Brent and Vika

Funny but true RUB video

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would have still laughed at this if I wasn't getting married to a Ukrainian. But i know how true this is from my experiences with Vika and my time spent in Ukraine. RUB's are not easily shocked as someone told me and this is a great example. I honestly think it is part of what we all love about them. Hope you enjoy it too.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-february-19-2013/how-i-meteored-your-motherland

I remember my buddy's first time meeting my wife. "Damn, dude. I thought you were joking when you talked about how hard she is."

Here's another good one that offers a unique insight into RUB stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRIsC764Nn4

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline

I remember my buddy's first time meeting my wife. "Damn, dude. I thought you were joking when you talked about how hard she is."

Ha! That's funny. We went to Mexico for our first meeting after Vikas and my

Good friend introduced us. Great time but when you go shopping there everyone bothers the heck out of you to buy their stuff. They will literally follow you down the street talking to you. Vika acted like she didn't speak English and i used my limited Russian to act like I didn't either. Made shopping a lot more enjoyable. Except for the one Mexican who knew russian, He busted me lol.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Thanks Brent! I laughed my @ss off watching this, so did Alla. I forwarded it to Sergey who always sends me funny Russian/Ukrainian videos.

Good stuff.

Congratulations!

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Good to see you around again Slim! Good video.

What ever happened to the video of the Russian street fight, where they were heaving manhole covers at each other. I think I lost a little pee watching that one! laughing.gif I think you posted that one.

Brent, you are in for the ride of your life, remember the magic words ... все для тебя, моя птичка.

Anything for you, my little bird!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Good to see you around again Slim! Good video.

What ever happened to the video of the Russian street fight, where they were heaving manhole covers at each other. I think I lost a little pee watching that one! laughing.gif I think you posted that one.

Brent, you are in for the ride of your life, remember the magic words ... все для тебя, моя птичка.

Anything for you, my little bird!

I'm ready for the ride. Been ready since a couple weeks into talking to each other. Never thought I'd know that over the Internet. Who would have thought? Nice thing for Vika is that one of her best friends from Ukriane is married to one of my good friends. So she isnt alone here in Baton Rouge and has a great friend from childhood to show her the ropes. Side note, I think we owe our friends a nice dinner for setting us up a year and half ago. It's been the best thing that ever happened to me. Its funny how much i appreciate the differneces in Ukrainian women to American women. The contrasts are stark. I read somewhere that RUB women can be cold or as slim said hard. I view that as a strength and good thing for a relationship. Id rather deal with cold or hard than Bat Sh$t crazy any day of the week. Lol. But no matter what it's going to be a heck of an adventure. I have 3 kids (joint custody) and she has a son who is only one day older than my twins. So some weeks ill have three 6 year olds and a 4 year old. God help me!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

The videos were just so hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

What foreigners don't understand about Russians when they see them for the first time is: our default face is a pokerface. If you're riding the underground surrounded by grim-looking people - they're not angry or anything, that's just the default face. We're not taught to express emotions openly, but we have them. As well as a core. We're tough and hard to read but not evil or something. :)

('You think this bad neighbourhood?' - i'll have to remember this one. Lol)

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

The videos were just so hilarious. Thanks for sharing!

What foreigners don't understand about Russians when they see them for the first time is: our default face is a pokerface. If you're riding the underground surrounded by grim-looking people - they're not angry or anything, that's just the default face. We're not taught to express emotions openly, but we have them. As well as a core. We're tough and hard to read but not evil or something. smile.png

('You think this bad neighbourhood?' - i'll have to remember this one. Lol)

How very true about FSU people.

At first the people would appear rude or not friendly. Yet anywhere I went I was treated very well because I was a "guest", people even offered to allow me ahead of them in line. I found that the difference is that FSU folks are genuine. Ask them how they are and they will tell you! They rarely say the are "great", they will say "Korosho"..."OK" I asked a friend about this, he said "If I say GREAT it means I won the lottery, otherwise I am just OK" AKA "No Bullsh*t"

Alla was somewhat disappointed when she arrived here and everyone said "Hi! How are you?" and she would try to tell them how she was and how many days she had been here and where she was from and..."they look like they will run like rabbits"

Alla, moya ptichka, they do not care how you are. "They are fake?" Yes, Alla, they are fake. They are trying to be polite. "It is polite to be fake? Very strange" So she adopted the practice of saying "GRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTT!" whenever someone asked how she was.

