JD & Coconut

P4 Question

89 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Did a little digging, may be more but here are a few who have received P4 post-move.

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-20
Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-27
Interview Date : 2013-09-25
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-01
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2013-08-29
Interview Result : Approved
Consulate Received : 2013-07-03
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-05
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-23
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-08
Interview Date : 2013-08-20

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Did a little digging, may be more but here are a few who have received P4 post-move.

Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-20
Packet 4 Received : 2013-07-27
Interview Date : 2013-09-25
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-01
Packet 3 Sent :
Packet 4 Received :
Interview Date : 2013-08-29
Interview Result : Approved
Consulate Received : 2013-07-03
Packet 3 Received : 2013-07-05
Packet 3 Sent : 2013-07-23
Packet 4 Received : 2013-08-08
Interview Date : 2013-08-20

The first one was for a CR-1 (they don't seem to be having the same issues as k-1's), and the last one was for Austrailia (not sure why it's listed as China)

The second one is intriguing. They've been waiting a long time. Could be that the NOA2 was getting near expiration.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

ya, 1st one was CR-1/IR-1 - with doc intake at NVC via Electronic Processing. NVC sets the appointment date, not GUZ IV.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

Yes, we are also K1 & K2 chasers waiting on P4, sent packet with interview fee on 7/12/13. Case updated 7/28, then again on 8/30, I believe in response to an email I sent asking what the heck is going on over there? In the interim we scheduled an appointment for 8/27, but needed to cancel as no P4 was received. One day I was checking CGI and there were some slots open, and I grabbed 9/13, but recently Guangzhou cancelled that on us.

On 23 August I requested assistance from my senator, Richard Durbin, K2 eligibility expires due to turning 21 in November and it appears we will run out of time for him to accompany us to the US.

Durbin's response was, I assigned this to my aide, who handles these matters, please allow 30-60 days.

30 days would be OK if they fix CGI Stanley and there is not too large a backlog of cases for interview, but 60 days might be impossible for the rest of the process.

Not sure where to go from here.

Timeline

Hallelujah!! P4 came today!!!

Great News! Hope that's the beginning of a trend.... They opened up some dates in October, starting with the 7th.

SHARE THIS VIDEO to promote the USCIS delays!

4csw0ipgr.png

3dsnctxul.png

l4xsj7w8h.png

keepcalm.giftimeline.gif

Timeline

We received P4 today (Oct. 5)! I scheduled interview for Oct. 10th. There were also dates available for Sept 24th, Oct. 7, 8, 9, 10 and some for weeks later than those.

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

When I checked, there were appointments available October 8, 10 appts at 8:45; 5 at 9:30, and same for October 9 and 10. I chose 10/9 at 8:45AM

Chinese holidays are from 10/1 through 10/7.

Timeline

When I checked, there were appointments available October 8, 10 appts at 8:45; 5 at 9:30, and same for October 9 and 10. I chose 10/9 at 8:45AM

Chinese holidays are from 10/1 through 10/7.

No holidays or Fridays (or weekends) were bookable so maybe CGI has fixed that issue.

ucxi92z6o.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

JD& Coconut, glad to hear the dam has broken on the P4's. Quick question, how long after your file was touched (CEAC Stattracker) before you received the P4, ours was touched Aug 5 and was trying to get an idea of how long after the touch we can expect the P4. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Timeline

JD& Coconut, glad to hear the dam has broken on the P4's. Quick question, how long after your file was touched (CEAC Stattracker) before you received the P4, ours was touched Aug 5 and was trying to get an idea of how long after the touch we can expect the P4. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ours was touched many times (I lost count, maybe 6 to 8 times?) over the last two months, the most recent was Aug. 22nd.

ucxi92z6o.png

Timeline

Sorry if I missed this somewhere, but the p4 is just an email, right? Will they automatically send the email or did we need to do anything for them to use the email instead of mailing. Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks JD, and Johnsun87, I believe they use an email for P4, not sure if they use the one from your CGI account but more likely the one you put on your P3.

Regards,

Timeline

It is an Email and both of us received it (petitioner and beneficiary). I have heard of some people's going to junk mail so always check there too.

ucxi92z6o.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.