loran

NOA2 July 28th e-mail/ text NO NOA2 in the mail. What happened?

14 posts in this topic

As the topic says, there is a group of us that received a notification via e-mail and text on the 28th of July about our I129f being approved already and sent the notification in the mail that day, but as of today August 21st 2013, we have not yet received the NOA2 letter in the mail yet.

Any Ideas of what could have happened?

Do you think that as it was Sunday, and usually the Postal service does not work on Sundays they forgot to actually place it in the mail box to be delivered and is sitting somewhere in the TSC facility?

Or did they ever print the letters out?

Definitely there is something going on ranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gif

event.png
event.png

event.png

As the topic says, there is a group of us that received a notification via e-mail and text on the 28th of July about our I129f being approved already and sent the notification in the mail that day, but as of today August 21st 2013, we have not yet received the NOA2 letter in the mail yet.

Any Ideas of what could have happened?

Do you think that as it was Sunday, and usually the Postal service does not work on Sundays they forgot to actually place it in the mail box to be delivered and is sitting somewhere in the TSC facility?

Or did they ever print the letters out?

Definitely there is something going on ranting33va.gifprotest6wz.gif

Congrats!! It can take 30days to recieve NOA2 hardcopy if takes more than 30days thn you can call them. nd if you call them now they will tell you the samething to wait 30days!!

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In the boat as you, as you know. I called today to just verify they had my address correct since we were also transferred to Texas..Didnt have any problems with receiving mail while in Vermont. They said they couldn't access any personal information. Then I asked to speak to a Tier 2 and they said there is no such thing as a Tier 2 ! Seriously ?? USCIS is absolutely worthless to call. I also spoke with the DOS and they even said things are taking longer than usual to receive at NVC. I was hoping to find a direct number for Texas Service Center, if anyone has that number, please post or PM me..

i wonder why its taking so long!! i received mine less than a week after it was approved. What do they say when you call..

In the boat as you, as you know. I called today to just verify they had my address correct since we were also transferred to Texas..Didnt have any problems with receiving mail while in Vermont. They said they couldn't access any personal information. Then I asked to speak to a Tier 2 and they said there is no such thing as a Tier 2 ! Seriously ?? USCIS is absolutely worthless to call. I also spoke with the DOS and they even said things are taking longer than usual to receive at NVC. I was hoping to find a direct number for Texas Service Center, if anyone has that number, please post or PM me..

Ok guys I have news. I called USCIS this afternoon and asked for a tier2 and they told me the same story of 30 days... But the tier2 just called me back and she said I am the first person that says that has not received the NOA2 in the mail, and she asked me why I had not called them before and I told her how difficult it is to be transferred to a tier2. All she said was wow! I also referred to the visajourney forum and that there are so many people that were sent the electronic notice on the 28th that have not yet received the letter.

She explained to me that it may be difficult for TSC to send the letter again since they have sent it to the NVC already and they do not have my file anymore. She also told me to contact DOS and ask them if they can send me a copy of the NOA2, of course when they have received it already...

So guys if you have not called USCIS waiting like me for the 30th day please do so... That is a lie and we may request for service whenever we need to.

event.png
event.png

event.png

Timeline

Thats pretty funny that they denied even having a Tier 2 when i called today and the Tier 2 was wondering why nobody else has called about not receiving their NOA2. i will be calling in the morning and I will not be so nice this time..What a joke this USCIS is !!

Thats pretty funny that they denied even having a Tier 2 when i called today and the Tier 2 was wondering why nobody else has called about not receiving their NOA2. i will be calling in the morning and I will not be so nice this time..What a joke this USCIS is !!

Good luck Tom! I hope this has served for something. I feel so frustrated and tired of the system, and the processing procedures, and the lies, and the wait!

But suddenly things will clear up!

Call USCIS at 1(800) 375-5283 but do not select any language just wait, it will transfer you to a tier1 and then ask them you need to speak to a tier2. They will say to you that you need to wait 30 days, but tell them you are aware of this but that you need to speak to a tier 2 representative to see if they can tell you what has happened.

Do not take a no! Try to be nice but don't let them tell you what to do. It is a service you are entitled to and you need to have this issue resolved.

When you are on the line it may say that you need to wait 200 minutes like me :/ but tell the machine you want the rep. to call you back when is your turn, and they will take long but they will answer you. Then explain to them the situation and ask them please to help you out!

Good luck!

I know this is a lot but hey! There is nothing good that is really easy! :D

event.png
event.png

event.png

Wow, finally they called you.

I'm glad to know that there is a record of a NOA2.

I was afraid they were going to say the text was in error...

They are a mess, we pay all this $$$ and the service is terrible...

Best wishes to all of us..

