Rahstyles

Do you really have to bring these thing again to the interview?

16 posts in this topic

For the interview it says:

bring:

Birth certificate, divorce decree, evidence of finacial support and NBI clearance and all these other things that I HAVE ALREADY TURNED IN THE ORIGINAL COPIES TO THE NVC... Sooooooo I called the embassy and the lady said if you already sent it in to the nvc then you dont need it... BUT THE WAY SHE SOUNDED .. SHE SOUNDED SHE WAS LIEING OR SOMTHING... SO PLEASE WHOEVER DONE THE INTERVIEW DO THEY STILL REQUIRE YOU TO BRING IT IN AGAIN?? CAUSE IF I DO.. THEN I GOTTA CALL THE IRS AND ASK FOR ANOTHER COPY... GO TO THE COURT GET THE DIVORCE DECREE... THEN ASK MY WIFE TO SITE AT THE NBI OFFICE T GET HER CLEARANCE AGAIN... THEN I GOTTA EMAIL DENMARK TO SEND ANOTHER POLICE RECORD...

SO WHATS THE DEAL?

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

For the interview it says:

bring:

Birth certificate, divorce decree, evidence of finacial support and NBI clearance and all these other things that I HAVE ALREADY TURNED IN THE ORIGINAL COPIES TO THE NVC... Sooooooo I called the embassy and the lady said if you already sent it in to the nvc then you dont need it... BUT THE WAY SHE SOUNDED .. SHE SOUNDED SHE WAS LIEING OR SOMTHING... SO PLEASE WHOEVER DONE THE INTERVIEW DO THEY STILL REQUIRE YOU TO BRING IT IN AGAIN?? CAUSE IF I DO.. THEN I GOTTA CALL THE IRS AND ASK FOR ANOTHER COPY... GO TO THE COURT GET THE DIVORCE DECREE... THEN ASK MY WIFE TO SITE AT THE NBI OFFICE T GET HER CLEARANCE AGAIN... THEN I GOTTA EMAIL DENMARK TO SEND ANOTHER POLICE RECORD...

SO WHATS THE DEAL?

Sadly the letter they send out is for all immigrant visas so it uses a broad brush.

Hopefully someone who has recently done the IR/CR-1 will pop on to give you the facts for MANILA.

One thing I do know is that the embassy will want an NSO CEMAR at the interview.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Okay.. Nso cenomar?? Again.. i thought i sent that in.. thats crazy.. sombody please help...

I have read numerous times here on VJ about the CEMAR for the IR/CR-1 during the embassy interview, some don't have it and get a 221g which delays issuing the visa.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

if you get a 221g .. do you have to do the interview again.. or do you just turn in what they requested??? Also can you mail it or do you have to go back to the embassy again?

If you get a 221g you just need to bring/send in what is requested.

That is why they recommend copying everything in your application. You don't need certified copies, just something for them to look at if they do not have what they want right there where they can put their hands on it.

Better to carry a lot of extras they don't need, than to have to wait & get something you didn't have.

Ako gugma ko GWAPA asawa Kathlene!

(I love my BEAUTIFUL wife Kathlene!)

_________

"A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing."

George Bernard Shaw

Timeline

if you get a 221g .. do you have to do the interview again.. or do you just turn in what they requested??? Also can you mail it or do you have to go back to the embassy again?

If the embassy requested documents they have to be delivered through 2GO, they will tell you how it will be handled.... IF.

Hank

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

My interview will be next month, September 4, all of my VJ friends under IR/CR who already had their interview, advised me and others that ALL ORIG civil documents (NSO BC,MC) submitted during the NVC stage, MUST also be brought again to the interview plus a fresh copy of NBI clearance and Cemar/Advisory on Marriage.

If your wife is registered late in her BC, she also will be required to bring her baptismal cert.

For the divorce decree and police clearance from other countries, I am not sure if copies will do. The I-864 must have an original signature from the sponsor, copies of 2012 ITR and W2 with recent paystubs.

Proof of ongoing relationship and communication such as skype call logs, remittance receipts, photos etc..

I hope I did not forget anything. smile.png

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

my interview was on July 30th, They asked me again Affidavit of support forms, Visa Application ds230, BC, MC in spite that all of these I already sent to NVC and they also ask my recent NBI clearance even if its not expired yet!

Our Journey
Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Manila, Philippines
2006-02-14: Marriage

IR 1 VISA PETITION

2012-09-19: I-130 Sent
2012-09-24: I-130 NOA1
2012-09-28: Transfer Notice to Lee's Summit, Mo.
2012-12-03: APPROVED in 73 days from our NOA1 date!