She was talking to a woman in Lowe's about flowers. The woman says "Where are you from?" Alla said "Colchester". laughing.gif "I, um, uh, didn't know where the accent was from." "Colchester" laughing.gif

Another asked her that and she said "Ukraine" The person said "oh...I have never been to Africa" "neither have I" said Alla. "from now on I just say 'Colchester' "

When Obama was elected the IL Governor had to appoint a new Senator and tried to shake down people for a few million $$$ to influence his choice. It was a huge scandal of course. Did it even raise an eyebrow for Alla? No way. "What do people think he will do?" laughing.gif

I about burst out laughing when Putin recently said why he was not too involved in "this Snoden mess" he said "Such things remind me of shearing a baby pig...lots of squeeling but no wool"

Gary And Alla

Timeline

For me...I liked the cow tipping the best. Alla lost it when the "typical Russian woman" ripped the bumper off the car! "Give me cheese, I will eat" laughing.gif She also liked the woman kicking the car!

OK, so explain to me how a lot of Americans got the impression that the "typical Russian woman" was named Olga, built like a tank, wore the same clothes for sleep, daywear, evening wear and beachwear and can pull carts full of lumber...uphill...in a snowstorm ???

I think it is some leftover cold war propoganda to keep us from surrendering to get to the women!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

I'm ready for the ride. Been ready since a couple weeks into talking to each other. Never thought I'd know that over the Internet. Who would have thought? Nice thing for Vika is that one of her best friends from Ukriane is married to one of my good friends. So she isnt alone here in Baton Rouge and has a great friend from childhood to show her the ropes. Side note, I think we owe our friends a nice dinner for setting us up a year and half ago. It's been the best thing that ever happened to me. Its funny how much i appreciate the differneces in Ukrainian women to American women. The contrasts are stark. I read somewhere that RUB women can be cold or as slim said hard. I view that as a strength and good thing for a relationship. Id rather deal with cold or hard than Bat Sh$t crazy any day of the week. Lol. But no matter what it's going to be a heck of an adventure. I have 3 kids (joint custody) and she has a son who is only one day older than my twins. So some weeks ill have three 6 year olds and a 4 year old. God help me!

I would not say "cold" or "hard" but Slim's experience may vary. I do find them very direct and no nonsense. For the most part if you take care of the "man" stuff, she will take care of the "woman" stuff and everything is fine. But they are definitely honest, blunt, direct.

They have double standards they readily admit to. They tend to be possessive, do not forget that. On the other hand, you are marrying a very beaufiul woman that is going to get attention...and she wants attention, so let her have her fun. Most of all make sure she knows you think she is the most (only) beautiful woman in the world.

But when we come to Ukraine..."Where are you going?" To get ice cream. "Where?" At the kiosk on the corner. "You will go directly there and come directly back?" Yes. "Don't talk to other women" OK. "Wait, I will go with you" laughing.gif I love it.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

But when we come to Ukraine..."Where are you going?" To get ice cream. "Where?" At the kiosk on the corner. "You will go directly there and come directly back?" Yes. "Don't talk to other women" OK. "Wait, I will go with you" laughing.gif I love it.

Lol lol lol.

This thread reminds me - i read a great book written by an American (with Russian parents, i think) on how Russian background and linguistics influence the way Russians appear very stern and prohibiting when they speak English. It really explains a lot - like when Russians use sentence constructions that are neutral in Russian but sound very prohibiting in English.

I'm the beneficiary.

....................................................................................................................................................................

Don't have a timeline? Don't know how to get started with it? Do it for the statistics sake: VJ video guide

Filing for a USC spouse visa (IR-1/CR-1) and not sure what comes next? Check out the VJ IR-1/CR-1 guide

Want to know what's happening with your case? Here's the USCIS tracking page (get an account and see if the case's been 'touched'!). Don't get your hopes up though, some cases never even appear there despite being successfully processed.

Timeline

Lol lol lol.

This thread reminds me - i read a great book written by an American (with Russian parents, i think) on how Russian background and linguistics influence the way Russians appear very stern and prohibiting when they speak English. It really explains a lot - like when Russians use sentence constructions that are neutral in Russian but sound very prohibiting in English.

