Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  

I-129f and g-325a questions

2 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

I'm filing for a K1 Fiance Visa for my fiance in Malaysia. We're filling out the above forms at present. My fiance was not legally married to her first husband but just had a traditional Indian ceremony. Therefore there are no records of them being married or separated; he left her. My fiance then married another man who she was legally married to but he filed for divorce and now they are legally divorced; we have all the documentation for this. My first question is, should we list the first marriage even though they weren't legally married and no documentation of marriage or divorce? There were children by the first marriage but they have either died or are out of the house on their own and my fiance has no legal responsibility for them.

My second question is about filling out form G-325a. We're required to list my fiance's Mother and Father, their date of birth and death. We have no record of either or what these dates are. My fiance's relationship with her mother and father was very difficult so she has no knowledge of these dates or even where to find them. Will this lack of this info cause problems for us in the petition process? Should I seek an immigration lawyer in my case? Thanks for any help you can give.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

If she was not legally married, then you would not list it as a marriage. Just provide the information on her legal marriage and copy of her divorce decree. As for listing the children, I am not sure, to be honest. You could list her children, and if they are deceased, leave the address part blank and perhaps explain they are deceased in the cover letter or an attachment sheet. The children listed on the I-129F are not required to apply for anything later and does not mean they will accompany her.

Any information not known about the parents, just put Unknown. If they are deceased, put deceased where it asks for their city and country of residence.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > http://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ%20-%20Ciudad%20Juarez.pdf

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.