Afshi

Police clearance certificate from Pakistan

17 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are ready to sent DS-230 with civil documents, but my husband cannot obtain police report from pakistan without a written request from NVC. Can I send everything else and submit the police report when NVC will send RFE or when he will have his interview in Islamabad? Pakistani filers please share your information if you we're able to get PCC without a request letter.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

We are ready to sent DS-230 with civil documents, but my husband cannot obtain police report from pakistan without a written request from NVC. Can I send everything else and submit the police report when NVC will send RFE or when he will have his interview in Islamabad? Pakistani filers please share your information if you we're able to get PCC without a request letter.

Afshi..as far as iam aware NVC no more need pakistani police certificate.This is the latest update from nvc,i am posting the statement here from nvc website regarding pakistani pcc,but its best to call the nvc and cofirm.

Police Records

Not available. Pakistan has no nationwide tracking system in place for criminal activities. Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices. However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record. An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another. Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing.

Hope this will help you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

NVC letter is not a requirement. what city is your husband from? Tell him to go there at a different time.

About 10 yrs ago, when we were coming we knew that they don't give it out easily b/c they want money (bribe). For my mom, my dad paid them some money like Rs. 3000. I was like 15 yrs old but at our interview embassy requested that my parents get police certificate for me (stupid huh?? I know). At that time, my dad was back in the states so my mom went with me to the police station and we just told them that we are thinking about applying for visit visa (just for me) b/c my cousin was getting married. Guy over there thought I had no shot so he didn't ask for money & just made one in like 3 days and I was good to go.

Edited by MFC87

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I can sorta confirm this as well. The NVC people specifically told me on the phone that for Pakistan they don't accept the Police Reports anymore so they are not needed. They showed me on the website as quoted below about this. They also told me this is a very recent update so perhaps not more than a month old. I wrote this on my cover sheet and also printed this out and sent it with my docs just to be safe.

I am expecting my IV docs and all to be completed hopefully inshallah by end of next week. Once I get confirmation of that I will let everyone know here, so then it will become I guess more confirmed.

The only sad part is that I feel that since they are not depending on police reports anymore, they are prob going to be delaying everyone's cases so b/c they will prob be hiring someother 3rd party security company to find out and get local security clearance.

NVC letter is not a requirement. what city is your husband from? Tell him to go there at a different time.

About 10 yrs ago, when we were coming we knew that they don't give it out easily b/c they want money (bribe). For my mom, my dad paid them some money like Rs. 3000. I was like 15 yrs old but at our interview embassy requested that my parents get police certificate for me (stupid huh?? I know). At that time, my dad was back in the states so my mom went with me to the police station and we just told them that we are thinking about applying for visit visa (just for me) b/c my cousin was getting married. Guy over there thought I had no shot so he didn't ask for money & just made one in like 3 days and I was good to go.

Afshi..as far as iam aware NVC no more need pakistani police certificate.This is the latest update from nvc,i am posting the statement here from nvc website regarding pakistani pcc,but its best to call the nvc and cofirm.

Police Records

Not available. Pakistan has no nationwide tracking system in place for criminal activities. Police Character Certificates are available for a fee from District Coordinating Offices. However, they are not an accurate reflection of an individual's criminal record. An applicant who has committed a crime in one district may be able to obtain a clean Character Certificate from that district or another. Given the inaccuracy of these certificates, they are not required for consular processing.

Hope this will help you.

We also did not need any written letter to obtain police reports from Islamabad.

Same here we did not need any paper work

My wife was able to get the PC without any NVC written request! Who says one need the written request?

Timeline

Why are you getting the PCC when its no longer used and not asked for Pakistan cases?

Did they specifically ask you to do this?

I got my PCC last week, without any letter from NVC, so just go to concern district police station n SSP will sign the certificate. Best of luck with ur process.

Why are you getting the PCC when its no longer used and not asked for Pakistan cases?

