Jay-to-the-ling

JUST FILED my Fiance's 129F oand it was delivered on August 5, 2013!

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hey there! My british Fiance and I have filed his 129f to TX.We used a lawyer but I still wanted some advice or hear about other people's experience currently going through the same process. My forms were delivered on August 5, 2013 and the check was cashed on August 8, 2013. Anybody have a clue how long it will take to get my NOA1?

If you can give me any advice or help, I would throughly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Jay!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

It takes about 1-2 weeks, sometimes more. They have 30 days to send it.

Be very patient then, and use that time to be prepared for the next steps. Too many people receive their NOA2 after X months and have no idea of what to do next. :) Being prepared is the key to a successful process.

Also, I don't know how reliable is your lawyer, but do your own research and verify what he/she tells you. Many here hired a lawyer and got an unsmoothed process. The USCIS website and VJ are great sources of information.

Good luck!

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

You will get your NOA-1 pretty fast -- by a weird e-mail first, then in the mail. The NOA-2 is the time-sucker. I am doing California Service Center and filed mid-June, and I am expecting/hoping for a NOA-2 in late September/early October. I think 3-4 months is fairly normal for a NOA-2 if you have a straightforward petition and are not from countries that raise major issues. However, every petition is different --- some get approved way early, some much later. The best way to cut time down on the overall process is to get EVERYTHING ready now for the post NOA-2 world, so you can cut the embassy time to a bare minimum. Good luck!

Timeline

It takes about 1-2 weeks, sometimes more. They have 30 days to send it.

Be very patient then, and use that time to be prepared for the next steps. Too many people receive their NOA2 after X months and have no idea of what to do next. smile.png Being prepared is the key to a successful process.

Also, I don't know how reliable is your lawyer, but do your own research and verify what he/she tells you. Many here hired a lawyer and got an unsmoothed process. The USCIS website and VJ are great sources of information.

Good luck!

Thanks so much for the information, I'm obviously very excited so I'm getting alittle ahead of myself. Plus, I love knowing dates and time frames a head of time to have some peace of mind. Anyhow, Thanks so much!!!

Timeline

You will get your NOA-1 pretty fast -- by a weird e-mail first, then in the mail. The NOA-2 is the time-sucker. I am doing California Service Center and filed mid-June, and I am expecting/hoping for a NOA-2 in late September/early October. I think 3-4 months is fairly normal for a NOA-2 if you have a straightforward petition and are not from countries that raise major issues. However, every petition is different --- some get approved way early, some much later. The best way to cut time down on the overall process is to get EVERYTHING ready now for the post NOA-2 world, so you can cut the embassy time to a bare minimum. Good luck!

Thanks so much for the info I really appreciate the feedback Since it seems like your in the same situation as me as far as filing through california and being from England I think. Anyhow, thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.