roughE

Police clearance India, Hyderabad?? How?

22 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Hi!

I just have the NVC case number which I got on wednesday.

I want to be prepared with the Immigration Visa documents, Police clearance is one of them, It takes months to have this certificate.

I checked the website saying that they require a

• PCC requirement letter from consulate or acknowledgment copy of application submitted at consulate for visa or instructions of the concerned country for PCC.

http://apps.appolice.gov.in/pcchyderabad/instructions.aspx

What form should I give to have it accepted?

Timeline

Hi!

I just have the NVC case number which I got on wednesday.

I want to be prepared with the Immigration Visa documents, Police clearance is one of them, It takes months to have this certificate.

I checked the website saying that they require a

• PCC requirement letter from consulate or acknowledgment copy of application submitted at consulate for visa or instructions of the concerned country for PCC.

http://apps.appolice.gov.in/pcchyderabad/instructions.aspx

What form should I give to have it accepted?

I am assuming a copy of the i130 application form and NOA2 should do, Please throw some light on this issue.....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am assuming a copy of the i130 application form and NOA2 should do, Please throw some light on this issue.....

Dept. of State Reciprocity table says that you need it from Passport office. http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs

A friend of mine who did IR-1 in 2011 (Keralite, with Chennai consulate) took it from their local passport office, not Police Station.

I guess you are also in Chennai's jurisdiction

Timeline

Dept. of State Reciprocity table says that you need it from Passport office. http://travel.state.gov/visa/fees/fees_5455.html?cid=9215#docs

A friend of mine who did IR-1 in 2011 (Keralite, with Chennai consulate) took it from their local passport office, not Police Station.

I guess you are also in Chennai's jurisdiction

Thank you so much, this does make a lot of sense, I never would have known there are two types of Police Clearances :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is really helpful info. thanks a lot for that roughE and scienceworks. Is the same applicable for F2A category also?

Also, now that Chennai is not processing immigrant visas anymore (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/immigrantstous.html), does it mean I fall under Mumbai consulate? thanks in advance.

Timeline

This is really helpful info. thanks a lot for that roughE and scienceworks. Is the same applicable for F2A category also?

Also, now that Chennai is not processing immigrant visas anymore (http://chennai.usconsulate.gov/immigrantstous.html), does it mean I fall under Mumbai consulate? thanks in advance.

All the immigration Visas are being processed by the Mumbai consulate, Chennai consulate is no more doing it.

Timeline

All the immigration Visas are being processed by the Mumbai consulate, Chennai consulate is no more doing it.

Thanks. I guess we had filled Chennai in the application. Should we change it to Mumbai ourselves or will the USCIS/NVC address it and re-direct it to Mumbai?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Thanks. I guess we had filled Chennai in the application. Should we change it to Mumbai ourselves or will the USCIS/NVC address it and re-direct it to Mumbai?

Wow. that's terrible that they won't do it in Chennai anymore. When I had my IV stuff way back in '99, it was a pain traveling from Kerala to Chennai.

I believe the reciprocity table is applicable for all immigrant visas.

You might want to contact the NVC regarding the transfer. When you get your PCC from passport office (roughE & f2aforconsular), could you please message me/or post here about the process, regarding the time needed and the procedure?

Timeline

Wow. that's terrible that they won't do it in Chennai anymore. When I had my IV stuff way back in '99, it was a pain traveling from Kerala to Chennai.

I believe the reciprocity table is applicable for all immigrant visas.

You might want to contact the NVC regarding the transfer. When you get your PCC from passport office (roughE & f2aforconsular), could you please message me/or post here about the process, regarding the time needed and the procedure?

Thanks scienceworks. Will check with the NVC about the transfer.

And sure, will update once I am at/done with PCC stage.

Good luck for your process :)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

I got my police clearance in an hour, just follow this website and book appointment with the documents they require (a passport and an address proof) http://passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/online/pccOnlineApp the rest will be done by them, they gave me 2 original copies of the certificate and endorsed on my passport. 500 Rs is what they charged.

Timeline

Congrats RoughE! That is very fast. I notice that you are not case complete as yet from your timeline. Is it ok to take PCC even before case complete?

One more question, did you include spouse name in the passport application while applying for PCC? Elsewhere on VJ, I saw differing opinions for this topic - One opinion is that it is ok to apply as 'single' in the application for PCC (logic given is that because spouse name is not included in passport, it is better to go as 'single' even for PCC. Else, if we include spouse name, it involves re-issue of visa which could take another 45 days). The other opinion is that it is better to include spouse name and then apply for PCC (logic is that somebody was denied PCC when spouse name was not included).

Do you think it depends on the location of application (I am from Andhra Pradesh). Please share your experience.

*** moved to regional forum as topic is regionally specific and can apply to multiple visa types from IR1 process and procedures ***

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Timeline

Congrats RoughE! That is very fast. I notice that you are not case complete as yet from your timeline. Is it ok to take PCC even before case complete?

One more question, did you include spouse name in the passport application while applying for PCC? Elsewhere on VJ, I saw differing opinions for this topic - One opinion is that it is ok to apply as 'single' in the application for PCC (logic given is that because spouse name is not included in passport, it is better to go as 'single' even for PCC. Else, if we include spouse name, it involves re-issue of visa which could take another 45 days). The other opinion is that it is better to include spouse name and then apply for PCC (logic is that somebody was denied PCC when spouse name was not included).

Do you think it depends on the location of application (I am from Andhra Pradesh). Please share your experience.

It is alright to get a PCC now coz its validity is for 6 months and please go as a married, use the same passport (no need to change), but take your original marriage certificate with you, just in case they ask (they didn't ask me though). I dont understand the logic though, if you find anything let me know.

Edited by roughE

Timeline

Thanks for the info. Will follow the same.

Would like to know how to go about the following point:

Please let me know if and how you do this.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.