5 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey, I know I've already mentioned this in another post but I wanted to focus on this specifically. My EAD is in it's way to me. It will be delivered to me wed. I have my tracking number and I have checked it. Is my AP with this? Is it on my EAD?Please someone who knows for sure comment. The reason it's so important is because I want travel back home for a week. This is a very important week for me to be home.

On the uscis website my EAD is being delivered. My AP hasn't changed from initial review. My interview is on the 19th. My i130 is the same as my AP on initial review.

Please help.

Thanks

Your EAD will most likely say on it "Serves as 512-L Advance Parole." That is the AP.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Please don't book anything based on that! I had my EAD within about 70 days of filing but didn't get advanced parole for almost 4 months after filing. I don't want to scare you but to save yourself money and trouble wait to see if your EAD card really does say that it also serves as AP!

If it isn't included in your EAD card and there is an emergency at home you could try going to your local office and trying to get AP there but from what I heard it actually has to be an emergency (severe illness / death not best friends wedding etc).

Good luck!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Whoa! Thought it was always a combo-card EAD/AP these days! Anyone else have this happen?!

@ N&S: Did you file AP/EAD at the same time as the other docs?

AOS

07/01/2013 Sent I-485/I-130/II-765/I-131 USPS Priority certified mail to USCIS Chicago Lockbox

Day 1: 07/03/2013 USPS package delivery receipt online

Day 9: 07/11/2103 Received NOA1 texts and email confirmations from G-1145 AOS package cover page

Day 10: 07/12/2013 Received I-797C hardcopy NOA1's in the mail for all forms submitted

Day 14: 07/16/2013 Received Biometrics appt. Notice for 08/01/2013 appointment

Day 30: 08/01/2013 Biometrics completed

Day 36: 08/07/2013 Received text and email alerts that I-485 has been updated to testing and interview. Awaiting hard copy appointment notice.

Day 63: 09/03/2013 Received text and email alerts that I-765 (EAD) is in card production, and that I-131 has been approved and a letter mailed to that extent

Day 66: 09/06/2013 Received 2nd text and email alerts for I-765 card production (a duplicate of the first?)

Day 69: 09/09/2013 Received 3rd text and email alerts for I-765 card production: card in the mail (no tracking number given)

Day 71: 09/11/2013 Received USPS delivered envelope with EAD combo card also serves as "I-512 Advance Parole" in the mail.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
and lean not upon your own understanding;
in all your ways acknowledge him,
and he will make your paths straight. Pr.3:5-6

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.