so_confused

I-134 question

5 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Can anyone help me ?

Question 8 on I-134 : That the following person is dependent upon me for support.... - does my husband need to put my name there as his spouse ? We don't really understand what this question means.

Question 11 : That I intend to make special contributions to the support of the person named in item 3 (that means me, his wife).... Does he need to answer this?

Thanks a lot, I couldn't find any directions on filling out this form.

Daniela

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Can anyone help me ?

Question 8 on I-134 : That the following person is dependent upon me for support.... - does my husband need to put my name there as his spouse ? We don't really understand what this question means.

Question 11 : That I intend to make special contributions to the support of the person named in item 3 (that means me, his wife).... Does he need to answer this?

Daniela

I don't have the form in front of me right now, but 11 is the one where it gives examples like room, board, cash, ect, right? I think they do still want you to answer that, even for a K3, and I am trying to find the right wording for it to reinforce the fact that I care about my wife and intend to care for and support her every need during our whole life together (and even hers beyond mine, if that's how the cards play out). It's a pretty silly question for legit families like us, so I consider it an opportunity to show them how I feel about my wife and brag about how well I've tried to prepare for having someone in my life for whom I choose to be responsible to nuture, protect, and cherish. Even if they're not looking for a "real" answer there, I'd take the opportunity to make your case that much nicer. :) My statement would, of course, also still address the question and make sure they know I will be caring for her material, emotional, and spiritual needs (even though all they seem to care about is material). How to fit all this concisely on two lines is the devil of a trick that I'm trying to win ;)

I can't remember 8 off the top of my head (is that that grid? that confused me too), so I'll not even try to guess so i don't mess you up. ttyl,

mich

Let me show you how to get your tax returns the easy way

aussiewench's thread for kicking butt in the NVC ('cause i'm too lazy to keep looking it up - haha)

Our DS-3032 email to the NVC

02 Jan 2006 - Married

...----===::: CR-1 :::===---...

22 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

14 Jul 2006 - DS-230 Package Received by USC

We stopped pursuit of CR-1 to pursue K3/AOS. For us, both required the same document, we could only have one valid copy, and the K3 was moving faster.

See profile for the details up to and in between the events listed here.

...---===::: K3 :::===---...

17 May 2006 - Date NVC says petition shipped to embassy

18 May 2006 - Case # Assigned @ NVC

01 Jul 2006 - Packet "3" received from embassy

18 Jul 2006 - Medical

21 Sept 2006 - K3 Interview Date (APPROVED)

27 Sept 2006 - Received Visa

06 Oct 2006 - Arrives in the USA! Finally home together. :)

(Truncated timeline - sig too long. See profile for all details.)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Can anyone help me ?

Daniela

My husband put my name on question 8 (being his wife) and he answered question 11 the same way phyrephly told you to answer

Good Luck

Maria

Got married in Killeen, Texas on April 27 2004

*°K-3 Visa°*

Oct 12 2005 - Sent I-130 to NSC

Oct 24 2005 - NOA 1

Nov 7 2005 - Sent I-129F to Chicago

Nov 9 2005 - NOA 1

Dec 5 2005 - NOA 2 - I-129F Approved!!! (28 days)

Dec 13 2005 - Application Forwarded to NVC

Dec 16 2005 - Application received by the Consulate in Italy

Jan 4 2006 - Packet 3

Jan 10 2006 - Sent "Applicant's Statement" to Naples

Jan 27 2006 - Packet 4

Feb 22 2006 - Medical and Interview

Feb 22 2006 - Interview... APPROVED Got the Visa!!!

Mar 2 2006 - I-130 case *touched*

Mar 6 2006 - RFE for the I-130 (Marriage Certificate)

Mar 14 2006 - Sent RFE to CSC

Mar 21 2006 - RFE received by CSC

Mar 30 2006 - Detroit POE - Got the I-94

Mar 31 2006 - I-130 NOA 2 - APPROVED!!! (170 days)

*°AOS°*

Mar 31 2006 - I-765 sent to Chicago

Apr 5 2006 - I-765 NOA1

Apr 7 2006 - Vaccination Supplement appt. in Cleveland

Apr 13 2006 - EAD Biometrics Appointment Letter

Apr 18 2006 - EAD Biometrics in Pittsburg

Apr 22 2006 - I-485 sent to Chicago lockbox

Apr 28 2006 - I-485 NOA1

May 3 2006 - EAD Approved!! (33 days)

May 5 2006 - EAC received (NOA2)

May 5 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment Letter

May 8 2006 - Applied for Social Security Number

May 11 2006 - AOS Biometrics Appointment in Pittsburgh

May 18 2006 - Social Security Card arrived in the mail

May 18 2006 - Interview Appointment Letter

May 31 2006 - Flew back to Italy

Jun 24 2006 - I-485 *touched*

Filed: Timeline

Daniela,

No your husband does not list you in question #8 - you are already provided for in question #3.

Many people successfully answer this question with 'N/A' (based on history - past versions of the form). I prefer to answer something like 'I will provide food, clothing, housing, and pay all other expenses.'

Yodrak

Can anyone help me ?

Daniela

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.