ERICHANDSVETA

paying for the embassy interview..

10 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Ok, here is my situation. My petition is now in Moscow, ready to roll. I am trying to pay for this, and found a website to pay for it with a credit card (it was a link from the embassy website)

I am reading the page with the credit card info, and it is asking for DOB and phoen #s and such things, but what I am curious about, is nowhere does it say if they are asking for her info or mine, and since we need the receipt # to actually schedule the interview, I need to try to get this information today if possible.

payusvisafee.rsb.ru is the page thatI am referring to, if someone would not mind giving me a helping hand,. please

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

*** Thread moved from K-1 Process forum to the Russia/Ukraine/Belarus regional subforum for country-specific answers. ***

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

When you go to schedule the interview on usatraveldocs.com you will associate the receipt with her login account and then schedule the interview. So all the info you enter with Russian Standard Bank is yours as relates to your credit card.

Edited by jft

Timeline

Ok, got a problem I tried putting all the info on, and it wont let me. Says bank wont allow it. I went to the bank wed to allow 'Non US purchases" and I called them today, and they said "if they had tried to access the account, and it failed because of a block or lack of funds, there woudl be a record in our logs, but nobody has tried"

So either I am using the wrong site, doing something very wrong when I try to pay, or the site is jsut not working right now?

can someone point me in the right direction for this please, so I can pay for the interview, and not have to burden her with the process

Edited by ERICHANDSVETA

Timeline

we ran into the same problem with me paying for Yuliana, we ended up just going to a bank and paying.

I spent 6 hours on the phone with the credit card company trying to make the transaction, it never got to their system

Timeline

we ran into the same problem with me paying for Yuliana, we ended up just going to a bank and paying.

I spent 6 hours on the phone with the credit card company trying to make the transaction, it never got to their system

Edited by Aaron&Ulianna

Timeline

What web browser are you using? I would stick with IE or Safari. Does your bank belong to the Verified By Visa program or the MC equivalent? If not then this may be an issue.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I noticed when trying to use cards to pay for certain things online in Ukraine (and it's probably true for Russia as well) is that most of the time they require your card to have Verified by Visa or whatever its equivalent for Mastercard is. If it's not under that program, they won't even try to charge it and it will just fail.

For some reason in the US most banks do not enroll for either of those programs.

Due to this, the only card that I have ever been able to successfully pay with was my Chase Visa card.

Try with every card you have and hope that at least one of them goes through.

1/4/13 - I129-F Sent | 1/8/13 - Received by USCIS
1/10/13 - NOA1 to VSC | 1/11/13 - Text/Email | 1/17/13 - Hard Copy Received
1/16/13 - Alien Registration Number changed
5/24/13 or 5/29/13 - Case Transferred to TSC
7/2/13 - NOA2 from TSC! (173 days from NOA1) | 7/6/13 - Hard Copy Received
7/18/13 - Shipped to NVC | 7/26/13 - Received at NVC and case number assigned
7/29/13 - In transit to consulate | 7/31/13 - Received by consulate
8/20/13 - Medical - Passed | 8/21/13 - Interview - Approved!
8/28/13 - Passport with visa ready to pickup from courier
10/17/13 - POE - JFK
10/28/13 - Applied for SSN and marriage license | 11/2/13 - SS card received
11/21/13 - Wedding

12/30/13 - I485/I765/I131 Sent | 1/2/14 - Received by USCIS
1/3/14 - NOA1 to NBC | 1/16/14 - Hard Copy Received
2/4/14 - Biometrics
3/7/14 - AP and EAD approved!
3/11/14 - AP/EAD card mailed | 3/14/14 - Received
4/10/14 - Interview Waiver letter
6/16/14 - Approved! | 6/21/14 - GC Received

5/2/16 - I-751 Sent | 5/5/16 - Received by USCIS
5/6/16 - NOA1 to VSC
6/14/16 - Biometrics

4/19/17 - Approved! | 4/22/17 - Letter received | 5/4/17 - GC Received

Timeline

I finally got my US Bank Platinum card to go thru, but I had to call US Bank, and have them put Visa Verify on the card.

Svetlana does not know I finally figured this out ( I was closing a house during this process also, so I had some serious balls i was juggling), but the house closing was this morning, and I got to give this a few hours of my attention this afternoon, and finally got my receipt #.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.