HollyEslem

Question about Co-sponsor documentation..

6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hello everyone! I hope your journeys are going well! We sent in our DS 230 and are currently waiting for an interview date..it's been 11 days so God willing, hopefully soon!! I just have a quick question..

Our co sponsor finally sent me all the documents needed for the interview (when we have it). She had to wait a long time for her employer to do up her statement of employment. I mailed out the documentation to my fiance but i'm scared to death that he may not get it in time. I also sent a set to a friend who will be travelling to Tunisia but she's not sure exactly when yet as she was having some issues. I sent it to my fiance the fastest way possible via USPS..but i've sent stuff the quickest way before and it still took a month to get there..DHL costs wayyyyyyyyyyy too much and i would have had to drive over 30 minutes away to mail it out as that was the closest facility. I made colored copies of everything before i sent it.

Our dilemma is: What do we do if he doesn't get it in time? Would it be okay to scan colored copies and email it to him to print out? All have the original signatures, dates, etc. It would just be a copy of the originals. Would it be acceptable for the embassy to have the copies and he could tell them that the original documents are on the way in the meantime? This, of course, is worst case scenario in the event that he WOULDNT get it in time..

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks so much!

February 4, 2010- Met!!

September 6, 2010-First Trip to Tunisia..officially a couple!

June 28, 2011-Second Trip to Tunisia..became engaged!!

March 2012-Third Trip to Tunisia

June 26, 2012-Fourth Trip to Tunisia..Started preparing our wedding plans!

November 6 2012-Filed our K-1 Petition!

November 16, 2012- NOA 1: K-1 Received and entered into the database

November 23, 2012- Petition was "touched" In initial review..YAY!!

March 16, 2013- Fifth Trip to Tunisia..and anxiously waiting for approval!

May 23, 2013-NOA 2: Petition Approved!!

June 3, 2013-Petition received by NVC!

June 6, 2013-Petition forwarded to the embassy in Tunisia!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

June 17, 2013- Consulate Received!!

June 25, 2013- Received Packet 3 from Embassy!

July 4, 2013- Sent Packet 3 back to Embassy..waiting for an interview date!

July 15, 2013- Packet 4 received..Interview set for July 30, 2013!!!

July 22, 2013- Medical done!!

July 30, 2013- Interview- APPROVED!!!!

August 5, 2013-Picked up Visa!!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

November 7, 2013-We are finally married!!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

If it does not get there in time, there does not seem to be anything else you could do about it. You can go with your backup plan, and if everything else is in order, they may simply ask for the documentation to be provided before giving the official approval.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Thank you so much!!!!! We just got our email..July 30th!!!! :D so excited and nervous

February 4, 2010- Met!!

September 6, 2010-First Trip to Tunisia..officially a couple!

June 28, 2011-Second Trip to Tunisia..became engaged!!

March 2012-Third Trip to Tunisia

June 26, 2012-Fourth Trip to Tunisia..Started preparing our wedding plans!

November 6 2012-Filed our K-1 Petition!

November 16, 2012- NOA 1: K-1 Received and entered into the database

November 23, 2012- Petition was "touched" In initial review..YAY!!

March 16, 2013- Fifth Trip to Tunisia..and anxiously waiting for approval!

May 23, 2013-NOA 2: Petition Approved!!

June 3, 2013-Petition received by NVC!

June 6, 2013-Petition forwarded to the embassy in Tunisia!

June 14, 2013- Received letter from NVC notifying us of our petition being forwarded to Tunis!

June 17, 2013- Consulate Received!!

June 25, 2013- Received Packet 3 from Embassy!

July 4, 2013- Sent Packet 3 back to Embassy..waiting for an interview date!

July 15, 2013- Packet 4 received..Interview set for July 30, 2013!!!

July 22, 2013- Medical done!!

July 30, 2013- Interview- APPROVED!!!!

August 5, 2013-Picked up Visa!!

September 16, 2013-Eslem arrived safely in my arms!! POE: Pittsburg International Airport

November 7, 2013-We are finally married!!!

3jYnm4.png

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Tunisia
Timeline

Hey Holly we didn't have the police certificate in time and they still passed him to the interview and told him to bring it later when he gets it then he would get the visa

Filed: Timeline

Hello everyone! I hope your journeys are going well! We sent in our DS 230 and are currently waiting for an interview date..it's been 11 days so God willing, hopefully soon!! I just have a quick question..

Our co sponsor finally sent me all the documents needed for the interview (when we have it). She had to wait a long time for her employer to do up her statement of employment. I mailed out the documentation to my fiance but i'm scared to death that he may not get it in time. I also sent a set to a friend who will be travelling to Tunisia but she's not sure exactly when yet as she was having some issues. I sent it to my fiance the fastest way possible via USPS..but i've sent stuff the quickest way before and it still took a month to get there..DHL costs wayyyyyyyyyyy too much and i would have had to drive over 30 minutes away to mail it out as that was the closest facility. I made colored copies of everything before i sent it.

Our dilemma is: What do we do if he doesn't get it in time? Would it be okay to scan colored copies and email it to him to print out? All have the original signatures, dates, etc. It would just be a copy of the originals. Would it be acceptable for the embassy to have the copies and he could tell them that the original documents are on the way in the meantime? This, of course, is worst case scenario in the event that he WOULDNT get it in time..

Any advice would greatly be appreciated!! Thanks so much!

{My post was moved to the wrong place, when this topic was split. I re-post below}

Having the scanned and emailed copies on hand would be better than having nothing. Send the scanned copies to the interviewee, bring them to the interview, present them if asked. I would also make an affidavit, signed and dated, attesting to the validity of the copies and that originals can be presented when available. The case might be placed into administrative processing until the originals are presented; but thats better than a denial. Only present documents thay they ask for.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.