nez

k1 visa unauthorized employment

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance will file for usa k1 visa. i am having some problems

1. should i put my unauthorized employment here in the philippines (i am the alien fiance) ? he has good job so thats not a problem on his side.. what about me i was worried i get deny if i put my unauthorized employment. or if i didnt put it that makes me unemployed.

2. what are my chances of being approved if i am an unemployed alien fiance?

3. i also have a online job? should i put it also?

thanks for those who will answer

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

What do you mean unauthorized employment?...if it is legal work, i would advise include that in your employment history...I don't think you will be denied the K1 visa if ur unemployed....sure put ur online job also though be sure you will be able to answer the CO if he/ she will ask you about your work.

Though I was not ask about my employment or work when I had my K1 interview last month...CO are more concern with your relationship with your USC fiancé.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiance will file for usa k1 visa. i am having some problems

1. should i put my unauthorized employment here in the philippines (i am the alien fiance) ? he has good job so thats not a problem on his side.. what about me i was worried i get deny if i put my unauthorized employment. or if i didnt put it that makes me unemployed.

2. what are my chances of being approved if i am an unemployed alien fiance?

3. i also have a online job? should i put it also?

thanks for those who will answer

USCIS only cares about the names and addresses of the places you have worked, just be honest.

USCIS and USEM don't even care if you are employed.

Answer everything HONESTLY .

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

What do you mean unauthorized employment?...if it is legal work, i would advise include that in your employment history...I don't think you will be denied the K1 visa if ur unemployed....sure put ur online job also though be sure you will be able to answer the CO if he/ she will ask you about your work.

Though I was not ask about my employment or work when I had my K1 interview last month...CO are more concern with your relationship with your USC fiancé.

thanks a lot!!!

USCIS only cares about the names and addresses of the places you have worked, just be honest.

USCIS and USEM don't even care if you are employed.

Answer everything HONESTLY .

thanks a lot

Timeline

its a part time job/on call job. i dont pay taxes for that.. my fiance said maybe they will request for my income tax return or something so i shld not put it.

Timeline

It's okay to include your part time call center job even if you haven't paid taxes....we are not required to submit our income tax return during our K1 interview...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

In my case, USCIS and USEMBASSY Manila did not asked for certificate of employment when I had the K1 interview.

Thanks! But have you read from anyone on this forum if there's a case where they ask for it?

Timeline

I have never read anyone, or any sites where fiancées, are requested to submit their own certificate of employment when being interviewed in US Embassy Manila for K1...I hope the US Embassies won't start having this idea.

Prepare ur USC fiancé's certificate of employment with his 1040 and w2 when u will have ur K1 visa interview...together with other docs.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.