Niblet

Help in rescheduling from Aug 19th fiasco..phones busy

59 posts in this topic

Hello everyone, I am not new to the site, but joined recently because i realized its where I should have been all along.

I will fill out and tell you my story soon, but i really need some help before I blow a gasket.ranting33va.gif

I sceduled (online) my fiancee for an interview for K-1 visa at the manila embassy for 19 Aug at 0730. She showed up and was handed a slip of paper and told to call back or go to the website to reschedule.

I have called the 214-571-1600 number every 3 seconds for the last several hours. (it is during the posted Philippine business hours) I used an auto dial app. on my smartphone.

I have NEVER gotten through on this line now or ANY other time I have called,,can someone pls tell me in laymans terms ####### is going on? what is this business about a number to call and get a "PIN" valid for 3 calls? what is this all about and why should I do that when I can supposedly just contact them from the USA directly using the 571-1600 number?

Iof course the website is useless, I enter my recepit number and it says its not valid,,( I am assuming it thinks I already had an interview and wants anothre receipt number,,,another fee)

Why is the US embassy so useless in such a simple scenario?

yes,,,,I am frustrated,,,Thanks for allowing me to vent

"Never Argue with an idiot, he will only bring you down to his level"

K1 Visa Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent :

I-129F NOA1 : 2013-03-20

I-129F NOA2 : 2013-07-28

Interview Date : 19 AUG 2013 cancelled due to flooding Sept 11 2013

Interview Result : Approved!

Visa Received : 18 Sept

US Entry : 26 Sept 2013

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 130 days from your NOA1 date.

Married 12-15-2013!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AOS- When I get the cash for it

A guy shouldnt have to go through all this hassle to bring a girl over

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

IMPORTANT NOTICE TO IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICANTS

Immigrant and Fiance(e) Visa applicants with previously scheduled appointments and who were affected by the recent inclement weather are encouraged to follow the recommended action outlined below:

If Your Original Appointment Date Was:

Monday, August 19: You will receive priority consideration for a walk-in appointment on Friday, August 23.

Tuesday, August 20 or Thursday, August 22: Contact our visa information service at 02 982-5555 or 02-902-8930 to schedule an appointment between Monday, August 26 and Wednesday, August 28.

If you are unable to reschedule your appointment and/or arrive at the U.S. Embassy on any of the above dates, please contact our visa information service at 02-982-5555 or 02-902-8930 to schedule an appointment for a date that matches your availability. The Visa Information and Appointment Service is open Monday through Friday, from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. (Manila time), except on Philippine and U.S. holidays. Please have your case number, passport number, and passport expiry date for each applicant (principal applicant and derivative family members) ready when requesting for a visa appointment, even if you already provided this information at an earlier date.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

I saw this,,,too bad its already noon there,,doubt if she'll make it,,they could've extend it to monday or all next week if they were smart,,but......

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I am not new to the site, but joined recently because i realized its where I should have been all along.

I will fill out and tell you my story soon, but i really need some help before I blow a gasket.ranting33va.gif

I sceduled (online) my fiancee for an interview for K-1 visa at the manila embassy for 19 Aug at 0730. She showed up and was handed a slip of paper and told to call back or go to the website to reschedule.

I have called the 214-571-1600 number every 3 seconds for the last several hours. (it is during the posted Philippine business hours) I used an auto dial app. on my smartphone.

I have NEVER gotten through on this line now or ANY other time I have called,,can someone pls tell me in laymans terms ####### is going on? what is this business about a number to call and get a "PIN" valid for 3 calls? what is this all about and why should I do that when I can supposedly just contact them from the USA directly using the 571-1600 number?

Iof course the website is useless, I enter my recepit number and it says its not valid,,( I am assuming it thinks I already had an interview and wants anothre receipt number,,,another fee)

Why is the US embassy so useless in such a simple scenario?

yes,,,,I am frustrated,,,Thanks for allowing me to vent

Hi. My schedule was also aug19, then yesterday thursday, they posted on their website and facebook that we should wait for further instructions on rescheduling our interview. So i keep on calling them. And i called them using the USA number, i am here in PH then i used free magic jack call. And after waiting and waiting i am instructed to go back at the embassy today 23rd without rescheduling and just have to present my old appointment letter. So i finished my interview today. I also got an email that instructs me to go back today. Check your email you got instructions too. I think she will still be prioritized on monday

01-04-2013: SENT I 129F PACKET

01-17-2013: NOA1 (VERMONT SERVICE CENTER)

05-28-2013: CASE TRANSFER FROM VSC TO TSC

07-02-2013: NOA2

07-26-2013: GOT MNL # THROUGH EMAIL (NVC)

08-08-2013: 1ST DAY OF MEDICAL AT SLEC (HOLIDAY THE NEXT DAY AND OVER THE WEEKEND)

08-12-2013: 2ND DAY FOR IMMUNIZATION (4 SHOTS)

08-19-2013: APPOINTMENT INTERVIEW / CANCELLED DUE TO SEVERE FLOOD

08-23-2013: RESCHEDULED INTERVIEW / PUT UNDER ADMINISTRATIVE REVIEW DUE TO MY J1 VISA BEFORE

CEAC STATUS CHECK AS OF 09-02-2013: STILL "READY" FOR THE INTERVIEW. NO CHANGE YET.

