J&F2008

Visa Interview Approved; but CEAC says AP!

11 posts in this topic

My husband went to his visa interview for IR 1 category spouse of a US citizen. He was approved on the spot and the consular officer told him to expect his passport with the sealed visa package within 1 week. He gave my husband the approval notice paper attached with the copy of his passport and on that sheet it said that the passport will be ready within 4 business days. I checked the CEAC site and now it says Administrative Processing!! I don't know if this is normal however when I contacted the DOS and UStravel docs I received the same response that sometimes additional processing is necessary. This is strange because at the interview he was never mentioned of this AP and usually they notify the applicant in some way that the case needs AP during the interview. He had every document necessary and was over prepared with documents just in case. I don't know why this is going on as they did not tell me any specific reason. I am soooo worried and confused and sad that and hoping that this process doesn't take months. Has anyone been in this situation before or have any insight because I have never heard of this happening to anyone before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My spouse had the exact same story. They said she should expect to receive her visa package and passport in 7-10 days. It has been more than a month and CEAC shows AP. I don't know if they are making this their standard procedure or what but t's indeed very strange!

When did your wife go to her interview? Also, did you ever make inquiries as to why yours is listed as AP? I have tried doing all this however I am getting no luck :( While the case still says AP do you notice the updated date change or does it stay the same?

My spouse had the exact same story. They said she should expect to receive her visa package and passport in 7-10 days. It has been more than a month and CEAC shows AP. I don't know if they are making this their standard procedure or what but t's indeed very strange!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Yeh I did sent them bunch of inquiries and they responded after 3 weeks stating the AP is necessary and they haven't forgotten our case neither it has fallen through the cracks. The CEAC last updated date does change when they reply to my inquiries. My wife had an interview on July 11th.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from CR-1 Process forum to the Case Progress subforum. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I hope our cases both change from AP to issued soon! I don't understand why this happens and I wish they were more specific when they respond to us as to why the AP is necessary. I have emailed the consulate and have yet to receive a reply. I called US travel docs and they told me it is usually resolved within 60 days and if no one contacts my husband after 8 months to contact them again! 8 months sounds crazy! and I hope it doesn't result to that..

Yeh I did sent them bunch of inquiries and they responded after 3 weeks stating the AP is necessary and they haven't forgotten our case neither it has fallen through the cracks. The CEAC last updated date does change when they reply to my inquiries. My wife had an interview on July 11th.

My husband went to his visa interview for IR 1 category spouse of a US citizen. He was approved on the spot and the consular officer told him to expect his passport with the sealed visa package within 1 week. He gave my husband the approval notice paper attached with the copy of his passport and on that sheet it said that the passport will be ready within 4 business days. I checked the CEAC site and now it says Administrative Processing!! I don't know if this is normal however when I contacted the DOS and UStravel docs I received the same response that sometimes additional processing is necessary. This is strange because at the interview he was never mentioned of this AP and usually they notify the applicant in some way that the case needs AP during the interview. He had every document necessary and was over prepared with documents just in case. I don't know why this is going on as they did not tell me any specific reason. I am soooo worried and confused and sad that and hoping that this process doesn't take months. Has anyone been in this situation before or have any insight because I have never heard of this happening to anyone before.

Hi can you give some advise what document i need bring at interview?

My interview is next month and i want have all ready

Thank you

USCIS

02/08/2013 Sent I-130 & G-325a

02/12/2013 Priority Date

02/20/2013 NOA1

03/22/2013 I-130 APPROVED dancin5hr.gif

NVC

04/08/2013 Got my case number NVC

04/10/2013 Got my invoiced ID number

04/17/2013 Paid AOS Bill

04/10/2013 Sent email DS-3032

04/18/2013 ACCEPTED DS-3032

04/25/2013 Paid IV bill

05/08/2013 Delivered IV Packet

05/13/2013 Delivered AOS packet

05/22/2013 False Checklist IV packet

06/12/2013 reviewed new I-864 version but i got checklist cray5ol.gif

06/13/2013 i got email checklist

06/15/2013 checklist AOS delivered to NVC

06/19/2013 sent other checklist AOS because i looked that i make mistake and first checklist i sent

07/03/2013 Finally CASE COMPLETE.....Thank GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

07/15/2013 CASE COMPLETE AGAIN

07/30/2013 Received packet 4

09/16/2013 INTERVIEW DATE THANK GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

Hi Karla

When you set up your interview were you advised as to what documents to bring? If this is your first interview you should bring everything that was sent to NVC and taxes from the past three years along with the w2/1099 from your sponsor and make sure all your documents are from within the last 30 days as they do expire so a new birth certificate, police, medical etc. Other than that you can email US Travel docs and they can provide you with more specific information as to what documents you would need. Good luck!

Hi can you give some advise what document i need bring at interview?
My interview is next month and i want have all ready
Thank you

Hi Karla

When you set up your interview were you advised as to what documents to bring? If this is your first interview you should bring everything that was sent to NVC and taxes from the past three years along with the w2/1099 from your sponsor and make sure all your documents are from within the last 30 days as they do expire so a new birth certificate, police, medical etc. Other than that you can email US Travel docs and they can provide you with more specific information as to what documents you would need. Good luck!

Thank you for information, i was thinking bring IRS Transcritp for the last three year, and i will go get birth certificate you think i nee translate birth certificate and police certificate? I sent all this document to nvc

USCIS

02/08/2013 Sent I-130 & G-325a

02/12/2013 Priority Date

02/20/2013 NOA1

03/22/2013 I-130 APPROVED dancin5hr.gif

NVC

04/08/2013 Got my case number NVC

04/10/2013 Got my invoiced ID number

04/17/2013 Paid AOS Bill

04/10/2013 Sent email DS-3032

04/18/2013 ACCEPTED DS-3032

04/25/2013 Paid IV bill

05/08/2013 Delivered IV Packet

05/13/2013 Delivered AOS packet

05/22/2013 False Checklist IV packet

06/12/2013 reviewed new I-864 version but i got checklist cray5ol.gif

06/13/2013 i got email checklist

06/15/2013 checklist AOS delivered to NVC

06/19/2013 sent other checklist AOS because i looked that i make mistake and first checklist i sent

07/03/2013 Finally CASE COMPLETE.....Thank GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

07/15/2013 CASE COMPLETE AGAIN

07/30/2013 Received packet 4

09/16/2013 INTERVIEW DATE THANK GOD dancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gifdancin5hr.gif

When you bring documents to the embassy in el salvador they can be in english or spanish and would not need to be translated unless they are in any other language besides english/spanish :)

Thank you for information, i was thinking bring IRS Transcritp for the last three year, and i will go get birth certificate you think i nee translate birth certificate and police certificate? I sent all this document to nvc

same interview date.. and until now i'm at AP... no use of calling the embassy... they always say the same thing... what you can see on CEAC is the same thing with what they'll say... i asked them what's the reason, they said they are not allowed to give any information...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.