macpaf

Recommend Immigration lawyers handling K-1 for Pakistan

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hi,

Can someone recommend me a good (trustworthy) immigration lawyer that has experience handling K1 visa when the fiancee is in Pakistan? Any will do, but I live in california, any good attorneys here would be best.

I have a few questions I need clarification on.

Thanks!

Timeline

Hi,

Can someone recommend me a good (trustworthy) immigration lawyer that has experience handling K1 visa when the fiancee is in Pakistan? Any will do, but I live in california, any good attorneys here would be best.

I have a few questions I need clarification on.

Thanks!

Have you tried your questions here first? VJ is free. ;)

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Yes I can !!!!!

He actually also went thru the k1 process himself he is great

Please tell him that I recommended you to him and that we met thru visa journey ...

eric@deanvisaoffice.com

Love

Angelina diana

aw, noo! dont waste you hard earned money on a lawyer! you can do it just like the rest of the 4335654654645 people on visa joruney have done. really it's so EASY! ask any questions you need. all a lawyer really does is take your money and send in forms..so basically you are paying thoudands for a postal service!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Lawyers will just get your hard-earned money.....and in the end you're still be the one gathering all the information, pertinent documents. Read thru the guides here or ask around. Visajourney folks are full of knowlede/experience and willing to help. Goodluck!

Dont waste your money on a lawyer if you guys dont have any red flags, even though your fiance is living in pakistan hiring a lawyer wont do anything at all and it doesnt mean the process will be more easier... good luckk

Peårl £ûvs «Aåmïr»

Timeline

The thing is, I am planning to marry my fiancee when she comes to US. I went to pakistan in August to get engaged with her, but I just don't know if the embassy interviewer would mark this as a red flag since, typically pakistanis get married and then go to US on a marriage visa, especially if its a female.

Our plan was to marry in March but then i got a permanent job that I was going to start and i didn't think I would get enough vacation time to come to pakistan and marry. So we decided, I go to Pakistan for a week and a half, get engaged, keep getting to know each other, same time we will have the K1 visa process going... once the K1 is complete, she comes to US, her uncle and auntie will also be attending (they live in US). Another reason was that I have all my friends and family (at least who I keep in touch with) will be in US and would be able to attend. Ive heard there can be issues because the interviewer can first ask, why didn't you marry in pakistan and the reason needs to be a well off reason. And also they may get skeptical if the parents will not be at the wedding.

Ive seen some real horror stories where the interviewer alleged the interviewee is married (without much proof) and therefore the application would be rejected. I mean these guys, can pretty much do what they want. Our recourse is very little, heck even getting senators help would be limited. So i just want to make sure I dont make a mistake...

So if this is going to be a red flag, I just wanted to check with a lawyer on what the recourse can be if they say anything.

Any thoughts? Im really confused with this now. When i first did it, it soulded like a good idea.. but after 9 months, i just dont know what they will think.

Timeline

Just to add -

This was an arranged thing. but we wanted to get to know each other first so thats why we wanted to marry in March in pakistan after speaking over the phone and skype, etc. But once I got the job, I just told my new employers to hold off my start date, let me travel back for two weeks and ill come back and start. I knew i wouldn't be able to get enough time off to get married, especially the kind of marriages in pakistan that take weeks. And plus I wouldn't know anyone in the marriage

Also, when i say the parents will not attend the wedding, I mean her parents, they live in pakistan and cannot attend because of visas and stuff.

Im just suspecting the interview expects a straight forward case, and any type of issues like this, they get skeptical about it and put someone on AP for months/years only resulting in refusal for the visa at the end.

Just to add -

This was an arranged thing. but we wanted to get to know each other first so thats why we wanted to marry in March in pakistan after speaking over the phone and skype, etc. But once I got the job, I just told my new employers to hold off my start date, let me travel back for two weeks and ill come back and start. I knew i wouldn't be able to get enough time off to get married, especially the kind of marriages in pakistan that take weeks. And plus I wouldn't know anyone in the marriage

Also, when i say the parents will not attend the wedding, I mean her parents, they live in pakistan and cannot attend because of visas and stuff.

Im just suspecting the interview expects a straight forward case, and any type of issues like this, they get skeptical about it and put someone on AP for months/years only resulting in refusal for the visa at the end.

I think your fine. Islamabad is a hard one forsure. interviewing officers will try to be tricky and say your husband this your husband that...... she just needs to correct them by saying no..... fiance... not hubby yet. Expect some sort of AP (administrative processing) mostly done on folks from MENA countrys, can last few weeks to many many many months. Thats the worst case senerio

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.