09-30-13: READY OPEN CASE

10-01-13: ADMINISTRATIVE PROCESSING

10-02-13: ISSUED

10-05-13: VISA ON HAND

10-16-13: POE HONOLULU HI

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/450009-k1-interview-got-a-221g-need-help/g

11-12-13: GOT MARRIED!

12-17-13: SENT AOS PACKET (EXPRESS MAIL TO CHICAGO)

12-20-13: DELIVERED

12-23-13: NOA 1

1-28-13: SCHEDULED BIOMETRICS

Hi. My schedule was also aug19, then yesterday thursday, they posted on their website and facebook that we should wait for further instructions on rescheduling our interview. So i keep on calling them. And i called them using the USA number, i am here in PH then i used free magic jack call. And after waiting and waiting i am instructed to go back at the embassy today 23rd without rescheduling and just have to present my old appointment letter. So i finished my interview today. I also got an email that instructs me to go back today. Check your email you got instructions too. I think she will still be prioritized on monday

What "USA number " did you call? the line is busy,,,even redialing every 3 seconds for over an hour,,,I need a good number

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

She went back to the Embassy Friday afternoon but was told that they are closed,,she never received an email or a call from the embassy,,,what an organized bunch they are,,as long as they have been doing this you would think they could get this right,,I guess I will wait until Monday

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

She went back to the Embassy Friday afternoon but was told that they are closed,,she never received an email or a call from the embassy,,,what an organized bunch they are,,as long as they have been doing this you would think they could get this right,,I guess I will wait until Monday

Sir, with all do respect. They are human like you and I. These are difficult times with all the flooding that took place. I suggest that you give them a little courtesy as they seem to be keeping the public informed each step of the way with postings on their website and also Facebook.

Refer to Hank's posting with the step by step instructions of what to do. It has current phone numbers and instructions on what to do.

Relax.....you'll get through this. Good luck with your journey.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Sir, with all do respect. They are human like you and I. These are difficult times with all the flooding that took place. I suggest that you give them a little courtesy as they seem to be keeping the public informed each step of the way with postings on their website and also Facebook.

Refer to Hank's posting with the step by step instructions of what to do. It has current phone numbers and instructions on what to do.

Relax.....you'll get through this. Good luck with your journey.

With all due respect to you,, the phone number listed in Hanks posting is WRONG,,when is the last time any of you have tried it,,I am simply asking for the correct number and no one here seems to be able to help.

yet everyone says "I called them blah blah blah,,," well I am simply asking WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU PEOPLE USING?" its a simple question really,,,,

in respose to your statement about embassy staff,,,,well human or not they dropped the ball on my petition,,,,they admitted to not contacting my fiancee on thursday so she could be in line early friday AM.

and they refused to reschedule her saying that the embassy will be contacting her,,,,just another run-around,,,,the embassy itself doesnt flood,,, so I will not make excuses for these people

I want results

THE NUMBER 214-571-1600 doesnt work!!! its constatntly busy,,,,meaning its not a working number,so what number should I be calling from the USA?? just a simple question

I know I seem to come across as not being nice,,but I am really stressed here and I am asking for help from people who are in this process right now,,I am just venting not at the fellow forum members but the situation as it stands

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

With all due respect to you,, the phone number listed in Hanks posting is WRONG,,when is the last time any of you have tried it,,I am simply asking for the correct number and no one here seems to be able to help.

yet everyone says "I called them blah blah blah,,," well I am simply asking WHAT NUMBER ARE YOU PEOPLE USING?" its a simple question really,,,,

in respose to your statement about embassy staff,,,,well human or not they dropped the ball on my petition,,,,they admitted to not contacting my fiancee on thursday so she could be in line early friday AM.

and they refused to reschedule her saying that the embassy will be contacting her,,,,just another run-around,,,,the embassy itself doesnt flood,,, so I will not make excuses for these people

I want results

THE NUMBER 214-571-1600 doesnt work!!! its constatntly busy,,,,meaning its not a working number,so what number should I be calling from the USA?? just a simple question

I know I seem to come across as not being nice,,but I am really stressed here and I am asking for help from people who are in this process right now,,I am just venting not at the fellow forum members but the situation as it stands

What makes you think that just because YOU can't get through the number is not working. Your calling a third world country and phone systems are a challenge to begin with. There are hundreds like you that are trying to get through. Many find themselves in the SAME situation that you are in. It's not about YOU. Have some civility and maybe some folks here will help. I for one WILL not. I think you are arrogant and you think the world should revolve around you. Good luck with that.

