PearlyLemons

Feeling anxious and worried.

40 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Our petition runs out in 13 days and neither the DOS or the embassy seem helpful. I have been told I need to send in DS230 part 2 to the Embassy, and another time I've been told I need to wait for my interview to be scheduled.

I sent my DS2001 on the 11th July, and it was signed for at the embassy on the 12th, but nothing has been updated on CEAC. Could they have lost it? Do I send another one? When I spoke to the Embassy (read - call center in Scotland) they told me it would mess up my application if I sent another one. I'm worried I may have left a form out but I know they udpated CEAC on the 9th (with packet 3 I sent) and then on the 10th with my medical results so I'm assuming they're happy with what I've sent? I spoke to the embassy a few days ago and asked for a code to email the embassy and they wouldn't give me to code to email them.

Right now I am feeling very anxious and not sure what to do. The DOS and embassy phone lines are NOT in any way helpful.

Please, does anyone have any advice?

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 received - 07.05.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Packet 3 logged on CEAC - 09.07.13

Medical - 05.07.13

Medical results received at embassy - 10.07.13

DS2001 received at embassy 12.07.13

Last status update on CEAC 10.07.13 - Ready

Packet 4 received - 07.08.13

Interview - 15.08.13 - Approved.

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed 16.11.13

USCIS received applications 18.11.13

Biometrics appointment 13.12.13

Waiting..

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Kenya
Timeline

i dont believe in ceac updates. my case was shiped out of nvc on 22 july and it has remained in transit upto now. today the embasy emailed us they have received the case and gave us K1 Instruction.

Timeline

I would think that the DS2001 would not result in a CEAC update - as long as the updates were made for the packet 3 and the medical then I think that is OK. That is because the DS2001 only tells them you arr ready - there is no information on it that they will use to "update" your case.

If it was signed for I am sure they have it - and it can take up to a month to get an interview date. I would think you would hear something really soon. For me it was 21 days - you are now at about that so you may hear this week but I know that people have said that appointments are given out in sets so deoending on the time of month it might take you a little longer. I also think they are happy with your forms as they have logged them and I think if they had a problem they would have let you know. Anyway, as Nich-Nik has said before, I dont think anyone actualy looks them over until your interview - never seen a case where someone was asked to ectify a forms mistake, they would just tell you at interview.

The offical word from DOS has usually been that it can take 6 weeks so you are well within that processing time. I know it is hard :( but try to be patient... I think you have done everything right and you are so close now. If you do need to call someone I have always found DOS much nicer and easier and cheaper to deal with although I know you have not found this to be the case so far! I think though this is just bcause you are just in the waiting line for an interview so there is no more info to give you.

Also, with the petition expiry, I think that usually if it runs out because they are slow issuing appointments, then its OK. (Although I'll let someone more experienced confirm this!) You might want to get a new, notarised, letter of intent from your fiance though as I have heard this can be requested in cases where the petition is expired before interview - so thay have evidence that they are still willing to marry you!

I hope you wil hear something this week!

Zoe

There is a new contact form now since they seem to have disabled the call center number.

http://london.usembassy.gov/niv/visa_contact_form.html

I wouldn't get worried until 3 weeks had passed. I'll bet you get it next Wednesday. Anybody else want to play the game and pick a date??

The embassy is all messed up with their changes this week too.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Timeline

I would think that the DS2001 would not result in a CEAC update - as long as the updates were made for the packet 3 and the medical then I think that is OK. That is because the DS2001 only tells them you arr ready - there is no information on it that they will use to "update" your case.

If it was signed for I am sure they have it - and it can take up to a month to get an interview date. I would think you would hear something really soon. For me it was 21 days - you are now at about that so you may hear this week but I know that people have said that appointments are given out in sets so deoending on the time of month it might take you a little longer. I also think they are happy with your forms as they have logged them and I think if they had a problem they would have let you know. Anyway, as Nich-Nik has said before, I dont think anyone actualy looks them over until your interview - never seen a case where someone was asked to ectify a forms mistake, they would just tell you at interview.

The offical word from DOS has usually been that it can take 6 weeks so you are well within that processing time. I know it is hard sad.png but try to be patient... I think you have done everything right and you are so close now. If you do need to call someone I have always found DOS much nicer and easier and cheaper to deal with although I know you have not found this to be the case so far! I think though this is just bcause you are just in the waiting line for an interview so there is no more info to give you.

