jenni and sami

Embassy Interview a Success: Now the Wait...

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I had my interview at the embassy yesterday, and they tell me they will be issuing a visa! Woop, woop! :D

Now I just wait for the courier - I have a flight booked for next Thursday, so it's cutting it a little fine, but they said it should take 3-5 working days.

Loads of other people have posted on exactly what the interview entails, so I won't go into detail - basically a lot of waiting around, followed by some pretty simple questions from some pretty friendly people. I did mess up a little, in that I forgot to bring photocopies of my documents - the first lady I saw said it wouldn't be a big problem, they'd just copy them and charge me for it, but by the time I went up for my actual interview with the immigration officer, they never charged me for the copies, so I'm presuming they turned a blind eye or something. I'm not complaining either way...

Now just waiting for that doorbell to ring. I've paid extra for an expedited delivery - this won't speed up the delivery in terms of days, but it does mean it will arrive before 8am. Figured this was worth it, just in case it doesn't arrive until Thursday morning - I may still make my flight then.

Finally - this time next week I'll be sitting at Gatwick, just hours away from seeing my good lady and getting on with our lives!

Good luck to all those still waiting. I wish you all speedy progress.

Sami

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congrajulation and happy reunion and hope our day come too when my fiance comes to the airport to recieve me and i pick her up in my arms we both miss each other alot lucky people u can celebrate christmas and newyear together but ours gone by this time hope our turn come too as today yours came

CONGRAJULATIONS AGAIN from both of us

Congratulation, have a wonderful flight home

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Congratulations

Everything I respond to is from personal knowledge, research or experience and I am in no means a lawyer or do I claim to be one. Everyone should read, research and be responsible for your own journey.

Someone else paid for a before 8am delivery on here...be warned it can turn up VERY early. I think hers turned up at 6.15am or something!

Anyhoo, congrats and have a safe trip to the USA! :dance:

Yup! My hubby didn't pay for expedited but his arrived at 6:45AM anyway! Congrats to you!!!

btw, mags...I love you pics.

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Hi there, first off congrats on your approval!! im scheduled for my interview this Tuesday, I would love to know what type of questions they asked? I realise you have said people have already listed this type of info. but ive searched and i cant really find a list of questions, any ideas? much appreciated! Kind regards.

2006/05/14 I-129f sent

2006/06/23 RFE (IMBRA)

2006/06/28 RFE reply

2006/08/10 RFE2 (more proof of relationship)

2006/09/01 RFE2 reply

2006/09/15 I-129f approved!!

2006/12/05 Interview, approved in London!

2006/12/08 Visa in hand!

2006/12/09 Landed at DFW Texas

2007/02/12 DORA AOS interview

2007/03/16 Biometrics

2007/06/25 Green Card in hand

th-SA%20Flag.pngus%20flag.gif5%20texas-flagVweb.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Hi there, first off congrats on your approval!! im scheduled for my interview this Tuesday, I would love to know what type of questions they asked? I realise you have said people have already listed this type of info. but ive searched and i cant really find a list of questions, any ideas? much appreciated! Kind regards.
Totally different embassy. You might try regional forums for your particular embassy or try the link at the top of the page "embassy reviews".

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congrats hope you have a happy life together :D

Dec 02 06 - Met for first time irl after 2 years of iming and telephone calls

Mar 03 06 - sent petition to Nebraska

June 06 - Petition approved sent to embassy

July 06 - Forms sent back to embassy

July 06 - Sept 06 - in USA with fiance

Oct 11 06 - Medical Interview

Nov 14 06 - Medical Approved sent to embassy

Nov 15 06 - Checklist sent to embassy

Nov 25 06 - Package 4 arrives Interview date 8th dec

Dec 08 06 - Went to Embassy got Visa yayayaya

Dec 17 06 - Flying to the USA

Jan 20 07 - Wedding date (panic)

Filed: Timeline

Sami,

On the public charge issue, did you submit both your fiancee's financial package and her mother's? Only your fiancee's package? Only her mother's package?

Yodrak

I had my interview at the embassy yesterday, and they tell me they will be issuing a visa! Woop, woop!

Now I just wait for the courier - I have a flight booked for next Thursday, so it's cutting it a little fine, but they said it should take 3-5 working days.

Loads of other people have posted on exactly what the interview entails, so I won't go into detail - basically a lot of waiting around, followed by some pretty simple questions from some pretty friendly people. I did mess up a little, in that I forgot to bring photocopies of my documents - the first lady I saw said it wouldn't be a big problem, they'd just copy them and charge me for it, but by the time I went up for my actual interview with the immigration officer, they never charged me for the copies, so I'm presuming they turned a blind eye or something. I'm not complaining either way...

Now just waiting for that doorbell to ring. I've paid extra for an expedited delivery - this won't speed up the delivery in terms of days, but it does mean it will arrive before 8am. Figured this was worth it, just in case it doesn't arrive until Thursday morning - I may still make my flight then.

Finally - this time next week I'll be sitting at Gatwick, just hours away from seeing my good lady and getting on with our lives!

Good luck to all those still waiting. I wish you all speedy progress.

Sami

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.