts is absurd. My 2 cents

Why do you quote my post?

ETA:

Ah...I see now.

Well...you are not considering the entire context of my post = You are wrong.

Why? Reread my post for answer.

ETA again:

"A 1 time meeting & no other ongoing relationship evidence" = cliff note for you.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

P.S. Do you mind taking a few minutes to list "all requirements"....?

I'm particularly interested if any proof of a Bona Fide relationship....would be a factor.. from your POV.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I will say it. Having met one time will have a zero percent chance of being the cause for someone to get turned down. :thumbs: And trying to convince these rookies it could is a disservice (totally agree with you)

Exactly!! :thumbs: :thumbs:

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Exactly!! good.gifgood.gif

Two 2 year K-1 rookies agreeing to give reckless advice to newbies rolleyes.gif ....am I surprised...nope. no0pb.gif

& I will continue to offer a voice of prudence.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Two year rookies, the majority of the K-1'ers actual experience and the facts posted on the embassy website... ;) Versus the ranting of someone who's reality of the process is slightly out there.

I would not try to complete the visa process today using 5 year old methods ..... that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Must be morning in Texas!! Mornin' Crash! Getting wound up on your coffee yet?

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Two year rookies, the majority of the K-1'ers actual experience and the facts posted on the embassy website... wink.png Versus the ranting of someone who's reality of the process is slightly out there.

I would not try to complete the visa process today using 5 year old methods ..... that would be a disaster waiting to happen.

Must be morning in Texas!! Mornin' Crash! Getting wound up on your coffee yet?

Not taking the line today Hank. wink.png

Darnell's post just a few years back & red flag questions come up frequently...but I suppose you haven't seen them so that makes them non existent in your world.

BTW...what color is the sky in your world? Or ya haven't seen it today = not there anymore. wacko.png

(Morning to you too! I'm a 4ish in the morning riser = finished my coffee while you were still snoring grandpa)

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

"Darnell's post just a few years back & red flag questions come up frequently..."

And it was so relevant that it has been a constant topic since with VJ'ers continually mentioning the issues they are having at the embassy interview over having MET ONLY ONCE, plus it was such valuable information that they decided to PIN that info at the top.

BTW.... word is out they CLOSED Fantasy Island! Best change your travel plans.

fantasy-island.jpg

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.