Also, with the petition expiry, I think that usually if it runs out because they are slow issuing appointments, then its OK. (Although I'll let someone more experienced confirm this!) You might want to get a new, notarised, letter of intent from your fiance though as I have heard this can be requested in cases where the petition is expired before interview - so thay have evidence that they are still willing to marry you!

I hope you wil hear something this week!

Zoe

Zoe, thank-you so much for your supportive sentiments. I'm feeling a bit better about it all today so I'm just trying to waiting patiently ;). I managed to get through to someone else at the DOS last night who said that everything looks good and that I needed to just wait for the interview letter so that put me at ease. Jeff is getting the notarized letter done this week.

Nich-Nick, thank-you for that link. I will definitely use that if I haven't heard anything by Friday (3 weeks).

Emmy

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Medical - 05.07.13

AOS

Waiting..

You'll be fine, probably best to get a notarized letter ready just incase. My fiance had to get something else notarized and it only cost $20 in new york, so its not a lot of money lost either.

Out of interest, what are the 'block dates' or period that the embassy start handing out mass interview dates? I have seen a lot of timelines who took the medical early July and are still waiting...

I just had my medical today...

Timeline

You'll be fine, probably best to get a notarized letter ready just incase. My fiance had to get something else notarized and it only cost $20 in new york, so its not a lot of money lost either.

Out of interest, what are the 'block dates' or period that the embassy start handing out mass interview dates? I have seen a lot of timelines who took the medical early July and are still waiting...

I just had my medical today...

Thank-you :). I don't know when they start giving out block interview. Hopefully it's soon!

K1 Visa

NOA2 - 13.04.13

Packet 3 sent - 26.06.13

Medical - 05.07.13

AOS

Waiting..

Timeline

I also sent off my forms on July 11th but not signed. I assume they have my records. I got told today I had to set up an account on the usvisa-info.com and select the K visa option, pick a courier servie and pay MRV and that it will take 3 business days to process the transaction, after which I am to go back to the site and select an interview date and time.

So it might be that we don't wait but we have to do it ourselves perhaps? Have you done any of that?

Anyone else had this happen? I have paid the $240 (150 UK) and have the receipt of it.

I also sent off my forms on July 11th but not signed. I assume they have my records. I got told today I had to set up an account on the usvisa-info.com and select the K visa option, pick a courier servie and pay MRV and that it will take 3 business days to process the transaction, after which I am to go back to the site and select an interview date and time.

So it might be that we don't wait but we have to do it ourselves perhaps? Have you done any of that?

Anyone else had this happen? I have paid the $240 (150 UK) and have the receipt of it.

How were you told of this? Packet 4, email? I'm confused...I just finished my medical...do I simply wait to be told of my next step? Or am I missing something?

I set up an account via your link above, but obv there isn't an option for me to pay the fee/schedule anything as they haven't got my medical results yet...

Timeline

I am on VJ every day and I saw that there were some issues with couriers etc and I was also curious with my case status etc so I went rummaging around on various sites.

On the London Embassy site it now states you have to fill in form DS260, I thought '####### another form!?" when I went to where the form was located (ceac.state.gov/ceac) I couldnt figure out my invoice ID, so I decided to call the embassy (contact number 0203 608 6998) and the people on there deal with the usvisa-info.com site info. This was the first I realised there was such a site! He told me I had to set up an account in order to pay MRV, do courier and book my appointment... but in order to do so I HAD to fill in the DS260 form, but he couldn't help me with the Invoice ID because he didn't know where to find it either gaaah! I hung up and decided to do some rummaging. I chose to put in a wrong Invoice ID number and luckily a red alert came up saying contact the NVC if you have forgotten it!

So I called the NVC in new hampshire (tel: +1 (603) 334-0700), which wasn't too long a wait as they had just opened. The lady did the checks and I asked her for it and she just gave it to me.

So I went back and filled in the DS260 and all it said was that I had to fill in DS230 parts 1 and 2 and send to the embasy, which I have done so already, so got more confused, and decided to check my case status instead which told me that all was fine with my case and that I now just had to wait for an interview!!! So contradicting info about waiting for interview and scheduling an interview.

