Reynaldo

Is it just me...

118 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
To be honest I hate these people guts, they are really lazy and amazingly impolite. Whoever applied for a visitor visa, or, in my case, got a visa denied, knows what I am talking about.

I understand the Americans that work there being xenophobic (it is their job) , but I really don't understand why the Brazilians that work there are so mean to other Brazilians.

I beg to disagree. I've work with some of them a while back, and the ones I got to know were really nice people, not xenophobic at all and deeply in love with Brazil.

When they are interviewing us to issue a visa, they have to play the devil's advocate roll; not a good way to gain anyone's sympathy, but it's their job to be suspicious, after all we are a high fraud contry... :(

Anywho, after my interview I will have to go to copa and have a beer looking at the sea....

I guess that is why they don't have those interviews here in SP.

Not a good enough reason IMO. I much rather have the interview in Sampa...Call me crazy, but I feel safer in SP than I do in Rio... :blink:

In my case, the time between CSC and NVC was a little longer than "normal" (3 or 4 weeks).

And it took a week for the case to get to Rio. And 2 weeks for the pkt 3 to get home.

But by the time I got the pkt 3 I was already with my interview scheduled.

By the way, they keep record for when you call them, and I called them every day. at the time they had a date, the girl almost yelled at me "23 DE JANEIRO!!".

Thanks for the heads up. :thumbs:

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

To be honest I hate these people guts, they are really lazy and amazingly impolite. Whoever applied for a visitor visa, or, in my case, got a visa denied, knows what I am talking about.

I understand the Americans that work there being xenophobic (it is their job) , but I really don't understand why the Brazilians that work there are so mean to other Brazilians.

I beg to disagree. I've work with some of them a while back, and the ones I got to know were really nice people, not xenophobic at all and deeply in love with Brazil.

When they are interviewing us to issue a visa, they have to play the devil's advocate roll; not a good way to gain anyone's sympathy, but it's their job to be suspicious, after all we are a high fraud contry... :(

Like I said, it is their job to be xenophobic. I don't judge them or anything. But the Brazilian citizens that work there are just douches full of envy.

eta: We are a fraud country thanks to Globo and their soap operas, and showing how the "J Sisters" are sucessful after breaking the law (and of course linking Brazil with the lack of pubes)

Edited by Reynaldo

Timeline
But the Brazilian citizens that work there are just douches full of envy.

When I was waiting in line to do my passport, I heard someone make the exact same comment...Maybe they think they're better than everybody else because they work for "the States"...

eta: We are a fraud country thanks to Globo and their soap operas, and showing how the "J Sisters" are sucessful after breaking the law (and of course linking Brazil with the lack of pubes)

Last time I watched a soap opera...I think it was my first semester in college. Hate them!

That one specifically was one I avoided at all costs. I couldn't stand they were trying to sell rodeos as a glamorous thing. :angry:

What was portraited there was happening way before that, though. That author seldom has an idea of her own, she grabs whatever hits the news big times and turns it into a (cheesy, lame) soap opera.

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Timeline
Last time I watched a soap opera...I think it was my first semester in college. Hate them!

That one specifically was one I avoided at all costs. I couldn't stand they were trying to sell rodeos as a glamorous thing. :angry:

What was portraited there was happening way before that, though. That author seldom has an idea of her own, she grabs whatever hits the news big times and turns it into a (cheesy, lame) soap opera.

I hate soaps.

But they have showed me that once you cross the Rio Grande you are less than 30km (yes people, the metric system) away from Miami....

And I was also surprised with the fact that everyone speaks portuguese there, even the Mexicans, and the people that are not immigrants speak portuguese with an accent that doesn't sound from the US at all.

Not to mention that the Mexicans have Rio de Janeiro-Portuguese accent

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Like I said, it is their job to be xenophobic. I don't judge them or anything. But the Brazilian citizens that work there are just douches full of envy.

:o:lol:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I hate soaps.

But they have showed me that once you cross the Rio Grande you are less than 30km (yes people, the metric system) away from Miami....

And I was also surprised with the fact that everyone speaks portuguese there, even the Mexicans, and the people that are not immigrants speak portuguese with an accent that doesn't sound from the US at all.

Not to mention that the Mexicans have Rio de Janeiro-Portuguese accent

:lol::lol:

Oh... :cry: and I've missed all that "usefull" info :lol:

Timeline

:lol:

I couldn't stand that soap opera "America".

And yes, thanks for the heads up for the interview date, etc.

I'm getting really nervous/excited!

My fiance and I have to make alot of reservations/appointments/plans in the next few weeks so I guess our phone conversation tonight will be very long ;)

I appreciate the help.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline

:o:lol:

And I will be idle in NYC for 3 months. I will pay them a visit and tell them they are destroying my country, one bikini wax at a time.

Timeline

Being idel in NYC for 3 months is great!

I only have a week this whole year so I'm envious.

11/2004 - Met in Brazil

09/2006 - Apply for K1

03/2007 - K1 approved

04/2007 - Apply for AOS & EAD

07/2007 - EAD approved

01/2008 - Conditional Residency approved

11/2009 - Apply to remove conditions

02/2010 - Permanent Residency approved

11/2010 - Apply for Citizenship

03/2011 - Citizenship approved

07/2011 - Moved back to Brazil

Timeline
And I will be idle in NYC for 3 months. I will pay them a visit and tell them they are destroying my country, one bikini wax at a time.

i'm guessing alex does not do that :whistle::P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

HA. Do YOU?

Timeline

HA. Do YOU?

Charles, you silence speaks more than a 1000 words....

Timeline

HA. Do YOU?

Charles, you silence speaks more than a 1000 words....

i'm on a different work schedule right now. the previous answers were me just popping into vj and seeing what was there. no, i don't btw. i'd hate to be responsible for filling up a local landfill :blush:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline
i'm on a different work schedule right now. the previous answers were me just popping into vj and seeing what was there. no, i don't btw. i'd hate to be responsible for filling up a local landfill :blush:

Anywho, my country should be know for its violence and not for something that is not even from here.

Eta: maybe for being one of the BRIC...

Edited by Reynaldo

Timeline

I hate brazilian soap opera, I would never watch anything in Brazil since 1996 I think when I first had cable at home and started to fall in love with American ####### tv, so I quit watching Globo, Sbt, it was either cable tv or I would prefer to read a book or something. Oh, with the exception of a couple of Big Brothers I watched.

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.