beautifulplaces

i134 - Beneficiary has investment income to support self

2 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Just getting everything together for the Packet 3. My fiance (the US citizen) has an income of around $21 000 but we only have 1 tax document to prove this because he earns this income self-employed and has only been self-employed for the last year and a half so previous tax returns seem irrelevant. He was also unemployed for a period before he became self-employed so those previous tax returns wouldn't be very helpful anyway.

I have an income of around $24 000 from investments in Australia due to an inheritance, mostly various bank accounts. Even though this income is in Australia, it is an income I will still receive and access while in the USA and can therefore support myself legally without work when that's necessary.

Does anyone have any experience with this kind of situation? What is the best way to present my income in the Packet 3?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers,

Jess

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I do not know if Australia takes the beneficiary's income/assets into account for the finances. If the USC petitioner is self-employed and the household size is only 2, you and him, then $21,000 is enough. If that is the amount that shows on line 22 of his 2012 1040 tax form, then he should meet the requirement. Along with a complete copy of his 2012 tax return, which is all forms, schedules, 1099s and any W-2s, he could also provide check stubs or bank statements showing his business deposits. If he has quarterly profit/loss statements, then use those.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.