Spoiler

Adjustment of Status

AOS March 5, 2014 Submitted AOS with EAD/AP package to Chicago USICS

Delivered March 8, 2014 AOS packaged delivered to USCIS drop box

Accepted March 19, 2014 Text message with receipt numbers

Biometrics April 16, 2014 Biometrics completed

EAD May 23, 2014 Employment Authorization Document approved and went to card production

TD May 23, 2014 Travel Document approved and went for card production

Receipt EAD/AP May 30, 2014 Received combo card EAD/AP

Green Card Approved July 11, 2014 Approved, no interview. Went to card production.

Green Card received July 17, 2014 GC received without interview

Removal of Conditions

Mailed I-751 Dec 16, 2015 Submitted ROC (removal of conditions)

Received Dec 18, 2015 USPS notification of successful delivery

Check Cashed Dec 21, 2015 Check was cashed

NOA-1 Issued Dec 21, 2015 NOA-1 for ROC issued

NOA-1 Issued Dec 26, 2015 NOA-1 Received

Biometrics Appt. Jan 29, 2016 Biometrics Appointment Scheduled [Completed]

Timeline

I want results

You are certainly correct...you are coming across as not being nice !!!

We all get stressed over the Visa process, it is complicated and intimidating.....but being a jerk will not get you very far !!!

You can be stressed and still be nice at the same time....we are all here to help, but appreciate it, don't abuse the efforts of others....

Just my own personal thoughts and opinions !!!

cjmc

From what I understand, Monday is a Holiday.....

cjmc

What makes you think that just because YOU can't get through the number is not working. Your calling a third world country and phone systems are a challenge to begin with. There are hundreds like you that are trying to get through. Many find themselves in the SAME situation that you are in. It's not about YOU. Have some civility and maybe some folks here will help. I for one WILL not. I think you are arrogant and you think the world should revolve around you. Good luck with that.

Apparently you didnt read my post,,,I have a program on my smartphone that auto dials a busy number, I set it up to dial every 3 seconds and ring me when it was answered,,I set the phone next to me for well over an hour.

All it did was get a busy signal,,,,there is NO WAY that many people are calling in that fast,,,I'm not buying it. I have called this number at 2 in the AM still busy,,,Sir the number doesnt work,,plain and simple ok?

I know this isnt about me,,,we are all in this together,,,i will get throught this and when I'm done I will share my experiences in a write up,,to SHARE with the rest of the forum,

You claim I am arrogant? yet you admitted to having the info I need but are intentionally with holding it? are you serious?? and your calling me arrogant? you live in Raleigh?too bad I dont live in Greensboro anymore,,we could've met up so you can see how arrogant I am in person!

This unreal,,,,I am asking a simple question and am getting nothing but attitude

Edited by Niblet

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Timeline

The notice to go back on Friday was already up by 8/20. You had at least 1-2 days reasonable advance notice to plan to go back on Friday.

Walk-ins for missed 8/19 appointments are (were) limited to Friday (normally a non-interview day), and not Monday or any other day people so choose to return. The people who had 8/20 & 8/22 appointments have only a 3-day window to make up their missed appointments, otherwise they are going back into the regular queue. These things are all being done in an effort to stay organized.and avoid disrupting future apointments.

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

The notice to go back on Friday was already up by 8/20. You had at least 1-2 days reasonable advance notice to plan to go back on Friday.

Walk-ins for missed 8/19 appointments are (were) limited to Friday (normally a non-interview day), and not Monday or any other day people so choose to return. The people who had 8/20 & 8/22 appointments have only a 3-day window to make up their missed appointments, otherwise they are going back into the regular queue. These things are all being done in an effort to stay organized.and avoid disrupting future apointments.

thanks for some sound advice,,,,however the embassy emailed those fiancees who missed the 8/19 appt and they failed to notify my fiancee.

yes i suppose i could have been mor vigilant in watching the website,,but they did fail to contact her

K1 Visa Event Date

I-129F Sent :

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I want results

There are also the local numbers that I COPY/PASTED with the notice from the embassy website. Maybe have your fiancée try calling.

The 214-571-1600 being busy doesn't mean it doesn't work... it means.... its busy! There are hundreds of people just like you trying to get rescheduled. Just like very one else you will have to keep trying until you get through.

Have your tried to log onto your account and reschedule online?

You may not be venting at the VJ folks... but seriously .... we are the only ones here.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.