RIbeneme

NVC returned Petition to USCIS

10 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I had posted a few months ago about this but wanted to update everyone and see if anyone else had advice as to what I can do. My I-130 was received on December 3, 2012 and it was approved February 4, 2013. It was then sent to NVC for processing. I paid and sent in the I-864 March 4, 2013. I paid for the DS-230 on March 29, 2013. I sent in everything except his Police Certificate from UK because we had not received that at the time. I received a letter from NVC on May 4, 2013 that they sent my petition back to USCIS. I called NVC to find out the problem and they told me that USCIS "requested" the petition back. I called USCIS and they had no idea what I was talking about and even as current as my phone call to them this afternoon their position is that my petition was approved and still have not received it back from NVC, OVER 60 DYAS AFTER MY LETTER!! I received all my original documents back from NVC about 3 weeks after they sent me the letter. I have been to my local Baltimore Field office on an InfoPass to try and get answers and they were not helpful by any means. I have talked to 3 or 4 tier 2 officers and 2 of their supervisors and still nothing. The first supervisor I spoke with adviced me to apply for a K-3 just to get him here while we were waiting, however, my I-129f has been denied due to the fact that my I-130 has already been approved. I have enlisted my local Congressman Visa Liaison to help me with this. NVC sent her a letter informing her that they sent my petition back to the Dallas Field Office. She contacted the Dallas Field offidce over 3 weeks ago and she still has not heard anything from them. The last USCIS supervisor I spoke with said that originally my peition went to the National Office and then the Baltimore Field office and was approved from there. She said that if it went any where it would have been to one of those offices and NOT Dallas. USCIS did a service request to tell me where my peition is and I got a letter back that they have no information on it. When I called last Monday, July 1, they did another stating that it has been over 30 days since my last and they can file for another. I also contacted my local Senator and she stated that since the Congressman's office is already working on it that they should not get involved cause it is then too many hands in the pot. It has now been well over 60 days since my peition was supposedly sent back to USCIS and still no one knows where it is and what is happening and why. I am hoping and praying in another 30 days we will have some kind of answer. I have also contacted an immigration lawyer and he told me that at this point there is nothing he can do to help me. Has this ever happened to anyone else before?? What more can I do?? I feel so very helpless and I miss my husband so very much!!! PLEASE HELP!!!! Sorry so long but there is a lot of info for this.

Timeline

I am so sorry for your pain and troubles. Our VJ took over four years of ups and downs, so we can completely feel your frustrations, emotional exhaustion and pain. Have you tried to contact your congressman/woman? Call their office and see if they can find out what the heck is going on with your petition?

Also, contact your State Senators for their help as well. Stay strong for this too shall pass...Will keep you in our prayers. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

After 4 months my I-130 petition has finally made it to my local CIS office in Baltimore. I went there on an InfoPass to find out what the problem is and why it is taking so long. They told me that my husband has been involved in activity that he shouldn't be. When I asked for more details he said that he couldn't give me any. After showing genuine concern, he told me that they suspect marriage fraud and that they have reason to believe that my husband only married me to get into the US. I can tell all of you with 100% certainty this is ABSOLUTELY NOT TRUE!!! They said I have to wait to get my denial or intent to deny letter to get more details. I contacted my immigration liaison at my congressman's office that has been helping me and she is going to try to contact them to make sure that they have the correct person. I tried to explain to them that there are other men close to my husband's age and in the same area with both his same first and last name. Has anyone ever had any experience with this and can offer any information or help at all!! I was told that this is their worse charge and they may never let my husband come but this is NOT TRUE!! What can I do??!!

There's not really anything you can do until they make their decision or send you an RFE for more evidence if they cannot reach one. You've not had a denial, so you're simply still pending. :(

I assume you sent lots of good relationship evidence in the initial package?

* I-130/CR-1 visa by Direct Consular Filing in London
3rd May 2013 - Married in London

7th May 2013 - I-130 filed
4th June 2013 - NOA2 (approved)
16th July 2013 - Interview (approved)
30th July 2013 - POE San Francisco
29th August 2013 - 2 year green card arrived

* How? Read my DCF London I-130 for CR1/IR1 Spouse Guide

* Removal of Conditions (RoC) via California Service Centre
1st May 2015 - 90 day RoC window opened
6th May 2015 - I-751 filed (delivered 8th May, cheque cashed 18th May)
7th August 2015 - Approved / GC production

27th August 2015 - 10 year green card arrived

* Naturalisation (Citizenship) via Phoenix Lockbox

* San Francisco Field Office:
1st May 2016 - N-400 window opened
20th August 2016 - N-400 filed

26th August 2016 - NOA1
13th September 2016 - Biometrics

12th January 2017 - Biometrics (again)
30th May 2017 - Interview (approved)
7th June 2017 - Oath

You need to start reading Nigeria forums and sections here in visajourney. Nigeria is a high fraud country.

If you had no hiccups great, but you really should have been prepared for this fight, because it is Nigeria and for immigration purposes they consider Nigeria to be a whole new world.

How much time have you spent together?

Where was your wedding?

How much contact have you had with his family?

What are your ties together?

Do you know his friends?

Have you visited his city or village?

Have you met his coworkers?

Was it a meeting on the Internet?

What did you submit with your packet?

Not asking to pry but to get an understanding. When you marry people from non western countries, to me and my opinion and seeing other people's problems, you tend to have to show double the proof because the U.S. believes evryone from a non western country only marries USCs for a visa.

My husband and I have a house and a building together in his country and they were still doubtful of our relationship, but now we are in AP, for other reasons.

I am truly sorry and I hope you work through this all.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

***Moved from Process & Procedures to Progress Reports and report sent to Moderation team to merge duplicate threads. Please do not start multiple threads on the same issue.***

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Other Timeline

You need to start reading Nigeria forums and sections here in visajourney. Nigeria is a high fraud country.

If you had no hiccups great, but you really should have been prepared for this fight, because it is Nigeria and for immigration purposes they consider Nigeria to be a whole new world.

How much time have you spent together?

Where was your wedding?

How much contact have you had with his family?

What are your ties together?

Do you know his friends?

Have you visited his city or village?

Have you met his coworkers?

Was it a meeting on the Internet?

What did you submit with your packet?

Not asking to pry but to get an understanding. When you marry people from non western countries, to me and my opinion and seeing other people's problems, you tend to have to show double the proof because the U.S. believes evryone from a non western country only marries USCs for a visa.

My husband and I have a house and a building together in his country and they were still doubtful of our relationship, but now we are in AP, for other reasons.

I am truly sorry and I hope you work through this all.

I agree but the truth is they do through background checks, even enquiring in ones village from neighbors (I understand) I think

OP should read the Nigeria threads Maybe he's bonafide & some are great actors. I think you should read some threads, some are

already marred or in a relationship and the consulate finds out during the process.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.