27 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I was wondering if anyone here filed DCF in Manila lately, and how long did it take for approval? I'm only asking because the cases I can find have been getting approval from 3 days to 2 weeks since Feb. of this year. I've even read some 1 day approvals (has to be the exception, for sure). I know time of year plays an important part of the speed of the process and it seems with the recent closings because of flooding that maybe I've hit the "slow time". I've e-mailed USCIS and IVManila and I've only gotten back a "minimum of 3 months for processing" from USCIS. Seems like avery generic "cover our ###" reply.

I'm interested if anyone who has filed late July, or early August has gotten quick approvals?

Thank you

Hi there,

I filed the I-130 for my husband july 15th and still waiting for the approval. They needed additional papers so that made the process longer. I call every week just to see if there's changes, and yes i get the response of "it takes about 2-3 months processing", getting antsy since i've read that people were approved as early as 3 days or in a week.. Hoping for the approval soon, God willing.

Anyways good luck.. Hope that our I-130 will be approve soon!.

Please post if yours got approved.

Thanks! :)

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

I am the USC. My husband and i will be going to the USE on fri aug 30 to get a start on this whole thing. Anyone. Is this the previously mentioned "slow time"?

I know its a long shot, but im thinking positively... and hoping that we could start the new year in the US.

Edited by mydogatemypurse

Timeline

Unfortunately, the DCF section doesn't seem to be "very" active like the K1 and CR-1/IR-1 section. I've also got a post on livingincebuforums.com and received some good feedback there. For instance, people getting a petition approval in one day to 3 days. I was told, however that if you file for a spouse AND their child that it's more complicated and can slow things down. I'm in that category and I'm hoping it's just smoke and we can still get approved quickly. I'll make sure to update whenever I find anything out from USCIS (anything besides 2-3 months BS) or IVManilareplies.

Wow! Ive got my fingers crossed for both of us!!

please keep in touch on how your filing goes:) Goodluck in advance upon applying for the I-130.

bullet_blue.pngDCF Filing:

Dec. 08 - MET MY HUSBAND TO BE luv.gif

Jan. 18, 2009 - Love. heart.gif

July 10, 2013 -" I DO"rose.gifheart.gifluv.gif

July 15, 2013 - Filed I-130 petition for husband. (DCF)

July 17, 2013 - Received a call from USCIS for RFE.

July 19, 2013 - Sent additional evidence via air21.

* Basically called atleast 2x a week for the month of July/August to check the status of my husband's petition

9-10-13 - ( 2nd month wedding monthsarry ) Recieved an email stating petition APPROVED on 09SEP13!!!!dancin5hr.gif

9-13-13 - Called IV Manila & lady was super nice, checked husband's petition, was told to call back Monday for case#.!

9-17-13 - Got the MNL case number!!! completed the DS-260 form& sent an email.dancin5hr.gif

9-30-13 - Medical: Day 1

10-1-13 - Medical : Day 2 Husband PASSED!!!

10-22-13 - INTERVIEW!!! APPROVED& CEAC STATUS :ISSUED!!!!! WOHOOO!! GOD IS GREAT!! THANK U PAPA GOD!

10-26-13 - VISA ON HAND!!!!! HORAAAY!!! THANK YOU PAPA GOD!!!

1-14-14 - POE LAX

Timeline

Wow! Ive got my fingers crossed for both of us!!

I would recommend reading my post about what I took to file, Proof of Residency wise. I read occurrences of people not needing much besides an ACR I-card and some where they wanted ACR I-card with Lease, bills, ownership and lots of stuff. My lease was notarized, but I'm not sure it matters. If you're filing for a step child then make sure you have copies of proof of residence for BOTH petitions.

Also, they didn't take the list of living relatives or the list of foreign countries I've visited. They gave me a PDF document when I emailed USCIS with what they wanted and that was in the PDF, but the lady would not take it..AND she also did not want 2x2 photos of the child. Make sure to have extra certified copies of birth certificates and marriage certificates. Be prepared. Good luck!

Timeline

Just called USCIS this morning (10am) and the lady picked up and she asked me when I filed the petition. I told her Aug 14 and she responded "Oh, this month". She then said wait a moment and came back and said "This was for wife and step-child?", I said "That's right." and she said "the petitions were approved yesterday afternoon."

She then told me about the forms in the mail and how it was sent downstairs and could take a week.

So that is 4 total working days for approval. Yay!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Wow that was fast! I didn't know you can file

Directly at the embassy, i guess the process is fast if you are citizen?

I-130 (California Service Center)

Category: F2A (Philippines)

Priority Date: August 28, 2013

2013-01-03: Married

2013-08-26: I-130 Sent

2013-08-28: I-130 Received

2013-09-05: NOA-1

2013-09-11: NOA1 (Hard copy)

2013-10-02: NOA2 approved (SMS and email from USCIS)

2013-10-08: NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

2013-10-15: NVC received the case.

2013-10-24: Received Case number, IIN, Beneficiary number, AOS invoiced & sent DS-261.

2013-10-31: Paid AOS fee.

2013-11-01: Received IV invoiced and Paid it as well.

2013-11-02: AOS fee status changed to paid.

2013-11-07: IV Fee status changed to PAID & sent DS-260.

2013-11-18: AOS Docs & IV docs sent together thru DHL

2013-11-20: NVC received the AOS and IV documents.

2013-11-21: NVC confirmed that they received the documents

****Awaiting for Case complete***

Timeline

Did you get to file your petition? If you did - did you try calling and find out if you're approved yet?

I am the USC. My husband and i will be going to the USE on fri aug 30 to get a start on this whole thing. Anyone. Is this the previously mentioned "slow time"?

I know its a long shot, but im thinking positively... and hoping that we could start the new year in the US.

Did you get to file your petition? If you did - did you try calling and find out if you're approved yet?

Rescheduled for tomorrow (friday) due to some work obligations. But im awake now because i am so excited i cant sleep! Hahaha... been printing and typing and thinking about things all day...

congrats on your approval!!!! Thats wonderful!!

Were you able to file the petition? If so, what types of evidence did you need for proof of residency?

Had to resched again for Monday (Sept 9) and yesterday we got it in. :) It was such a good feeling to get that taken care of and pay for it.

my proof of residency included college transcripts and certificates of employment for the jobs I have had over the last couple years. (I moved here as a teenager, so I have plenty of paperwork)

I wanna start calling but I know I'll sound crazy saying "hi.. I submitted yesterday...are we approved??"

When did you start calling?

Timeline

We filed on a Wednesday and I called and emailed USCIS on that Friday. I had to wait the next week because of flooding and holidays. It took them 5 working days to approve the petition. After you get an approval from USCIS they will need to forward the petition to Immigrant Visa section which can take 3-5 normally. At that point, just keep calling both USCIS and IV to check statuses.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.