lostinblue

Seattle leaders to launch 'Gun Free Zone' program

49 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Oh #######, I put my response in the quote box. Hey ho.

Your response is ludicrous. King County (Seattle) averaged 1 robbery a day last year.

Of course criminals think about robbing softer targets. If they didn't, they would all be sticking up banks or armored cars. That's where the most money is. Chances are banks have armed guards and armored cars definitely have armed guards, that's why they don't do it as often.

You can click on the 'X' to the right to ignore this signature.

Your response is ludicrous. King County (Seattle) averaged 1 robbery a day last year.

Of course criminals think about robbing softer targets. If they didn't, they would all be sticking up banks or armored cars. That's where the most money is. Chances are banks have armed guards and armored cars definitely have armed guards, that's why they don't do it as often.

Rubbish, most violent crime is committed by drug addicts, not known for planning anything. They don't hold up banks or armored cars because they don't think beyond the next fix. You might enjoy living in this imaginary world where there is an armed robber behind every tree but that's not how things really are. Most people don't need guns, some want them and that's fine, but most people do not need one and are better off without one. Put that in your pipe and smoke on it.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

Rubbish, most violent crime is committed by drug addicts, not known for planning anything. They don't hold up banks or armored cars because they don't think beyond the next fix. You might enjoy living in this imaginary world where there is an armed robber behind every tree but that's not how things really are. Most people don't need guns, some want them and that's fine, but most people do not need one and are better off without one. Put that in your pipe and smoke on it.

So you have nothing to back your point of course. Just what I thought. All speculation and no fact.

C. I have no idea idea how to respond to the overwhelming facts you presented, so I will just insult you with zero reading comprehension insult you and move on, and claim I already answered the question. ( this covers the tin foil hat stupidity)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Rubbish, most violent crime is committed by drug addicts,

is there a citation for that?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

So you have nothing to back your point of course. Just what I thought. All speculation and no fact.

Lots of facts, you just don't want to believe it because it suits you not to. I am not sure what your stake is in arming all citizens, but it's certainly not a desirable objective.

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Timeline

5%. Not sure where you studied math, but 5% is not most.

2002 in U.S. about a quarter of convicted property and drug offenders in local jails had committed their crimes to get money for drugs, compared to 5% of violent and public order offenders. Among State prisoners in 2004 the pattern was similar, with property (30%) and drug offenders (26%) more likely to commit their crimes for drug money than violent (10%) and public-order offenders (7%). In Federal prisons property offenders (11%) were less than half as likely as drug offenders (25%) to report drug money as a motive in their offenses.

In 2004, 17% of U.S. State prisoners and 18% of Federal inmates said they committed their current offense to obtain money for drugs. These percentages represent a slight increase for Federal prisoners (16% in 1997) and a slight decrease for State prisoners (19% in 1997).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug-related_crime

5%. Not sure where you studied math, but 5% is not most.

2002 in U.S. about a quarter of convicted property and drug offenders in local jails had committed their crimes to get money for drugs, compared to 5% of violent and public order offenders. Among State prisoners in 2004 the pattern was similar, with property (30%) and drug offenders (26%) more likely to commit their crimes for drug money than violent (10%) and public-order offenders (7%). In Federal prisons property offenders (11%) were less than half as likely as drug offenders (25%) to report drug money as a motive in their offenses.

In 2004, 17% of U.S. State prisoners and 18% of Federal inmates said they committed their current offense to obtain money for drugs. These percentages represent a slight increase for Federal prisoners (16% in 1997) and a slight decrease for State prisoners (19% in 1997).

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug-related_crime

Wiki? :rofl:

Of course not. More fantasy.

Fantasy is your world view, not mine. How many violent crimes have you witnessed? How many have you prevented with your little guns?

Timeline

Wiki? rofl.gif

Pretty much what I thought your response would be. I should've typed it myself to save you the time. Just pull conclusions out of your a$$ and not back them up with any data, wiki or otherwise.

Wiki? rofl.gif

Fantasy is your world view, not mine. How many violent crimes have you witnessed? How many have you prevented with your little guns?

Ahh deflection. Nice try. It's not about me. Read the article again. My name isn't mentioned.

Pretty much what I thought your response would be. I should've typed it myself to save you the time. Just pull conclusions out of your a$$ and not back them up with any data, wiki or otherwise.

Your data proves nothing. The facts are that there are very few violent crimes, period. Even fewer of these violent crimes are planned ahead and most violence is between criminals not against law abiding citizens and if you do not hang around drug addicts and known criminals your your chances of getting involved in violent crime are practically zero. Of course, you could have a violent partner but most people don't. You see scary people on every street corner, I do not. I don't need a gun, most people don't. Most people should avoid having one and leave gun ownership to those who really want one for a specific reason. Carrying guns around is not civilised, it's not aspirational, it's not clever, it's not necessary unless you want to shoot things and again, most people do not want to do that.

Ahh deflection. Nice try. It's not about me. Read the article again. My name isn't mentioned.

Your fantasy is that guns are a necessary requirement for living in the modern world safely. That is a fantasy, it's not true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Loads, google is your friend.

my google says your google is wrong.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Your data proves nothing. The facts are that there are very few violent crimes, period. Even fewer of these violent crimes are planned ahead and most violence is between criminals not against law abiding citizens and if you do not hang around drug addicts and known criminals your your chances of getting involved in violent crime are practically zero. Of course, you could have a violent partner but most people don't. You see scary people on every street corner, I do not. I don't need a gun, most people don't. Most people should avoid having one and leave gun ownership to those who really want one for a specific reason. Carrying guns around is not civilised, it's not aspirational, it's not clever, it's not necessary unless you want to shoot things and again, most people do not want to do that.

Your fantasy is that guns are a necessary requirement for living in the modern world safely. That is a fantasy, it's not true.

I don't own a gun and have never owned a gun. Being a twice convicted felon, I'm prohibited from owning a firearm. Also, I've spent a fair amount of time, thanks to the govt., around other convicted felons. I grew up around criminals. Most of my extended family are convicted criminals.

I know this much. Most criminals are pretty selfish people, and if they think they may end up dead while committing their crimes, they'll look elsewhere. I know that goes against what you've probably seen in the movies though.

Wiki? rofl.gif

. it was not on MSNBC, Al-Jazerra, Salon,CNN or other left wing approved sources so it is obvious right wing biased hate,no matter how many facts they quote