hikergirl

USCIS Notification of an Incorrect Expiration Date on Your Permanent Resident Card

9 posts in this topic

We received e-mails today with the above subject line. Here is the body with specific instruction for returning or exchanging the cards:

We regret to inform you that the Permanent Resident Card that you received has an incorrect expiration date. As a result, we need you to return your Permanent Resident Card and we will provide you with a new Permanent Resident Card with the correct expiration date.

IMPORTANT NOTE

1. Returning your Permanent Resident Card to USCIS to receive a replacement card does not affect your conditional permanent resident status;

2. While you are waiting to receive or pick up your new Permanent Resident Card, the temporary I-551 stamp in your passport provides proof of your conditional permanent resident status in the United States;

3. You will not be charged a fee to receive a new correct card; and

4. You do not need to file a Form I-90, Application to Replace Permanent Resident Card, to receive your corrected Permanent Resident Card.

How to Obtain a New Permanent Resident Card with the Correct Expiration Date

We have identified you as having received a Permanent Resident Card with an incorrect expiration date. You have two options for how to exchange your card.

Please reply to this e-mail by DATE to let us know which option you prefer to use to exchange your Permanent Resident Card:

1. Exchange your Permanent Resident Card by mail. This is the fastest processing option and you should receive your new card within 5-7 days after we receive your current card. Please confirm your current mailing address when you reply to this e-mail. We will then provide you with the address of where you need to mail your card. We encourage you to return your card to the address provided by USCIS as soon as possible. If you want to ensure that USCIS has received your incorrect card, please mail the card by certified mail or another type of mail that will allow you to confirm delivery to USCIS in a timely fashion. Upon receipt of your current card, USCIS will issue you a new card and send it to your current mailing address.

2. Exchange your Permanent Resident Card in person. If you choose not to receive your new card by mail, USCIS can send your new card to an Application Support Center (ASC) for you to pick up in person. This option will take longer because it requires USCIS to pre-package and sort cards for distribution to ASCs. You will need to bring your current Permanent Resident Card and proof of identity to the ASC when you pick up your new card. To ensure that your new card is sent to your designated ASC, please confirm your address when replying to this e-mail. We will provide you with additional instructions by e-mail once your card is ready to be picked up.

We regret this inconvenience and appreciate your quick attention in order to provide you with your new card. Please do not hesitate to contact us atreplacecard@uscis.dhs.gov if you have any additional questions.

I’ll probably go for the mail in method as USCIS is a couple of hours away. Thought I’d post this for the others who have gotten the incorrect cards as well. Good luck all!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to General Immigration Discussion -- topic is useful to those on different visa paths. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

My apologies TBone for making you do extra work and thanks. smile.png

No problem -- valuable topic that I can't remember having been presented in such a clear way before. :thumbs:

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Yup. I got this email today - I'm on a conditional residency but my card has a 10 year expiration. They noticed!

Mail route sounds better to me.

• 3 weeks later...

I received the exactly same email as yours on Aug 20th. I mailed my card back on the next day and USPS indicated me that USCIS received my card on Aug24th. However, it has been 2 weeks I still didnt hear from them. I checked My Case Status online by typing in the receipt number, it was showing like this

"We have destroyed the card produced for this case OS155A IMMIGRANT VISA AND ALIEN REGISTRATION because it was returned as undeliverable and we have not since heard from you. You must file a new application to obtain a new card. When filing a new application, follow the instructions on the form, indicate you are filing because you did not receive the last card we manufactured, and reference the receipt number for this case."

It doesnt make any sense! I checked the ELIS also by logging to my account it shows that my case reopened on Aug 27th and is process now.

I have no idea how long it will takes and if I should do anything about this situation!

I waited until I got my Driver’s Licence here before mailing our cards back in. It’s set to arrive in Texas tomorrow. I’ll update when we get my new cards.

Maybe the new cards have a new number? And there was only one code for destruction for them to pick? Who knows.

You could always try and e-mail the replacecard e-mail address and see what’s going on.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

what was the reason for the wrong date on the card? did it have 2 year rather than 10?

2/7/13 mailed I130 x 2

2/14/13 checks cashed $420 x 2

4/3/13 RFE more divorce info requested and marriage certificate(which I had already sent)

4/9/13 mailed additional info

4/19/13 I130 approved

5/10/13 NVC received

5/16/13 Called NVC and got Case #s and Invoice ID #s

5/17/13 USCIS website states: Your case can not be found at this time in My Case Status. Please check your receipt number and try again.

5/24/13 Paid AOS ($88.00) fee online

5/30/13 Emailed I-864 package for both kids

6/3/13 paid IV bill $230 x 2 kids

6/5/13 IV bill shows paid, DS260 available

6/14/13 CHILDREN'S PASSPORTS ARRIVED!!!!

6/14/13 filed online DS-260 for both kids

6/16/13 emailed Supporting docs for DS-260 for both kids

7/9/13 CHECKLIST for both kids...sad.png

7/9/13 checklist response sent (birth certs and passport Bio Page <again>)

8/2/13 CHECKLIST both kids

8/3/13 checklist response sent (I-864 AGAIN and paystubs - sent last 6 paystubs)

8/28/13 ***** INTERVIEW SCHEDULED***** for 10/9/13

9/11/13 Medicals completed in Toronto @ Dr. Seiden's office

10/9/13 INTERVIEW APPROVED

10/25/13. SSN cards arrived

A whole bunch of us ended up with cards with a 10 year expiry date instead of a 2 year expiry date.

The replacement cards didn’t take very long at all to get re-done.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.