Reynaldo

Is it just me...

118 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Another thing: If you have small children, you'll have to hide the guns and separate guns from ammo. That reduces time for you to react to a imminent threat, doesn't it?

one solution is to put them out of reach. i've done that before, btw.

Like I said, I wouldn't have the guts to let my kids be in the same place with a gun.

I do wish I could learn how to shoot, as a sport, without killing anyone (or anything).

But owning guns, I honestly can't...

i'd teach you but that would mean alex would have to visit kansas :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
Another thing: If you have small children, you'll have to hide the guns and separate guns from ammo. That reduces time for you to react to a imminent threat, doesn't it?

one solution is to put them out of reach. i've done that before, btw.

Like I said, I wouldn't have the guts to let my kids be in the same place with a gun.

I do wish I could learn how to shoot, as a sport, without killing anyone (or anything).

But owning guns, I honestly can't...

That would be great! Then you could drive another hour and come visit us, Rey.

The test of courage comes when we are in the minority. The test of tolerance comes when we are in the majority.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

I will have to go to KC now.

I am supposed to be there now. If it weren't for a (un)lucky error in my J-1 application, I would be there making less money than an illegal immigrant.

Now I have to see it for myself, or else I will live a empty life.

ETA: I was supposed to work in a underground business complex. And when I mean underground I mean inside a effin mountain...

Edited by Reynaldo

Timeline

I am supposed to be there now. If it weren't for a (un)lucky error in my J-1 application, I would be there making less money than an illegal immigrant.

ETA: I was supposed to work in a underground business complex. And when I mean underground I mean inside a effin mountain...

someone is lying to you.......we don't have any mountains in kc

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

someone is lying to you.......we don't have any mountains in kc

portuguese-ism.

I meant hill

Timeline

Charles, you said something I can relate to. Growing up in Rondonia (near the Amazon) we were used to having a lot of guns in the house and in our farm, the brazilians should be familiar with how things go up North, Marlboro Land. Dad never HID the guns so much as having them under the car seat, in his sock drawer, or a big shotgun hust sitting inside the closet and all were kept loaded and none of us kids EVER touched the guns 'cus we knew better not to. But then again we were obedient, well behaved kids.

(Puerto Rico) Luis & Laura (Brazil) K1 JOURNEY
04/11/2006 - Filed I-129F.
09/29/2006 - Visa in hand!

10/15/2006 - POE San Juan
11/15/2006 - MARRIAGE

AOS JOURNEY
01/05/2007 - AOS sent to Chicago.
03/26/2007 - Green Card in hand!

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS JOURNEY
01/26/2009 - Filed I-751.
06/22/2009 - Green Card in hand!

NATURALIZATION JOURNEY
06/26/2014 - N-400 sent to Nebraska
07/02/2014 - NOA
07/24/2014 - Biometrics
10/24/2014 - Interview (approved)

01/16/2015 - Oath Ceremony

*View Complete Timeline

Timeline

I am waiting for some Hasidic Jew to call me and drive around some apartments... and I'll add that in the neighborhood I grew up in, these are the instances of gun use since my family moved in:

1995, a man shoots his wife when he wakes up and thinks she's a burglar, she dies

1998, my neighbor (14 years old) takes dad's gun and kills himself

2000, 6-year-old shoots self with grandpa's gun, didn't die but is now paralyzed

Timeline
I am waiting for some Hasidic Jew to call me and drive around some apartments... and I'll add that in the neighborhood I grew up in, these are the instances of gun use since my family moved in:

1995, a man shoots his wife when he wakes up and thinks she's a burglar, she dies

2000, 6-year-old shoots self with grandpa's gun, didn't die but is now paralyzed

According to you that is the rule, according to charles that is the exception that proves the rule.

By the way, we all know that gun control will not take firearms away from criminals.

We are discussing if we should or should not take firearms away from a regular person, right?

Edited by Reynaldo

Timeline

According to you that is the rule, according to charles that is the exception that proves the rule.

By the way, we all know that gun control will not take firearms away from criminals.

We are discussing if we should or should not take firearms away from a regular person, right?

Certain types, certain rules with them, etc. It's not that simple.

Timeline
Charles, you said something I can relate to. Growing up in Rondonia (near the Amazon) we were used to having a lot of guns in the house and in our farm, the brazilians should be familiar with how things go up North, Marlboro Land. Dad never HID the guns so much as having them under the car seat, in his sock drawer, or a big shotgun hust sitting inside the closet and all were kept loaded and none of us kids EVER touched the guns 'cus we knew better not to. But then again we were obedient, well behaved kids.

yeah, i think that is the problem nowadays. not enough kids that are obedient and well behaved.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

situation 1 - an excellent example of the rule: know what one is aiming at.

situation 2 is sad, yet when someone wants to commit suicide, don't they usually find a way with or without a gun?

situation 3 is downright idiotic. why a 6 year old could access a gun is beyond me.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

Certain types, certain rules with them, etc. It's not that simple.

it never is, but what is your proposed solution to it all?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.