In the meantime I checked my email, i had gotten a transaction complete email from the usvisa people and when I went back to check my account it said my status was at 'attend interview' stage... but what interview date?? So I called them up, this is when I got told that I should check over the next 3 days as it takes that long to clear the transaction and that once it's done I can schedule an interview, hmmm not sure about all this so I called the embassy main number 0207 49990000 and the lady there simply said that I had to wait about another 2 weeks for my interview date. So again conflicting info!!!

Right now I'm going to just wait for a few days and try everyone again on Monday and see what has happened.

I had my medical on the 22nd so it's been a while so my case is all in their system. I'm hoping its on the new system and I can go ahead and book my interview date.

Hey guys---

K1s can't pick an interview. A confused person was giving the wrong answer to GeeH in my opinion. Only people going to the embassy for student, tourist, and other non-immigrant visas can make their own appointment. They have always made their own appointment, but now they make it online.

K1s will still be notified of an interview date in a letter (packet 4) after their application forms, medical results, and readiness for interview document are received by the embassy. No change there. Then they do the new thing. Go online, pick K1 choice, pay for the visa fee, and either choose a free delivery depot for picking up the passport or choose home delivery,for $30. (No longer available is the old way of paying the visa over the phone and scheduling the courier in the corner of the waiting room on interview day,)

Problem-- people who got stuck halfway between old and new system. They already paid the visa fee over the phone last week or earlier. They went to an interview this week and the courier is gone so they couldn't pay or choose a delivery place. The embassy is trying to sort them out and says they will notify them when they figure something out.

If you are still waiting on an interview you hopefully will fit nicely into the new system unless you eagerly paid your fee over the phone early thinking it would get you an interview faster. Then you are also stuck halfway between old and new system. Maybe it will be sorted what to do with the half&half people with this weeks lot of interviews.

Methinks project planning was lacking before they went live with the new system Bam! over night.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Timeline

So this following is how I have decided to tackle the rest of the process after reading every bit of information (contradictory or otherwise)

1. sign up for account on www.usvisa-info.com

2. attend medical

3. wait for (and receive) letter with interview date

4. 'add recipient' in my account at www.usvisa-info.com (using interview date to complete the 'post assigned interview date' section previously holding me back)

5. Pay for visa

6. Choose delivery option

7. Attend Interview

8. Receive visa in the mail.

all going well of course!

Does this sound about right? am I missing anything? Am I right (as a k-1 applicant) to not have any further involvement with the CEAC website from this moment onwards?

So just to confirm that I am reading this correct, We will get a post in the mail for our 4th packet and it will directed on how to pay and what our interview date is ..the end? lol

Hey guys---

K1s can't pick an interview. A confused person was giving the wrong answer to GeeH in my opinion. Only people going to the embassy for student, tourist, and other non-immigrant visas can make their own appointment. They have always made their own appointment, but now they make it online.

K1s will still be notified of an interview date in a letter (packet 4) after their application forms, medical results, and readiness for interview document are received by the embassy. No change there. Then they do the new thing. Go online, pick K1 choice, pay for the visa fee, and either choose a free delivery depot for picking up the passport or choose home delivery,for $30. (No longer available is the old way of paying the visa over the phone and scheduling the courier in the corner of the waiting room on interview day,)

Problem-- people who got stuck halfway between old and new system. They already paid the visa fee over the phone last week or earlier. They went to an interview this week and the courier is gone so they couldn't pay or choose a delivery place. The embassy is trying to sort them out and says they will notify them when they figure something out.

If you are still waiting on an interview you hopefully will fit nicely into the new system unless you eagerly paid your fee over the phone early thinking it would get you an interview faster. Then you are also stuck halfway between old and new system. Maybe it will be sorted what to do with the half&half people with this weeks lot of interviews.

Methinks project planning was lacking before they went live with the new system Bam! over night.

So just to confirm that I am reading this correct, We will get a post in the mail for our 4th packet and it will directed on how to pay and what our interview date is ..the end? lol

A copy of the letter I've last seen posted is at the end this post #45 of you want to see what an interview letter looks like http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/350185-london-2012-k1s-from-noa2-to-interview-thread/?p=5193825

The letter tells your date and time and refers you to the London website. That website document already has the new instructions for payment.

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/164203/cons-visa/IV019_fiance_appt_letter.pdf

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

10-05-08 Married

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.