cordobesa23

Urgente K-1 Visa WHICH one 1-134 or I-864

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hello

We are ready to sed all documents to the embassy for our Interview Its a K1 Visa for my fiance.

Do I fill out a I -134 or I-834

Please let me knos asap in the package it say I-134 but on the sheet for the interview what to bring in it says I -834

Please Help me

Thank you

Diana

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thank you

That is what I sent to my Fiance I just want to make sure so far no issues and now almost there so want to make sure we send in the correct documents

Thank you

Diana

for K1, it should be I-134. I-864 is for after you are married and apply for Adjustment of Status to get Greencard

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yes....i also mailed the I-134 to my Fiance....However, the consulte site in packet 4 says that it must be a I-184....I am very confused about this. I am planning to call the embassy tomorrow. Does anyone have any insight into this. Any experience?

The Montreal consulate (the one I will have my interview at) site also says I-864 for the fiance visa, but I think I read somewhere on VJ that they list all the required documents for spouses and fiances on the same list. I am sure it wouldn't hurt to call and clarify, but unless I receive specific communication from the consulate or NVC to submit the i-864 form, I will submit the i-134 with supporting evidence.

01/24/2015: Green Card / 2 Year Permanent Resident Card received.

12/05/2016: Filed I-751 Removal of Conditions.

12/24/2016: NOA1 received. 

01/09/2017: Biometrics Appointment.

11/10/2017: I-751 approval letter received (No Interview Required)!!

11/30/2017: 10yr Green Card produced & mailed.

I-134 is for the K1 visa.

I-864 is not needed until you adjust your status after marriage.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.