2012-12-11: USCIS Shipped approved case to NVC
2012-12-18: NVC Received

dec 2012- June 2013 waiting time for my child's IR2 to catch up! (6months) so we can go medical and interview together

2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day

2013-07-19: Medical Exam-Personal Evaluation (reason anxiety meds taken) cancelled my 18th interview

2013-07-30 morning: Interview Day- Passed but waiting for medical release

2013-07-30 afternoon: Medical Exam Day - Immunization

2013-08-02 Purchase Ticket

2013-08-05 https://ceac.state.gov/CEAC/ status : ISSUED

2013-08-07: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

IR 2 VISA PETITION
2013-02-11: I-130 Sent
2013-04-03: I-130 NOA2 APPROVED in 51 days from our NOA date

2013-06-07: Both IR1/IR2 case AOS/IV BILL shows Paid

2013-06-17: Schedule interview online

2013-06-19: USEM Case Received
2013-06-24: Received email from USEM Case Received
2013-07-11: Medical Exam Day-no tst need to go back on the ff day

2013-07-15: Medical Exam Day- tst result (-) immunization

2013-07-18: Interview Day

2013-xx-xx: Visa Received
2013-09-10: POE Dallas, Texas

(USCIS/NVC letters took an average of 50 calendar days to arrive in the Philippines so we don't rely on letters, thanks God for internet and VJ)

UlsIp8.png

My interview will be next month, September 4, all of my VJ friends under IR/CR who already had their interview, advised me and others that ALL ORIG civil documents (NSO BC,MC) submitted during the NVC stage, MUST also be brought again to the interview plus a fresh copy of NBI clearance and Cemar/Advisory on Marriage.

If your wife is registered late in her BC, she also will be required to bring her baptismal cert.

For the divorce decree and police clearance from other countries, I am not sure if copies will do. The I-864 must have an original signature from the sponsor, copies of 2012 ITR and W2 with recent paystubs.

Proof of ongoing relationship and communication such as skype call logs, remittance receipts, photos etc..

I hope I did not forget anything. smile.png

Hi sis, I noticed on the P4 it has required visa interview documents and it has codes right?..Does it mean that those that was sent from NVC we have to bring another copies too..I was just thinking of bringing all my civil docs and new AOS form which was requested by NVC..

Another thing, is it necessary to bring joint property ownership or joint bank account?

Thanks sis

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Hi sis, I noticed on the P4 it has required visa interview documents and it has codes right?..Does it mean that those that was sent from NVC we have to bring another copies too..I was just thinking of bringing all my civil docs and new AOS form which was requested by NVC..

Another thing, is it necessary to bring joint property ownership or joint bank account?- Excellent proof for co-mingling of finances/properties.

Thanks sis

Yes, sis we HAVE to bring it all again, all ORIG copies for civil documents. I will also be bringing our joint bank account certificate.

Here is the documents checklist for IR/CR interview: please feel free to add

Interview appointment letter

Passport

Visa photos- although not needed but good to have extras

NBI clearance

ALL ORIG NSO BC,MC,

Cenomar/advisory on marrige

I864 w/ original signature from sponsor

Copies of 2012 ITR, W2s and recent paystubs

Employment leter

Proofs of ongoing relationship and communication like skype, etc..

Money remmittance receipts,

Photos

SLEC cd with vaccination records

IF applicable:

Baptismal certificate if registered late

Divorce/ Annulment decrees

Police clearance if you had worked overseas

Hope I got everything covered. idea9dv.gif

Edited by Memphis

USCIS

8/10/12-Sent I-130 x2

8/17/12-NOA1

2/28/13-NOA2

NVC

5/6/13-Case# & IIN recvd

7/23/13-Case complete!

US Embassy

9/4/13-Interview- APPROVED!

9/7/13-Visas on hand

10/27/13-POE: SFO

11/5/13- SSN's received

12/2/13-GC's on hand

US Citizenship soon...

Yes, sis we HAVE to bring it all again, all ORIG copies. I will also be bringing our joint bank account certificate.

Here is the documents checklist for IR/CR interview: please feel free to add

Interview appointment letter

Passport

Visa photos- although not needed but good to have extras

NBI clearance

ALL ORIG NSO BC,MC,

Cenomar/advisory on marrige

I864 w/ original signature from sponsor

Copies of 2012 ITR, W2s and recent paystubs

Employment leter

Proofs of ongoing relationship and communication like skype, etc..

Money remmittance receipts,

Photos

SLEC cd with vaccination records

IF applicable:

Baptismal certificate if registered late

Divorce/ Annulment decrees

Hope I got everything covered. idea9dv.gif

Thank you so much for this sis..copy and noted smile.png

I-130 Submitted ---- 09/16/2011

NOA 1 ---- 09/21/2011

I-130 Approved ------ 04/30/2013

NVC Case Number -- 05/14/2013

Medical Exam ------ 05/28/2013

Case Complete ------- 08/06/2013

Interview -------- 09/09/2013

Visa Arrived ---------- 10/17/2013

POE SFO ------------- 10/21/2013

Delays maybe inevitable, but misery is optional!

Although nvc noted all our documents are complete. I brought all originals of birth, cenomar/cemar, marriage certificate, nbi, and photocopies of them. I only had photocopies or scans of my wife's irs transcript, certificate of employment. Facetime screenshots, photos before wedding, wedding and after wedding with our kid.

I was not asked for other documents in the interview except the appointment letter. But mind you, it's better to be prepared than to be delayed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.