Did they specifically ask you to do this?

Yes its requirement, its written on DS-230, i guess............so better u get PCC first, make the things simple n clear.

BEST OF LUCK

event.png

event.png

192230.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Yes its requirement, its written on DS-230, i guess............so better u get PCC first, make the things simple n clear.

BEST OF LUCK

Police certificates are unavailable for Pakistan and thus not required. You can see for yourself in the Country Reciprocity Schedule: http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9713#docs

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Police clearance certs ARE available - we got ours from 3 different cities in 2012 and again from the most recent and present city in May 2013.

They are required - perhaps the NVC doesnt require them - but i can assure you that the ISL embassy requires it as part of the IV4 packet list.

We sent ours as part of the NVC info along with the DS-230 and I-864 back in October 2012 and were asked in the IV packet from ISL embassy to bring latest PCCs.

Do NOT pay money for them - Each time we asked for the PCC from Lahore - there was someone from the local police district asking if any money was paid. Best NOT to get into that mess.

You also do NOT need any request letter from the NVC.

Good luck with this - any qs - pm us.

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Timeline

With all due respect, you sent your docs to the ISL embassy in Oct 2012 as you have stated. NVC specifically informed me that as of July 2013 there has been an update to the policy that is clearly stated on their website that PCC is not required for consular processing for Pakistan anymore. I was in the process of getting the PCC when the NVC spokesperson's told me not to cause it would be a waste of my time and resource. It might be the case that as you mentioned that the embassy might still be asking for it, I won't be able to find out until my case gets sent over there by the NVC, at which time I'll email the embassy and see what they say and let you guys know.

Police clearance certs ARE available - we got ours from 3 different cities in 2012 and again from the most recent and present city in May 2013.

They are required - perhaps the NVC doesnt require them - but i can assure you that the ISL embassy requires it as part of the IV4 packet list.

We sent ours as part of the NVC info along with the DS-230 and I-864 back in October 2012 and were asked in the IV packet from ISL embassy to bring latest PCCs.

Do NOT pay money for them - Each time we asked for the PCC from Lahore - there was someone from the local police district asking if any money was paid. Best NOT to get into that mess.

You also do NOT need any request letter from the NVC.

Good luck with this - any qs - pm us.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

With all due respect, you sent your docs to the ISL embassy in Oct 2012 as you have stated. NVC specifically informed me that as of July 2013 there has been an update to the policy that is clearly stated on their website that PCC is not required for consular processing for Pakistan anymore. I was in the process of getting the PCC when the NVC spokesperson's told me not to cause it would be a waste of my time and resource. It might be the case that as you mentioned that the embassy might still be asking for it, I won't be able to find out until my case gets sent over there by the NVC, at which time I'll email the embassy and see what they say and let you guys know.

No problem, no offence taken.

The docs were sent to NVC in Oct 2012, not the ISL embassy. The case was not sent to the ISL embassy after April 2013.

But to your point - the webpage stating the reciprocity between the US and Pakistan has been there for over 2 years - as long as i have been checking; all along saying that a PCC is "not required"

The DS-230 instructions state that must send a PCC for any place you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16.

Good luck.

Let me know if you have any questions.

NOA1 August 3 2011
NOA2 April 14 2012
NVC receipt May 17 2012

Case upgrade request sent via email April 3 2013

Case upgraded by NVC from F2A to CR1 April 19 2013

Interview June 6th 2013 - APPROVED - case upgraded to IR1 at time of interview based on time married

Visa in hand June 10th 2013

IV fee paid using ELIS June 17th 2013

POE Houston July 15th 2013

GC arrived in mail Aug 12th 2013

SSN card arrived in mail Aug 19 2013 (1 week after applying)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The DS-230 instructions state that must send a PCC for any place you have lived for more than 6 months since the age of 16.

Those are generic instructions, the Country Reciprocity Schedule supersedes it.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.