Our Journey---Met Online in 2011

Met in Person in 2011

Got Engaged May 2012

Mar 17,2013: Service Center ~ Vermont I-129F Packet sent

Mar 19, 2013: I-129F Packet Rec'd by USCIS

Mar 21, 2013: NOA1

Mar 28, 2013: Alien Number Changed/Assigned

Jul 10, 2013: Case Transferred from Vermont to Texas Service Center (Text 7/10 - E-mail 7/10)

Jul 13, 2013: Transfer Hard Copy

RFE: "NONE" Thank you Lord.

July 25, 2013: Petition Approved (Text 7/25 ~ Email 7/25)

Aug 01, 2013: NOA2 Hard Copy

Aug 15, 2013: Sent to NVC (Text 8/16 ~ Email 8/16)

Aug 22, 2013: NVC Rec'd and Case Number Assigned Same Day

Aug 26, 2013: "In Transit" Status DOS Site ~ Sent Electronically

Aug 27, 2013: "Ready" Status on DOS site (Rec'd by Consulate) Waiting for Interview Date to be scheduled!

September 3, 2013: Interview Date Assigned "12/10/2013"

Blessings to everyone on this journey and any journey in the future! goofy.gif

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I wonder if now that you spoke with a Tier 2 and they are aware that many people are in this same situation, they will look into whats going on on all our behalf. We should all call and speak to a Tier 2 today, then maybe they will act.

Wow, finally they called you.

I'm glad to know that there is a record of a NOA2.

I was afraid they were going to say the text was in error...

They are a mess, we pay all this $$$ and the service is terrible...

Best wishes to all of us..

Yes, finally! I even thought they were not going to call back, at least not yesterday, and I was surprised when my phone rang last night at 8:19pm.

I hope they do something, because things will get a little difficult later without that letter.

event.png
event.png

event.png

I wonder if now that you spoke with a Tier 2 and they are aware that many people are in this same situation, they will look into whats going on on all our behalf. We should all call and speak to a Tier 2 today, then maybe they will act.

Tom & Cherry Ann, that's right everyone that is facing the same situation should call today and speak to a tier2! I mean, if we don't complain there is no one going to do anything to help us.

Good luck to all of us!

event.png
event.png

event.png

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We got approved on July 26th, they didnt send an NOA2 hardcopy by mail yet, my fiance called and they said he can only call back on October 7th after 30 days in the sytem, which doesnt make sense because he called mid August I dont understand how October 7th is 30 days after mid August. I wish I could call and demand to speak to a Tier 2 officer but they dont want to talk to the beneficiary :(

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=5d83d0438c947210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=8c932376a3e5e210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

If you look at this site, you will see Tier 1 are just contractors, not really USCIS employees. They are 3rd party call center employees which means their performance could be affected if you ask for supervisors (in their case, Tier 2) which is why they try to "de-escalate" your concern. Their call transfer to Tier 2 could take more than 20 mins which will severely affect their productivity of calls handled. As the site says, theres only 150 USCIS immigration officers (Tier 2) in 2 sites. Thats not a lot of manpower. This is why they are pointless to talk to until you yell at them or be really firm that you want Tier 2. I was in the call center business and this was how things worked.

Edited by iammrsregi

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

I emailed the TSC asking them to re-send my NoA2, that I never got it in the mail. The TSC then sent me a letter and the NoA2 about a month later.

I also emailed the USCIS Headquarters, and bugged the USCIS Tier 2 Reps. I was calling every couple weeks, until I got it.

Just keep bugging them. When you call and speak with a Tier 1 Rep, remember that you have to give them your info so they can pull up your file.

~ Don't forget to 'Vote Up' useful advice from others ~

K1 Visa Journey [April 11, 2013 - August 31, 2014]
[2014-09-20] !!! WEDDING !!!
[2014-09-22] Applied for SSN
[2014-09-26] Marriage License in Snail Mail
[2014-10-22] Notification of SSC in mail, will arrive "within 2 weeks"
[2014-10-27] SSC Arrived!

2015-04-30] Mailed AOS Package!
[2015-06-16] EAD Approved!
[2015-06-16] AP Approved!
[2015-06-23] EAD/AP Card Received!

[2015-10-02] AOS Approved (No Interview)!

[2015-10-07] Greencard Mailed

[2015-10-09] Approval Notice Recieved

[2015-10-09] Greencard Recieved!

I used RapidVisa for my petition; a paperwork service. A K1 is $375.00 to use their hassle-free online application system.

Useful Links:
Igor's List | Advanced Search Tool | Q&A With a Former USCIS Adjudicator
Visa Status Checker (Once you get a Case # from NVC) | Offical USCIS Reasons for a K1 Denial

The advice offered by this user is not legal advice. You should contact an attorney to obtain legal advice.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.