Alla has no worries about me going to the store in Vermont. She figures she is safe from the "woodchuck women" but she worries about the "man eaters" in Ukraine. "The economy is not so good in Donetsk and there are many attractive women who want a man"

The lack of "articles" in Russian (the, an, a) often carries over to direct translation. "I go store" and makes them sound "short" and not polite. Sounds strange in English. "where you go?" "I go store" Hence the commentary on the video..."Give cheese....I eat" This is where Alla lost it. She showed this to her Mom and tried to translate...meh. It was lost on her. As a typical Russian, she was not impressed. "And Vooooowhat?"

I do recall a few weeks after Alla arrived we went out late on a Saturday and were driving back through Burlington on the way home. A man, obviously drunk, was staggering along in the middle of the street, finally getting across while I waited for him. Alla says "This is the first normal looking man I have seen here" huh.png

I have heard Russians accused of being overly animated and even angry sounding when speaking normally. I do not agree. But there was a funny "Simpson's" episode where they depicted it as two old men playing chess. One stands up, kicks the table over, throws the chess pieces around and screams "Good game Yuri...see you tomorrow for another." laughing.gif I have not found that to be true, at least not usually. However my experience is mostly in Ukraine, so there may be some Russian nuance I am missing. laughing.gif

There is nothing like a beautiful Ukrainian woman snuggled up to you on a cold night whispering "good words" in Russian in your ear until you sleep.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Alla has no worries about me going to the store in Vermont. She figures she is safe from the "woodchuck women" but she worries about the "man eaters" in Ukraine. "The economy is not so good in Donetsk and there are many attractive women who want a man"

The lack of "articles" in Russian (the, an, a) often carries over to direct translation. "I go store" and makes them sound "short" and not polite. Sounds strange in English. "where you go?" "I go store" Hence the commentary on the video..."Give cheese....I eat" This is where Alla lost it. She showed this to her Mom and tried to translate...meh. It was lost on her. As a typical Russian, she was not impressed. "And Vooooowhat?"

I do recall a few weeks after Alla arrived we went out late on a Saturday and were driving back through Burlington on the way home. A man, obviously drunk, was staggering along in the middle of the street, finally getting across while I waited for him. Alla says "This is the first normal looking man I have seen here" huh.png

I have heard Russians accused of being overly animated and even angry sounding when speaking normally. I do not agree. But there was a funny "Simpson's" episode where they depicted it as two old men playing chess. One stands up, kicks the table over, throws the chess pieces around and screams "Good game Yuri...see you tomorrow for another." laughing.gif I have not found that to be true, at least not usually. However my experience is mostly in Ukraine, so there may be some Russian nuance I am missing. laughing.gif

There is nothing like a beautiful Ukrainian woman snuggled up to you on a cold night whispering "good words" in Russian in your ear until you sleep.

Woodchuck women.. Too funny lol. I'm watching NCIS now and there's Ziva David calling rednecks redthroats. I just love her cute little language mistakes.

Ukrainian women are more of man eaters than the Russian ones - we're now more relaxed about looks somehow. I noticed that when i worked in Kiev. I had colleagues coming to Moscow after Kiev and they were surprised they weren't seeing so much of the 'man eatery' clothes and stuff here.

I'm the beneficiary.

Timeline

Woodchuck women.. Too funny lol. I'm watching NCIS now and there's Ziva David calling rednecks redthroats. I just love her cute little language mistakes.

Ukrainian women are more of man eaters than the Russian ones - we're now more relaxed about looks somehow. I noticed that when i worked in Kiev. I had colleagues coming to Moscow after Kiev and they were surprised they weren't seeing so much of the 'man eatery' clothes and stuff here.

I read a recent article where the fashions in Russia (Moscow in particular) were becoming more "tame" and more casual, that women were not spending so much on "high fashion" but still demanded a few "flashy things"

We have been in Ukraine for some time this summer and I see no change in fashions here. Still the women are gliding over the cobblestones and broken sidewalks in high heels and dress like they are going to a night club to wash the floors yes.gif I cannot imagine there has been any slump in sales of Kozmetiks.

They are also very "not shy" and will easily strike up a conversation for little or no reason and give you their phone number in under 2 minutes...which is how I met Alla. laughing.gif She does not forget that. While most are the usual "hot" but not overtly sexual type of dress, I did see a girl yesterday evening who's short skirt did NOT "cover the situation" and left her with an additional 2 cheeks to powder! ohmy.pngohmy.png Alla almost caught me looking! ph34r.png

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.