sportsfanmohan

n400 decision cannot be made

9 posts in this topic

Yesterday, i had my citizenship interview at the SFO office. I passed the english and civics test. My IO asked me if i had gone by any other name. I said no. She then pointed to me that on my state driver's license there was a space in between my first name i.e instead of "abcxyz" it was "abc xyz"

At the end she stated that a decision cannot be made yet and i will be mailed. She did not give me any information. Can anyone advise what would i have to do and is there something i would have to find out?

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Yesterday, i had my citizenship interview at the SFO office. I passed the english and civics test. My IO asked me if i had gone by any other name. I said no. She then pointed to me that on my state driver's license there was a space in between my first name i.e instead of "abcxyz" it was "abc xyz"

At the end she stated that a decision cannot be made yet and i will be mailed. She did not give me any information. Can anyone advise what would i have to do and is there something i would have to find out?

Citizenship is a very important part of the game and guys sitting there to inspect the docs are very precise. You should go to the DMV right away and get a confirmation where it should state clearly your name - your last name and if they have any record of your middle name they should mention on that document. tell them your story and make them state we don't have any middle name for you in their records, if there is none.

can you please share your timeline, like?

N400:

Sent to CSC: ? (

Received date: ?

Check Cashed date: ?

NOA date: ?

Fingerprints date: ?

Interview Letter date: ?

Interview date: ?

Oath date: ?

N400:

Right now they have not asked me for any documents or evidence. Is this something that i should do irrespective and get it done. I suspect this could be the only reason. The IO did not give me any other reason.

Sent to CSC: 14-Jun-2013

Received date: 15-Jun-2013
Check Cashed date: 18-Jun-2013
NOA date:
Fingerprints date: 06-Jul-2013
Interview Letter date: 11-Jul-2013
Interview date: 20-Aug-2013

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

N400:

Right now they have not asked me for any documents or evidence. Is this something that i should do irrespective and get it done. I suspect this could be the only reason. The IO did not give me any other reason.

Sent to CSC: 14-Jun-2013

Received date: 15-Jun-2013

Check Cashed date: 18-Jun-2013

NOA date:

Fingerprints date: 06-Jul-2013

Interview Letter date: 11-Jul-2013

Interview date: 20-Aug-2013

Yes if I was you I would do this asap. That is 100% the reason. A friend of mine got detained at a port of entry just because her middle name were missing on her driving license she had it correct on her passport still they have stopped her and she were their guest for 3 hours before they let her know.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

You accepted a driver's license with a typo in your name? Don't do that with your certificate of citizenship, will cost you another 400 bucks and another 6-12 month wait.

Crazy state of Illinois hired a bunch of illiterates to convert typed birth certificates to their data base. Replacement birth certificate was loaded with typos, took me three months with a whole bunch of other evidence to get that corrected. Government idiots don't make mistakes, only you do.

I just received a case status update message and email that we placed your application in the oath scheduling que. We will send a notice when the ceremony is scheduled. I also noticed that on the website it shows the circle for Oath Ceremony Blued.

Thanks..so it seems that the IO had a query on my name and passed it on to supervisor who seemed to have understood the typo and probably approved it. While researching i did see a redacted public version of Adjudicators Field Manual on what all questions they need to ask (step by step) on the USCIS website. On section 74.2 it seems to mention that the IO needs to run by the supervisor if he/she notices a name discrepancy. http://www.uscis.gov/ilink/docView/AFM/HTML/AFM/0-0-0-1/0-0-0-16688/0-0-0-16751/0-0-0-17135.html may be helpful for folks who want to review if they have any questions.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats!

NATURALIZATION
07-03-2013: Eligible to file
07-22-2013: Application sent (Delivered: 07-24-13)
08-05-2013: NOA1 received (Priority date: 07-24-13, Check cashed: 07-29-13)
08-22-2013: Biometrics (Received: 08-06-13, Walk-in: 08-08-13)
09-03-2013: Inline for interview (Yellow letter received: 10-23-13)
11-04-2013: Interview scheduled (Received: 11-09-13)
12-12-2013: Interview (Approved)
01-03-2014: Oath ceremony, passport application and passport received

DONE!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.